2017 festival

kaosmark2

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 hours ago, Odessa said:

Manchester Apollo tweeted £35-£42.50, so Bristol will be roughly the same. I'm expecting £35 + fees for the seats at the back and £42.50 + fees for everywhere else. Could end up close to £50, so not cheap. I'm prob gonna go though, be better than seeing them in arenas and I'm not banking on fancying Leeds next year.

Just hope they're not one of those bands that skimp on the set cos they're playing smaller venues. I'd have been gutted if I'd paid £50 to see Kasabian last week and got just 15 songs including 4 off 48:13. If bands are gonna charge normal price then they should play a normal length set.

Price are up on SeeTickets now for Manchester (but none of the other dates though but can't be much different) and the standing and back seats are £39.90 and front seats are £48.15

Edited by justanothername

50 minutes ago, justanothername said:

Price are up on SeeTickets now for Manchester (but none of the other dates though but can't be much different) and the standing and back seats are £39.90 and front seats are £48.15

London Standing will be at least  £44 based on that and touching/passing £50 with fees etc and that's the only one I could go to.

Just now, TornShaun said:

That's me Sunday :/ Architects and Ash is it!

TBH I just love watching Muse live. They're nothing like they were but imo they're still one of the best live acts, especially if it aint a "Drones" show so hopefully they'll play more of their older stuff.

Bought myself a Friday ticket. I've always quite liked Kasabian yet never had the chance to see them, and their new stuff is good. Heard they're great live too. Two Door Cinema Club, Jimmy Eat World, Tokimonsta, Idles, The Amazons, Freak will fill up the day nicely. If anyone's got any Friday recommendations @ me. 

2 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

Bought myself a Friday ticket. I've always quite liked Kasabian yet never had the chance to see them, and their new stuff is good. Heard they're great live too. Two Door Cinema Club, Jimmy Eat World, Tokimonsta, Idles, The Amazons, Freak will fill up the day nicely. If anyone's got any Friday recommendations @ me. 

The FR stage is popping off in general - particularly The Big Moon and Jagwar Ma (and Idles as you've said).

God Damn over on The Pit have fantastic songs.

The first three on NME are good too, although The Orwells have a rep for being jerkoffs so that could go to shit.

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

The FR stage is popping off in general - particularly The Big Moon and Jagwar Ma (and Idles as you've said).
The first three on NME are good too, although The Orwells have a rep for being jerkoffs so that could go to shit.

Cheers man I will definitely check those out. It had slipped my mind but I saw Marika Hackman support The 1975 at Royal Albert Hall a few years back and although the crowd was predictably uninterested I thought there was a lot of potential, will give her another watch if there isn't a clash. 

2 hours ago, JSmurphy said:

Definitely go see Barns Courtney open FR stage, one of the acts i'm most looking forward to seeing all weekend!  

Edited by zak14

11 hours ago, dentalplan said:

I'm really looking forward to The Orwells, love their music. I've never seen them and they come from my 'second home' (Chicago) so seeing them in my actual home town (Reading) will be awesome. 

I've not heard about them being arseholes, hopefully that's not the case this summer 

Edited by rfc_478

On 25/04/2017 at 11:40 AM, JSmurphy said:

I've gone in for the Friday too, based on some of the above..

I'm also joining you on the day for Citadel and potentially KOL at BST!

I'm going to try and see at Reading on the Friday:

Marika Hackman, The Magic Gang, Mallory KnoxDeclan Mckenna, Circa Waves, Oh Wonder, JEW, TDCC, Bastille, Toothless, Jagward Ma, YMAS/Kasabian

Bolded are the ones I really want to make sure I see, the rest I will fit in around clashes.

6 minutes ago, Stuielooie said:

Marika Hackman, The Magic Gang, Mallory KnoxDeclan Mckenna, Circa Waves, Oh Wonder, JEW, TDCC, Bastille, Toothless, Jagward Ma, YMAS/Kasabian

Bolded are the ones I really want to make sure I see, the rest I will fit in around clashes.

I've got a Saturday ticket (for Leeds)

For me my day so far is: The Amazons, The Magic Gang, The Orwells, Declan Mckenna, Circa Waves, Oh Wonder, TDCC, Bastille, Kasabian

If anyone has any recommendations let me know! 

Just now, Sam217 said:

I've got a Saturday ticket (for Leeds)

For me my day so far is: The Amazons, The Magic Gang, The Orwells, Declan Mckenna, Circa Waves, Oh Wonder, TDCC, Bastille, Kasabian

If anyone has any recommendations let me know! 

Ah, I forgot The Amazons were playing so far down

On 23/04/2017 at 11:44 AM, Andre91 said:

While She Sleeps' new album is damn near perfect. Their headline slot on The Pit is going to be incredible. 

Yeah, been listening to it for the last few days.

Wasn't overly excited about them headlining the Pit but to be fair the album is pretty good.Looking forward to them now.

Hopefully they'll go back to finishing the Pit/lock up before the main stage headliner starts.

I'd hate there to be a small crowd because of a clash with Eminiem.

Mastodon definitely suffered for being on at the same time as the Chilis last year.

6 hours ago, Stuielooie said:

That's pretty sweet man. Hopefully a good summer of live music lined up!