2017 festival

kaosmark2

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was watching MTV because they had a show for some of the acts for R+L 2017 and Lower Than Atlantis were played.

I dunno if i'm reading into it too much and I don't think MTV have inside knowledge we are unaware of but they've played 4 of the last 5 years and released a new album last month so I feel they're definitely in with a shout of playing again this year.

On 18/03/2017 at 10:37 AM, Beef101 said:

Just generally intrigued but if everyone could choose one act for each stage who would they want?

Personally I'd say:

Main Stage: Royal Blood

NME: The Kooks/ Kaiser Chiefs

Dance: Wilkinson

Pit: Rise Against

Festival Republic: Watsky

1xtra: Joey badass

In no way am I expecting all these to be announced but it's who i'd be happy with,

What's everyone else hoping for?

Watsky would be awsome!! Kaiser Chiefs would be good too, I saw them earlier this month and were a lot better than i thought they'd be, prefer their older stuff though. The likelihood is that them or the kooks would take a main stage slot i think. NME should be expecting someone like RTJ, Chance or London Grammar to headline their stage. 

On 18/03/2017 at 10:37 AM, Beef101 said:

Just generally intrigued but if everyone could choose one act for each stage who would they want?

Tame Impala
King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard
MGMT
Gojira
Death Grips
Post Malone

Edited by JSmurphy

21 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

Tame Impala
King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard
MGMT
Gojira
Death Grips
Post Malone

For me,

Jamie T/ Courteeners/ Chance/Skepta 

Sticky Fingers/ kooks

T Q D

Rise Against

Declan McKenna 

Earl Sweatshirt/ Vince Staples

KG&TLW, MGMT and post malone would all be great additions though

Chance The Rapper is headlining Lollapalooza alongside Muse, Arcade Fire and The Killers.

Don't get me wrong, I like him, Colouring Book was good, but there is no way on earth he is in the same category as those in terms of size. That's crazy. Idk if that counts him out of R+L or not but if he ends up playing will it affect his position? Could he end up subbing rather than third down/NME?

3 minutes ago, thelemon said:

Chance The Rapper is headlining Lollapalooza alongside Muse, Arcade Fire and The Killers.

Don't get me wrong, I like him, Colouring Book was good, but there is no way on earth he is in the same category as those in terms of size. That's crazy. Idk if that counts him out of R+L or not but if he ends up playing will it affect his position? Could he end up subbing rather than third down/NME?

It doesn't affect his position. He's already not headlining some festivals over in Europe.

But it's not really crazy either. He's headlining a bunch of other US festivals so it's fair, and being a Chicago native who does a lot for the community if there's anywhere he deserves to be headlining it's there. In fact, he's actually considered the no. 1 act on the line up, as in America they have this weird thing where acts are placed in a rank order and agents will bicker with promoters to get their act a higher ranking. There would be devastating scenes on here if that was the case in the UK and we were constantly locked in arguments about whether someone is a second line act or a third line act.

But yeah, back to what you were saying about the size of those acts; festivals stateside are doing really well at moving newer and current acts into headline positions and I feel like it's even getting to a point where acts like Muse and The Killers and Blink are sticking out like a sore thumb amongst the billed acts. I think the tide is changing for festival headliners in some places.

15 hours ago, thelemon said:

He is from Chicago so I guess that counts for something 

Edited by Nicklord

1 minute ago, FestivalPanda99 said:

BMTH to play a secret set in preparation for (co)headline next year, and Oli to perform Silence Speaks with While She Sleeps?

Tbh was my thoughts too, would love to see him perform that live

26 minutes ago, FestivalPanda99 said:

Can't say I'm a huge fan of it, for me Brainwashed has been their best album, and I'm not too sure about the direction of this new album. Will always buy a ticket to see the guys though, incredible live.

Seeing them for the second time on their upcoming time, the first time was unbelievable and they had to end it early because of a stage invasion, they're unreal live