2017 festival

kaosmark2

I'll probably end up going for this:

Friday: The Amazons -> Mallory Knox -> Rat Boy -> The Big Moon -> Circa Waves -> TDCC -> Jagwar Ma? ->  Kasabian

Saturday: Blaenavon? -> Tigercub? -> Tom Misch -> Frank Carter -> Sundara Karma? -> Loyle Carner -> Everything Everything -> Glass Animals -> Eminem

Sunday: Vant -> Pond? -> The Sherlocks? ->  Phantogram? -> Gnarwolves? -> Breaking Benjamin? -> Muse

If its got a question mark next to it, then whether or not I see them depends on whether I can be bothered to leave the campsite because I'm not that bothered about them lol.

Yeah, I'm having a lot of trouble finding anything worth leaving the campsite for on the Sunday. 

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Breaking Benjamin aren't really that much better than any of the other ones of those bands who were played on every WWF/WWE montage video on Youtube 10 years ago. The only difference is that Breaking Benjamin have never come to the UK other than this year and last year. It's a crazy booking and not a bad one based on how rarely they come over, but they're really nothing special at all. 

14 minutes ago, Hawky said:

Turns out my cycle was correct... A lot of people on social media retracting their calls for Melvin's head, and its perked up on here since this morning. 

Yeah cos it's the stage-filling announcement that always goes down well so people know that there's plenty to pad out their day, usually. The difference this time was that we had the Liam Gallagher news when usually the disappointing subs are announced before this point, so had a bit of both reactions. Don't even get why his name was held back to be honest; might be understandable if there was a song or album announcement but that's still not happened.

Edited by dentalplan

The best part of this is that Reading don't have Rise Against by the looks of it. JEW and Liam for me are the best bookings. I find it funny how no information on the various websites bar Reading have pointed out Liam exclusive and just that it's his first confirmed show in the UK.

Friday- VANT- Fickle Friends- Sherlocks- (Milky Chance) or (architects)- Wiley- (Mura Masa) or (Blossoms)- The Hunna (guilty pleasure sorry)

Saturday- Magic Gang- Watsky- Declan McKenna- Circa Waves- Two Door- Bastille- Kasabian

Sunday- Japanese House- Marmozets- Sundara Karma- Eminem

Very much debating whether to go or not with the Sunday being SO DEAD. Very impressed with the Saturday as it seems acts and stages seem to have some correlation but whoever's idea it was to have Korn-> major lazer-> Eminem and Architects-> Giggs -> Blossoms really shouldn't be involved with planning really poor!

10 minutes ago, MIchael_scarn said:

Friday- VANT- Fickle Friends- Sherlocks- (Milky Chance) or (architects)- Wiley- (Mura Masa) or (Blossoms)- The Hunna (guilty pleasure sorry)

Saturday- Magic Gang- Watsky- Declan McKenna- Circa Waves- Two Door- Bastille- Kasabian

Sunday- Japanese House- Marmozets- Sundara Karma- Eminem

Very much debating whether to go or not with the Sunday being SO DEAD. Very impressed with the Saturday as it seems acts and stages seem to have some correlation but whoever's idea it was to have Korn-> major lazer-> Eminem and Architects-> Giggs -> Blossoms really shouldn't be involved with planning really poor!

On the Sunday check out Blaenavon, Inheaven and Everything Everything 

The smaller bands really make this line up for me, because it has to be said that the top 12 slots across Main Stage and NME are lacking. I'll probably see a lot of them though, just don't think they should all be that high. 

For me I'm interested in the following (a lot won't be seen due to clashes or me being too lazy to move around)

Friday - Bastille, Circa Waves, Declan McKenna, Fatboy Slim, Judas, Kasabian, Louis Berry, Oh Wonder, The Amazons, The Big Moon (really good album out today), The Magic Gang, Two Door Cinema Club

Saturday - Becky Hill, Black Honey, Blaenavon (another good album out today), Cabbage, Eminem, Everything Everything, Glass Animals, Inheaven, Major Lazer, Sundara Karma

Sunday - Blossoms, Haim, Liam Gallagher, Milky Chance, Muse, Ten Tonnes, The Hunna, The Sherlocks, Tom Grennan, VANT, Will Joseph Cook

So more than enough to keep me going!

