2017 festival

kaosmark2

Just now, pepesilvia said:

Flume really has it rough being up against Eminem which is a shame as his live show is brilliant. 

TBH this is why it's gonna be great for me. Skipping Eminem cause of what I heard from his 2013(?) show and hoping that Flume will be dead I can't wait.

Just now, LRRP said:

I'm guessing TDCC are doing well cos they're sandwiched between quite a few bands who would share fans (as with jimmy eat world) + not many bands are playing at the same time as them and Muse are headlining on a day with weak other stage headliners + right before Liam Gallagher who probably shares a lot of fans with them (or at least Oasis do). Flume is a bit of a surprise but he's headlining on a very strong day especially with Eminem there.

That is exactly why he's not doing well I would guess, most people will be going to see Eminem (guessing Eminem is what sold that day out too).

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, dentalplan said:

I dunno what to make of it really. At least 20%-25% of people are there for TDCC but go before Bastille, it seems. Not sure where they go either but The Pit seems popular that night. 

Seems weird but I guess Bastille are a kinda marmite band (you either love or hate them). I checked the pit as I don't really like Kasabian and my other option was YM@6 so really there was no real choice lol.

Just now, dentalplan said:

Another tidbit I forgot to add: The Amazons are the most highlighted act not on main or NME with 20.2%. If they stay there it'll be hell getting into that.

Holy crap. TBH I'm really happy about that, glad that they are getting some notice. What is their percentage compared to Blossoms? Would be interesting to see how 'hyped' Blossoms really are.

5 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

What is their percentage compared to Blossoms? Would be interesting to see how 'hyped' Blossoms really are.

I don't think that's a particularly great indicator to be honest aha, there's pretty much nothing else on at that time that people would see instead. I mean even I had to highlight Blossoms in the end :lol:

Edited by Twice

8 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Holy crap. TBH I'm really happy about that, glad that they are getting some notice. What is their percentage compared to Blossoms? Would be interesting to see how 'hyped' Blossoms really are.

Blossoms have got 40.8% at the moment, so a big hitter. Wonder if Matt's Reading stats may show a decline there.

2 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Didn't spot any but saw the blurb about Carpenter Brut and realised I quite like his work already so cheerz.

Would anyone be interested to hear some stats on the most highlighted artists on me clashfinder? No? Tough.

• Out of 213 results, the most highlighted is a tie between Muse and Two Door Cinema Club. 114 highlights each..Mingin'.
  • Jimmy Eat World (higher than Kasabian) and Blossoms the next highest non-headliners after TDCC.
  • Major Lazer the least checked sub. 
  • Flume has about half the checks that the other NME headliners do. You Me at Six actually doing okay on paper.

@MattDavies__ you got any interesting data?

Had a listen to Carpenter Brut, doesn't sound very Pit-ish

12 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Didn't spot any but saw the blurb about Carpenter Brut and realised I quite like his work already so cheerz.

Would anyone be interested to hear some stats on the most highlighted artists on me clashfinder? No? Tough.

• Out of 213 results, the most highlighted is a tie between Muse and Two Door Cinema Club. 114 highlights each..Mingin'.
  • Jimmy Eat World (higher than Kasabian) and Blossoms the next highest non-headliners after TDCC.
  • Major Lazer the least checked sub. 
  • Flume has about half the checks that the other NME headliners do. You Me at Six actually doing okay on paper.

@MattDavies__ you got any interesting data?

Lets see, out of 359 highlights

• Top 5 is: Two Door Cinema Club (206), Eminem (191), Kasabian (187), Muse (183), Jimmy Eat World (176), so they're all around 50%
  • Major Lazer are also the lowest sub, below the likes of Mallory Knox and Moose Blood 
  • NMe headliners are all well low: You Me At Six are on 69, HAIM 55 and Flume 42 (that's two less than Ash...) 
  • Blossoms are on 34%, actually about the same as Korn 
Edited by MattDavies__

3 hours ago, Andre91 said:

TNM gave Carpenter Brut's live shows some real scathing reviews. It's a good listen if you're wanting to check them out at R&L. I'll probably end up going along as one of my friends is quite into them.

Quelle surprise Rodney, quelle surprise...

2 hours ago, MattDavies__ said:

• Top 5 is: Two Door Cinema Club (206), Eminem (191), Kasabian (187), Muse (183), Jimmy Eat World (176), so they're all around 50%
  • Major Lazer are also the lowest sub, below the likes of Mallory Knox and Moose Blood 
  • NMe headliners are all well low: You Me At Six are on 69, HAIM 55 and Flume 42 (that's two less than Ash...) 

Ah cool. So a lot of similar results to Leeds, which shouldn't be much of a shock. :lol: Blossoms down a bit (but not a significant lot) and while Muse looks to be down, they've actually got practically the same percentage so it's everything above that is up.

