2017 festival

kaosmark2

3 minutes ago, JonSnow said:

Handing out a sub headline spot to somebody who has released an impressive total of 0 albums?

Well that - was f*cking dreadful

Ay also surely it'd have made more sense to stick him on Kasabian day, if you had to book him that high. Doubt as many Muse fans are interested in him.

Edited by Zac Quinn

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After that announcement it wouldn't surprise me if Daniel Beddingfield subbed next year with his 'comeback hype'. They hype absolutely anything up now and even the mid-size festivals have line ups as big, minus the three headliners. Drones was terrible and Muse have toured the hell out of it too. I'm lost for words.

Edited by GodlikeYeezus

The year is 2065.

Half the human race has been wiped out by nuclear holocaust.

Where civilisation once stood is now a smoldering mess of the ashes of cities.

All technology has been destroyed, and what remains of the human race has regressed into primitive culture.

Jimmy Eat World have been booked to play a late afternoon slot on the Main Stage at Reading and Leeds.

2 minutes ago, Stuielooie said:

God thats a terrible lineup.

Blossoms third down? I do like them but I don't think thats very deserved with 1 album of "Not too bad" songs... I literally saw them last August with 20 other people at a 7pm show in Kingston...

Reminds me of The Vaccines booking in 2012. A current hype band being given a high Main Stage slot.

2 minutes ago, GodlikeYeezus said:

After that announcement it wouldn't surprise me if Daniel Beddingfield subbed next year with his 'comeback hype'. They hype absolutely anything up now and even the mid-size festivals have line ups as big, minus the three headliners. Drones was terrible and Muse have toured the hell out of it too. I'm lost for words.

At least over the last few years they've maintained trying to pretend they aren't taking their attendees for granted, this year they've just given up and stuck literally any old shite on 

1 hour ago, Zac Quinn said:

At least over the last few years they've maintained trying to pretend they aren't taking their attendees for granted, this year they've just given up and stuck literally any old shite on 

The best thing about the announcement is the Twitter reaction from the 'target audience'. Absolutely class I recommend you all have a browse.

2 minutes ago, VCK said:

Not a great line-up, but then there hasn't been a line-up which has impressed me since about 2010 or 2011.

I don't think anything beats 2010 though for the past 8-10 years, if Slipknot hasn't pulled 2008 it might have been but I'm not a huge Metallica or Rage fan, 2009 was great on paper but Arctics were shit after Prodigy with poor sound and Caleb produced the KOL downfall and went all guitar smashing etc.

I did tell people though that Blossoms would be 3rd down and I don't think at this stage that the two to be added will be above them, fair enough there was also a hint at HAIM subbing which was too far but given Liam wouldn't be shocked. I feel this is going to be one of those though where Sunday sells enough tickets and then Liam is randomly released from his 'exclusive' tag, not 100% sure who all the exclusive one's are but I know Kasabian and ML are.

There might be enough for me to get a Friday ticket. Kasabian, Two Door Cinema Club, Jimmy Eat World, Idles, The Amazons is a start, but I'll have to give the lineup more thorough listen as there's a lot I don't know. 

I'll probably try and grab a Saturday ticket really close to the festival since I'm local to Reading - £5 train journey away. Keen on: Flume, Korn, At The Drive-In, Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes, Marmozets, PVRIS, The Pretty Reckless.

I can't explain the Sunday. Liam Gallagher subbing? Blossoms third? I reckon that Lock-Up headliner is Rise Against.

There's a far better and stronger Reading lineup hidden inside the Glastonbury lineup than the actual Reading lineup:

Radiohead / Alt-J / Courteeners / Run The Jewels

Foo Fighters / Major Lazer / Stormzy / Metronomy

Biffy Clyro / Boy Better Know / Royal Blood / Haim

Absolutely dire. But will probably sell out weekend tickets for people wanting to see Eminem :/

1 minute ago, Zac Quinn said:

The Vaccines were at least promoting a second album in 2012, not their debut 

That's a fair point. I was more confused about the Bombay Bicycle Club booking that year too. The Vaccines were pretty much the darlings of the NME back in 2011/2012, but then I suppose Blossoms are now.

Razorlight way back in 2005 were booked to play 3rd on the strength of one album. That guy traded on the fact he was once a member of The Libertines.

Just now, thewayiam said:

I don't think anything beats 2010 though for the past 8-10 years, if Slipknot hasn't pulled 2008 it might have been but I'm not a huge Metallica or Rage fan, 2009 was great on paper but Arctics were shit after Prodigy with poor sound and Caleb produced the KOL downfall and went all guitar smashing etc.

I did tell people though that Blossoms would be 3rd down and I don't think at this stage that the two to be added will be above them, fair enough there was also a hint at HAIM subbing which was too far but given Liam wouldn't be shocked. I feel this is going to be one of those though where Sunday sells enough tickets and then Liam is randomly released from his 'exclusive' tag, not 100% sure who all the exclusive one's are but I know Kasabian and ML are.

Actually, to be fair 2015 was a pretty good line-up, but it seemed to just be a rehash of 2010. The Libertines day was almost identical.

Liam isn't even a bad booking. I wouldn't have had him down to sub but if he's going to be playing Oasis classics then he'll probably go down a lot better than some of the subs they've had in recent years.

2 minutes ago, Obiginnaw said:

Might be holding on to false hope but there's only 7 acts on main stage Sunday , whereas Friday and Saturday both have 9- did reading explicitly say that LG was subbing?

If he gets pushed down to 3rd that will be how they'll get out of exclusive easier, not sure I see it though with the cost of Muse. 

2 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

I can't explain the Sunday. Liam Gallagher subbing? Blossoms third? I reckon that Lock-Up headliner is Rise Against.

Rise Against don't have a reason to be left of though is the thing and they aren't going to announce tour dates now.....unless they are and chose that instead. That would be announced bit shit but it would still not pull me.

Just now, Zac Quinn said:

Both of them are playing other fests in the UK So nah 

That was my point haha

2 minutes ago, Zac Quinn said:

The Vaccines were at least promoting a second album in 2012, not their debut 

And Foals were on their 3rd album when they played third down.

Blossoms played 6th down NME last year, did a secret set where 100 people turned up to as well...

Oh well, not sure what I wanted to expect from this announcement, but it definitely wasn't this