2017 festival

kaosmark2

2 minutes ago, harryy said:

how do the secret sets get announced? Reading Twitter Page?/

They're not officially announced, hence why they're secret. Usually the artist drops hints or you find hints while you're at the festival... Gotta listen up for word-of-mouth. Last year, there were suddenly You Me At Six posters in the Arena, with a stage and a time.

Edited by stefcia

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, dentalplan said:

Something like that. You definitely know when the times are released whether there'll be one and whoever it is usually surfaces before official announcement.

oh okay, figured the artist would tweet like an hour before 

1 hour ago, manchestermusicreview said:

Honestly, from a perspective of a first time goer, I couldn't be more excited regarding the lineup. Muse has been one of my all-time favourite bands, and it'll be the performance that will make my summer. I'm pretty sure there's lots of 16-18 year olds who share this excitement to see Eminem, Muse and Kasabian, in most cases for the first/second time. This is the demographic that R/L has to appeal to.

Anyway, my schedule for the weekend would be:

Lifeà The Magic Gangà Mallory Knoxà Rat Boy à Circa Wavesà JEW à TDCCà Bastille à Danny Brown

Paris Youth Foundationà Superfoodà Blaenevon à Inheaven à Cabbageà Frank Carterà Sundara Karma à Loyle Carner àEverything Everything à Glass Animals à Flume

Vantà Ten Tonnesà  King Nun à Pondà The Sherlocks à Blossoms à Liam Gallagher à Muse

There's so many bands, both old and new, that I want to see. It's gonna be a fantastic weekend for a first timer, if you guys can empathise with that. That's even without the absences of Royal Blood, Catfish and Alt-J.

Being a 1st time Reading goer I can only presume you are pretty young and I can see why it appeals. It is most likely very similar to when I was 20 and going with 30 year old's thinking what a crock of shite as everything moves on over time and what I was bothered with back then isn't now. For me last year I'd have bothered to see 6 acts on the bill, Friday I'd have gone in for Frank if I could be bothered and that's it...easily the worst day I've seen at the fest period, whereas this year I have 8 but actual some of every day.

7 minutes ago, harryy said:

how do the secret sets get announced? Reading Twitter Page?/

When the times come out it'll say basically when there is a gap on NME.

31 minutes ago, harryy said:

oh okay, figured the artist would tweet like an hour before 

Nah you'd definitely have more notice than that.

From what I can recall: Green Day tweeted out and confirmed on radio a few days before the festival so it was common knowledge, Jamie T tweeted out on the morning of the appearance and I think he was truly unexpected, Foals did the same but they were also pretty much common knowledge weeks before and You Me at Six did the poster thing as stefcia described but were also anticipated a few days before from info on here.

Each time there was a gap in the schedule where you knew they'd be playing though and I think YMAS were added to the official app as well so to say it's 'secret', it's probably actually quite hard to miss.

Edited by dentalplan

5 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Nah you'd definitely have more notice than that.

From what I can recall: Green Day tweeted out and confirmed on radio a few days before the festival so it was common knowledge, Jamie T tweeted out on the morning of the appearance and I think he was truly unexpected, Foals did the same but they were also pretty much common knowledge weeks before and You Me at Six did the poster thing as stefcia described but were also anticipated a few days before from info on here.

Each time there was a gap in the schedule where you knew they'd be playing though and I think YMAS were added to the official app as well so to say it's 'secret', it's probably actually quite hard to miss.

Well i look forward to whoever is there

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

I'm sure Architects could be sixth down at R+L, despite their temperature.

There's space NME Friday and FR Saturday, depending on who the act would be. Obviously Royal Blood would wanna be the former.

Hmm I guess the only reason I'm thinking that, too, is because of what Andre says about them, and if there's anyone would bigs up the size of acts they like it's Andre.

Am gonna go back to predicting chance to slot in because it can't stay as shite as it currently is, can it? Eminem and Giggs probably satisfy their token hip-hop appearance on the main stage, mind.

1 minute ago, harryy said:

Was eminem any good back in 2012?

2013, but no the overwhelming opinion was that he was absolute gash. Thankfully I'd heard about his absolute gash-ness in advance (and also heard his absolutely gash music) so had a top night in the FR tent with Savages and British Sea Power.

Just now, Will-2609 said:

2013, but no the overwhelming opinion was that he was absolute gash. Thankfully I'd heard about his absolute gash-ness in advance (and also heard his absolutely gash music) so had a top night in the FR tent with Savages and British Sea Power.

Sorry couldn't remember the year but yeah think Andy C or Flume and Glass Animals will make my night

7 minutes ago, harryy said:

Sorry couldn't remember the year but yeah think Andy C or Flume and Glass Animals will make my night

I imagine I'd be at Glass Animals and Flume if I was going this year. Glass Animals are a good thing and I've heard lots of good stuff about Flume so I'd like to check him out.

Just now, harryy said:

If you generally don't really care which you go and see I would recommend Flume. he barely ever plays in the UK whereas Andy C is around fairly regularly (heck he played Leeds last year)

11 minutes ago, VCK said:

The whole undercard on the Muse day looks like it could be moved down a slot but at this stage I think it's only the opening two acts that are left to be announced.

Vant are still playing smaller rooms for under a tenner so I'd be surprised if they're on the same tier as The Pretty Reckless and Mallory Knox. That said, I wouldn't bet against it just being two bands after them or one band either side of ATC.

14 hours ago, Will-2609 said:

Hmm I guess the only reason I'm thinking that, too, is because of what Andre says about them, and if there's anyone would bigs up the size of acts they like it's Andre.

Am gonna go back to predicting chance to slot in because it can't stay as shite as it currently is, can it? Eminem and Giggs probably satisfy their token hip-hop appearance on the main stage, mind.

I can't see them being lower than fifth. Their last tour was completely sold out by the time it rolled around, including Brixton.