2017 festival

kaosmark2

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, VCK said:

I still think that the fact they're free on the Friday and Sunday of R&L weekend is very telling.

I'm going to be disappointed when this doesn't happen now! Muse, The Prodigy, Run The Jewels - yes please. 

13 minutes ago, MIchael_scarn said:

Anyone reckon Jamie T is in with a shout?

I think he's exclusive at Bestial. Although, IIRC there was some dispute about the extent of this, their turn of phrase was pretty unclear. 

4 hours ago, JSmurphy said:

I'm going to be disappointed when this doesn't happen now! Muse, The Prodigy, Run The Jewels - yes please. 

I think he's exclusive at Bestial. Although, IIRC there was some dispute about the extent of this, their turn of phrase was pretty unclear. 

You most likely are, the reason for the Prodigy omission might be a lack of slot they went offered?, I know an arena tour last time took ages to sell and to my mine didn't sell all that....even the academy tour took ages, they just tour a lot I think and get to the point of sometimes close 2.5/3 years touring is exhaustion, plus their last album was OK but far from the best.

I think these days we have to take any exclusive as only one at the time, you can't discount Glastonbury and that's something I'd expect to happen tbh....not that I'm in need for it.

Anybody know what time this announcement is on? 

Nick Grimshaw (Blurrghh) is with Harry Styles tomorrow morning from 8-10 and it's a pre recorded show. If it's getting radio coverage, it's going to either be between 07:00 - 08:00 or I suppose any other time of the day ... This post was useless.

15 minutes ago, Hawky said:

Nick Grimshaw (Blurrghh) is with Harry Styles tomorrow morning from 8-10 and it's a pre recorded show. If it's getting radio coverage, it's going to either be between 07:00 - 08:00 or I suppose any other time of the day ... This post was useless.

[SARCASM]

Yes, I've heard that Harry Styles is subbing muse.....................

[/SARCASM]

42 minutes ago, Hawky said:

The Sound Lab tweeted that it'd be 10 am, not sure how credible that is, however. 

I hope I'm wrong, but with stage splits etc being announced tomorrow and the hunna rather surprisingly playing the festival republic tent again.... could this post suggest they are headlining the stage (the pic is from reading as well I think) ?? 

IMG_1233.PNG

Edited by juglando

Not impossible but I doubt it. I'd be surprised if a band on the rise hyped up the fact that a festival that's already announced them is placing them as a headliner of the smallest stage they could realistically play. Probably just a generic festival shot and they're being added to some other line up.

From The Sun's showbiz column (trust me I only look on there on announcement eve)

FANS of grumpy, washed-up rockers will be delighted.

LIAM GALLAGHER will play his only UK festival this year at the Reading and Leeds event in August.

So despite the rumours, he will not be involved at Glasto, where his now-defunct band BEADY EYE did a surprise set four years ago.

While his old band OASIS would have been R&L headliners, Liam will be lower down on the bill as he attempts to claw back his career.

KASABIAN, MUSE and EMINEM are all headlining.

Other acts added to the bill include ANNE-MARIE, GOLDIE, STEFFLON DON and THE MAGIC GANG.

But don’t be surprised if Liam still drops out.

I told last week how he let down fans after pulling out of what was meant to be his first solo gig, a charity show at London’s Bush Hall.

For some reason I suspect there’s plenty more disappointment in store.

Edited by dentalplan

2 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

From The Sun's showbiz column (trust me I only look on there on announcement eve)

FANS of grumpy, washed-up rockers will be delighted.

LIAM GALLAGHER will play his only UK festival this year at the Reading and Leeds event in August.

So despite the rumours, he will not be involved at Glasto, where his now-defunct band BEADY EYE did a surprise set four years ago.

While his old band OASIS would have been R&L headliners, Liam will be lower down on the bill as he attempts to claw back his career.

KASABIAN, MUSE and EMINEM are all headlining.

Other acts added to the bill include ANNE-MARIE, GOLDIE, STEFFLON DON and THE MAGIC GANG.

But don’t be surprised if Liam still drops out.

I told last week how he let down fans after pulling out of what was meant to be his first solo gig, a charity show at London’s Bush Hall.

For some reason I suspect there’s plenty more disappointment in store.

How underwhelming

4 minutes ago, pepesilvia said:

Obviously writers at The Sun have plenty to say about Liam. :lol:

Yeah it's stupid but it's the Showbiz editor's roundup column so I'm not really surprised.

Just now, pepesilvia said:

Third down at the absolute most surely?! Him subbing is terrifying but also utterly believable.

Maybe. It might just (hopefully) mean there's an act above that's not someone who their readership cares about, heavier rock band of sorts I guess. They did something like a couple of months ago when they mentioned everyone but Jimmy Eat World and The Amity Affliction or something.