2017 festival

kaosmark2

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What acts are rumoured to be subbing Muse?

Not that I want to see them or know what there schedules are but are The XX or Alt-J in with a chance? Maybe even the Deftones but I guess they have a tour to sell first. Oh god please tell me there's some solid evidence that it wont be 30STM

27 minutes ago, Paris said:

Not that I want to see them or know what there schedules are but are The XX or Alt-J in with a chance? Maybe even the Deftones but I guess they have a tour to sell first. Oh god please tell me there's some solid evidence that it wont be 30STM

I know its overly hopeful but I'd love it to be Royal Blood so much. They looked amazing in 2015, and they'd be absolutely brilliant to go just before Muse and it would completely make up for what's looking like what is otherwise the weakest undercard by a long shot. Its not impossible though. Only reason I could think of that they wouldn't have been announced already (if they were going) is because they're going to announce some tour dates once the album releases that they want to sell out before announcing any major UK festivals.

I'd be happy with alt-j as well but that's also pretty wishful.

The other suggestions I've seen really wouldn't do it for me, Chance and Skepta seem to have been mentioned on here a lot but personally I don't see them subbing, especially not just before muse. NME tent for them could be a shout though. 

But yeah, please don't be 30STM.

Just generally intrigued but if everyone could choose one act for each stage who would they want?

Personally I'd say:

Main Stage: Royal Blood

NME: The Kooks/ Kaiser Chiefs

Dance: Wilkinson

Pit: Rise Against

Festival Republic: Watsky

1xtra: Joey badass

In no way am I expecting all these to be announced but it's who i'd be happy with,

What's everyone else hoping for?

15 hours ago, Paris said:

I think the general consensus is that that sub presumably missing on Sunday must have been held back to help boost sales of another fest - most likely either Skepta or Chance The Rapper (Wireless). The xx, alt-J, Royal Blood, Tame Impala and Thirty Seconds to Mars have all been suggested too but it's not clear exactly why these names would have been held back. 

2 hours ago, Beef101 said:

Just generally intrigued but if everyone could choose one act for each stage who would they want?

Personally I'd say:

Main Stage: Royal Blood

NME: The Kooks/ Kaiser Chiefs

Dance: Wilkinson

Pit: Rise Against

Festival Republic: Watsky

1xtra: Joey badass

In no way am I expecting all these to be announced but it's who i'd be happy with,

What's everyone else hoping for?

Wilkinson is pretty much impossible as he is playing SW4 and cream. That doesn't mean he couldn't do it (especially as currently only his SW4 set is down as a live one), but that would mean doing 2 shows in one day so virtually impossible.

1 hour ago, Hart Attack said:

YES PLEASE.

Not particularly confident about Offspring though! Seem have tended to avoid R&L whenever they're around in Europe toward the end of summer, so even though they are about this August some Brixton dates or something wouldn't be surprising. Breaking Benjamin slightly more likely I'd say but I reckon Rise Against will play for sure. 

3 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

Not particularly confident about Offspring though! Seem have tended to avoid R&L whenever they're around in Europe toward the end of summer, so even though they are about this August some Brixton dates or something wouldn't be surprising. Breaking Benjamin slightly more likely I'd say but I reckon Rise Against will play for sure. 

I was thinking that The Offspring should've announced their traditional 'Brixton stop in the middle of a European tour' by now. