2017 festival

kaosmark2

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

Maybe. It might just (hopefully) mean there's an act above that's not someone who their readership cares about, heavier rock band of sorts I guess. They did something like a couple of months ago when they mentioned everyone but Jimmy Eat World and The Amity Affliction or something.

According to someone who's seen the press release, liam is the biggest name there. 

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, AdamJansson88 said:

Tbf to them, Liam Gallagher (whose already said he'll do oasis songs) on a festival exclusive is quite a good booking

Not when it turns out to not be a festival exclusive which, if info somebody over on the Glasto forum has had is true, seems to be the case. I think how good of a booking it is will depend on how high they stick him on the lineup.

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

Not when it turns out to not be a festival exclusive which, if info somebody over on the Glasto forum has had is true, seems to be the case. I think how good of a booking it is will depend on how high they stick him on the lineup.

Personally I'd love to see him up against eminem on the NME, but that's just because I'm not that interested in eminem, I think 3rd/4th on main or NME sub is reasonable

5 minutes ago, Huckleberry Finn said:

Wouldn't put it past them. Sub or NME headliner for me. Ego would not accept anything less.

It's Noel who has the oversized ego. Liam probably would accept something lesser than sub, going by the slots at festivals, and venues, he played with Beady Eye.

Blossoms 3rd? Mind you, I was also surprised to see Imagine Dragons, Foals, Bombay Bicycle Club, The Vaccines and The National booked for that slot.

Also surprised to see Liam subbing but I guess he's there on reputation.

Also, what's with the font for the lower stages? Looks like MS Paint.

Edited by VCK

27 minutes ago, AdamJansson88 said:

He's playing much lower slots at the European festivals he's doing so surely they wouldn't be stupid enough to put him as sub

25 minutes ago, VCK said:

It's Noel who has the oversized ego. Liam probably would accept something lesser than sub, going by the slots at festivals, and venues, he played with Beady Eye.

Hate to say I told you so.

I love Muse and Architects but that whole day might go down as the worst line up day in history. It's SO weak. Definitely not going.

Best day for me would be the Friday but not enough to make me grab a ticket. Like the guy a few above, Victorious and Slam Dunk it is!

Edited by LazyDavid