Edited by Diamond24

28 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

The best part of this is that Reading don't have Rise Against by the looks of it. JEW and Liam for me are the best bookings. I find it funny how no information on the various websites bar Reading have pointed out Liam exclusive and just that it's his first confirmed show in the UK.

The media are probably getting as sick of being fed this fake 'exclusive tag' bullshit as we are. 

according to that leeds clashfinder i'd do something like 

Fickle Friends > Pond > Giggs > Blossoms > Wiley > Muse

Deap Valley > The Magic Gang > The Orwells > Declan McKenna > The Big Moon > Two Door Cinema Club > Bastille > Danny Brown

Honeyblood > Blaenavon > Cabbage > Tom Misch  > Marmozets > Frank Carter & the Rattlesnakes > Sundara Karma > Goldie > Glass Animals > Eminem

Based on the preliminary Leeds clashfinder...

Friday: Vant > Slotface > Pond > Giggs > Pwr Bttm > Liam Gallagher > Muse

Saturday: Deap Valley > The Amazons > The Orwells > Circa Waves > Jimmy Eat World > Two Door Cinema Club > Kasabian

Sunday: Honeyblood > Moose Blood > Inheaven > Cabbage > Marmozets > At the Drive-In > Korn > Grouplove > Eminem

6 minutes ago, Zac Quinn said:

The media are probably getting as sick of being fed this fake 'exclusive tag' bullshit as we are. 

True! I've refrained from the it's shit because I actually think it's aimed at base will likely enjoy a lot of it. I'm considering Leeds Sunday with about 4 I'd see but that could get down the 3 and then it's not worth it. Saturday I'm stuck on Bear's Den and JEW, I've seen Kasabian twice now and Billy Talent are kind of past for me. Liam, Ash and LTJ is okay but Liam and LTJ could be covered with others at Slam Dunk.

For me it's actually got the edge over last year as I wouldn't have made an effort for Leeds Saturday at all.

42 minutes ago, VCK said:

For what it's worth I think Liam is a good booking. Wouldn't have had him down to sub purely because he's not even released his debut yet but he's the biggest name to sub since Pulp.

He is a good booking but still too high and only because of the Oasis stuff. I disagree with your biggest name to sub too, SOAD in 2013 and personally Paramore in 2012...they were big enough to headline and came over to sub as an exclusive. We can't just be using it as him as then we'd be classing him as a bigger booking than a couple of the actual headliners due to his content. Also Pulp co-headlined.

9 minutes ago, conroy17 said:

I had to highlight this.

Where someone thinks that Don Broco or Disturbed could co-headline Reading I don't know!

7 minutes ago, lightning1000 said:

No enter shikari or frank turner? Hmmm that's surprising. 

looking at it, the muse day is atrocious, the kasabian day is average and the Eminem day easily has the most for me to see. Might get a day ticket for that one. Again, genuinely don't know half the bands of the main stage. 

You being in Bradford is easily to get one for Leeds but 2.5 hours drive to there for me is less appealing and if Saturday I'd need a drink for like ML and I'd be driving.

Edited by thewayiam

Ah yeah, forgot about SOAD. But really he's an even bigger name than either them or Pulp.

Paramore weren't quite at the level they are now in 2012. No new material since their 2010 appearance.

EDIT: Fuck all y'all for downvoting me on my last post.

Edited by VCK

2 minutes ago, VCK said:

Ah yeah, forgot about SOAD. But really he's an even bigger name than either them or Pulp.

Paramore weren't quite at the level they are now in 2012. No new material since their 2010 appearance.

In no way is Liam bloody Gallagher anywhere close to being as big as System Of A Down. 

Just now, Andre91 said:

In no way is Liam bloody Gallagher anywhere close to being as big as System Of A Down. 

In terms of being a household name, he's in a different stratosphere to them.

Love them or hate them, but Oasis were a phenomenon. The closest we've had to something like that since was Arctic Monkeys.