2017 festival

kaosmark2

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Do they ever have secret sets on the main stage? Or as high up as say subbing? Cause a Royal Blood Secret Set after Liam Gallagher on the Sunday would be weird af but would make that day sooo much better lol

I would have thought there would be a TBA on the post or something to signify something will go on between those two acts. Noooooooooo idea though. 

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

Yeah hadn't thought about that but with the Foals one they had a longer academy tour and fewer arenas; this one is a bit more out of the way so potentially more arenas? Idk. Suppose it depends on the demand for this tour first.

Foals' academy tour was post-album release though so there'd probably have been more demand and more reason to do an extensive tour. Even still I can see them doing similar and playing arenas followed by R&L after the album is out.

3 hours ago, JSmurphy said:

Yeah their probably going to do a more extensive tour later this year / early next to cover those areas. I do still think they're the most likely act for the secret set this year, if there is one. 

Agreed. They were at R&L last year just for the fun of it, if you look back on Ben's (drummer) instagram they were backstage for foals and RHCP. After their 2015 set too it seems like its they'd definitely be up for a secret set, and there's a gap in their dates to fit. Maybe they'll pull a Foals, secret set this year, (co)headline the next?

New song's sounding great as well :P 

Edited by Twice

9 hours ago, thewayiam said:

Has anyone considered the chances of Download taking Royal Blood next year?

It's very unlikely; Download doesn't get a great deal of press coverage, it's not the festival their label would want them to play to give them the maximum exposure and they're not particularly fitting for the event

1 hour ago, rawaudioinput said:

It's very unlikely; Download doesn't get a great deal of press coverage, it's not the festival their label would want them to play to give them the maximum exposure and they're not particularly fitting for the event

Saw them at Download before R/L. They rammed the 3rd and would go down a storm again unless they have changed their sound significantly in a pop direction. Even then they are more suitable than the likes of 30STM, FOB and a lot of the bands Download have this year.

58 minutes ago, devilman said:

Saw them at Download before R/L. They rammed the 3rd and would go down a storm again unless they have changed their sound significantly in a pop direction. Even then they are more suitable than the likes of 30STM, FOB and a lot of the bands Download have this year.

As a headliner tho, would bring the "where's the metal?" peeps out of the woodwork, wouldn't it?

Regardless, I think the main point about the press coverage and exposure is more important. And they're that broadly marketable that they'll attract fans of Kasabian and Arctic Monkeys that would have no interest in venturing to Donington, whilst also appealing to the rock fans that R+L brings too. In fact, they're so perfectly a Reading and Leeds act that not playing on this album tour (which a Download appearance means) would be bewilderng.

16 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

As a headliner tho, would bring the "where's the metal?" peeps out of the woodwork, wouldn't it?

No more than Biffy. I see what you are saying though and Download surely must have 3 headliners backed up for next year already. If there isn't at least 2 of Metallica, BMTH, A7X and GnR I'll eat my hat. If the album is good enough they will headline R/L first. I'd put money on them doing Download too though in 2019 or 2020.

58 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Yep, hoping it aint too expensive hoping to catch it at Bristol though I've never been to that venue

Manchester Apollo tweeted £35-£42.50, so Bristol will be roughly the same. I'm expecting £35 + fees for the seats at the back and £42.50 + fees for everywhere else. Could end up close to £50, so not cheap. I'm prob gonna go though, be better than seeing them in arenas and I'm not banking on fancying Leeds next year.

Just hope they're not one of those bands that skimp on the set cos they're playing smaller venues. I'd have been gutted if I'd paid £50 to see Kasabian last week and got just 15 songs including 4 off 48:13. If bands are gonna charge normal price then they should play a normal length set.

27 minutes ago, MIchael_scarn said:

Who we expecting to fill these extra main stage slots for the Muse day? could it be someone as high as 3rd or 4th down  cos if so could be someone relatively big. Jamie T would be a shout imo

I'd imagine it will be someone slotted in between Architects and Against The Current, and then Against The Current and Vant.

Neck Deep and Modern Baseball, I'm thinking.

4 minutes ago, VCK said:

I'd imagine it will be someone slotted in between Architects and Against The Current, and then Against The Current and Vant.

Neck Deep and Modern Baseball, I'm thinking.

I agree on whereabouts the acts will land. Modern Baseball are off the menu for the foreseeable but @conroy17 suggested the same with Black Foxxes instead, which is perfectly agreeable and I'd side with that for now.

2 hours ago, Odessa said:

Manchester Apollo tweeted £35-£42.50, so Bristol will be roughly the same. I'm expecting £35 + fees for the seats at the back and £42.50 + fees for everywhere else. Could end up close to £50, so not cheap. I'm prob gonna go though, be better than seeing them in arenas and I'm not banking on fancying Leeds next year.

Just hope they're not one of those bands that skimp on the set cos they're playing smaller venues. I'd have been gutted if I'd paid £50 to see Kasabian last week and got just 15 songs including 4 off 48:13. If bands are gonna charge normal price then they should play a normal length set.

theyre doing exactly 90 minutes on this tour which is the bare minimum to be expected from a band of their size. theyre only doing 15 minutes less than the did last tour and are doing 17 songs instead of 21. 

2 hours ago, Muppetmark said:

theyre doing exactly 90 minutes on this tour which is the bare minimum to be expected from a band of their size. theyre only doing 15 minutes less than the did last tour and are doing 17 songs instead of 21. 

Ah at the Llandudno date which my mate went to it was just 15 which I think is a copout, even more frustrating if you went there only to see they'd upped it to 17 at the later gigs. An hour and a half is ok yeah it's hard to complain with that, but as you say bare minimum, anything less is criminal. 

3 hours ago, MIchael_scarn said:

Just checked the R+L app to see anything of worth to find that Watsky is not on there at all, is this the same with any other acts on it or?

I think it must be just taking info from the stage split list on the site, which he isn't on.

He's still on the artist list - which they're usually scrubbed off of if they're not playing - so I'm pretty sure it's just a mix up and he's unfortunately still appearing.

10 hours ago, dentalplan said:

I think it must be just taking info from the stage split list on the site, which he isn't on.

He's still on the artist list - which they're usually scrubbed off of if they're not playing - so I'm pretty sure it's just a mix up and he's unfortunately still appearing.

I went to the warped tour in London in 2013 and I think watsky was the idiot that jumped off a lighting rig and broke a girls arm