2017 festival

kaosmark2

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Jacksamthompson said:

I hate this bull about exclusives. so many loop holes / lies. If say, I was a huge major lazer fan based in somerset and I bought my Reading ticket on the promise it was an exclusive, i would be fuming. 

Yeah it's stupid, although I don't like them the same with Disclosure/Foals last year. It's clear Reading and a couple of others are having an issue getting exclusives now and it's really only until certain ticket sales, FR knowing Eminem will sell.

Just now, thewayiam said:

Yeah it's stupid, although I don't like them the same with Disclosure/Foals last year. It's clear Reading and a couple of others are having an issue getting exclusives now and it's really only until certain ticket sales, FR knowing Eminem will sell.

Which is why it makes even less sense with Major Lazer. They knew that day would sell out no issues but they still lied about ML being exclusive?!?!? It's so silly

It's not like Glastonbury tickets are cheap or easy to get for that Somerset based Major Lazer fan and what they'd have now is a guarantee of seeing them.

It's worlds apart from if, say, there was somebody up in Glasgow that has booked a day ticket and trains and all that to Leeds to see Kasabian exclusively only to find out they were playing Glasgow Green.

It's also fantastic that on the reading website in the news section still has both Major Lazer and Kasabian as UK Festival exclusives

Our next act are the number 1 smashing, dancehall-rejuvinating trio Major Lazer, who are playing R&L as a UK festival exclusive. 

http://www.readingfestival.com/news/muse-are-your-first-randl17-headliners-plus-major-lazer-bastille-architects-and-more

With their sixth studio album set for release this spring, rock juggernauts Kasabian will be joining us at #RandL17 for a UK Festival Exclusive.

http://www.readingfestival.com/news/kasabian-are-your-second-randl17-headliners-plus-fatboy-slim-two-door-cinema-club-jimmy-eat

Could atleast try and cover it up on the news articles and not just the posters!

6 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Major Lazer were in the first announcement so they were probably booked for R&L before being booked for Glastonbury

so they probably were an exclusive at the time of their booking

Or FR did what a lot of festivals seem to do and used Glastonbury's late lineup announcement to their advantage for a couple of months. I doubt Major Lazer were booked for Glastonbury any later than when they were announced for this, and there are other notable ones on G's lineup too (Green Man's exclusive claim on Future Islands for example, which seems far less impressive of a booking now that they're not an exclusive).

2 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Or FR did what a lot of festivals seem to do and used Glastonbury's late lineup announcement to their advantage for a couple of months. I doubt Major Lazer were booked for Glastonbury any later than when they were announced for this, and there are other notable ones on G's lineup too (Green Man's exclusive claim on Future Islands for example, which seems far less impressive of a booking now that they're not an exclusive).

I think they are all having trouble stopping them wanting to play Glastonbury so as you say they have a clause that stops their announcements being until the poster thus makes it a LOT smaller chance of a ticket.