This TDCC thing is wild. I hope Melvin isn't seeing this and going back through his email drafts, finding the one asking TDCC to headline Latitude and being like

bdb0rszpvzqy.gif

11 hours ago, MattDavies__ said:

Tbf JEW oppitimize Reading Festival....the best booking for me they have this year.

Major Lazer are going to play a festival with over 170k attending and a shit load of them that have interest in Major Lazer will see them there.

YM@6 have dropped a lot and HAIM and Flume shouldn't be a surprise tbh.

11 hours ago, MattDavies__ said:

TBH if anything this just shows that there is probably a general trend away from electronic acts (either in the people using the clashfinders or just in general) if both Flume and Major Lazer are down. Would be interesting to know how well the Dance headliners are doing + sub focus & mura masa.

YM@6 is not that surprising but I am surprised at HAIM being that low down considering Muse isn't doing the best either. What are people going to on the Sunday night?!

10 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

TBH if anything this just shows that there is probably a general trend away from electronic acts (either in the people using the clashfinders or just in general) if both Flume and Major Lazer are down. Would be interesting to know how well the Dance headliners are doing + sub focus & mura masa.

YM@6 is not that surprising but I am surprised at HAIM being that low down considering Muse isn't doing the best either. What are people going to on the Sunday night?!

If people want to hear dance/electronic this year I'd bet that Creamfields is their most sought after option as they've pretty much got it all. 

We should also remember that not everyone uses a clashfinder and are that bothered until the festivals release times but I bet if you are at Glastonbury you are much less interested.

Just now, thewayiam said:

If people want to hear dance/electronic this year I'd bet that Creamfields is their most sought after option as they've pretty much got it all. 

We should also remember that not everyone uses a clashfinder and are that bothered until the festivals release times but I bet if you are at Glastonbury you are much less interested.

Creamfields has it all every year (But TBH this year SW4 has really picked up their game). I still find it weird that the electronic is less popular though because I always view R+L as more of a variety festival. I can see rock or electronic or rap or r&b etc. (e.g. one shouldn't be bigger than the other)

Although, tbh I can see what you're saying. The demographic of the clashfinder is probably nowhere near to the same as the demographic for the festival

1 hour ago, Mattymooz said:

Fatboy Slim just scrapes into the top 30 with around 20%. All the others you mention are well down on that. 

1 hour ago, Mattymooz said:

Creamfields has it all every year (But TBH this year SW4 has really picked up their game). I still find it weird that the electronic is less popular though because I always view R+L as more of a variety festival. I can see rock or electronic or rap or r&b etc. (e.g. one shouldn't be bigger than the other)

Although, tbh I can see what you're saying. The demographic of the clashfinder is probably nowhere near to the same as the demographic for the festival

SW4 has upped it's game this year but I think many are shared with Creamfields and probably doing it as well due to wanting to be at Creamfields. There is even some things I was tempted by with SW4 this year, even over cream as I'm seeing who I want to at Cream in Ibiza pretty much and I got a ticket for Axwell and Ingrosso for £28 in London at Steel Yard when they put then on half price last weekend. Tbf though, a £100 which is what they were asking for Saturday/Sunday Day tickets for Cream isn't worth it and it's the one where they do you the most over booking fees, probably where they recoup the rest of the funds that the big names there have been paid. Half hoping Steve Angello randomly turns up at the Steel Yard but I expect it will be the headline set at Cream if at all. Tbf though they cover anything I'd most likely want to hear in their set anyway.

Like what is said about about Fatboy on 20% though, Creamfields has him as well on what is a very good day for Cream and your majority dance lover will be there.

I think with TDCC they seem to know their audience there, a few years back I'd have been all over Kasabian and that top 4.

4 minutes ago, AdamJansson88 said:

Definitely clutching at straws but there's a massive north-west gap in Royal Bloods academy tour, potential secret set?

Possibly, but it seems more to do with playing cities that they won't later go back to on an arena tour.

7 minutes ago, AdamJansson88 said:

Definitely clutching at straws but there's a massive north-west gap in Royal Bloods academy tour, potential secret set?

Yeah their probably going to do a more extensive tour later this year / early next to cover those areas. I do still think they're the most likely act for the secret set this year, if there is one. 

23 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

I can't imagine people going for the likes of Major Lazer and Eminem are the type of people to sit down over 4 months in advance filling out clashfinders based on predicted times tbf.

True but I think everyone got that. Don't think anyone was actually under the impression Two Door would get a bigger crowd than Eminem.

Major Lazer will be packed with people getting there in time for Eminem. Already seen a load of tweets asking when he starts so they know when to get there. :lol:

15 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

Yeah their probably going to do a more extensive tour later this year / early next to cover those areas. I do still think they're the most likely act for the secret set this year, if there is one. 

Yeah hadn't thought about that but with the Foals one they had a longer academy tour and fewer arenas; this one is a bit more out of the way so potentially more arenas? Idk. Suppose it depends on the demand for this tour first.

21 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

I think it will be either them or someone like alt-j/tame impala or another new headliner for 2018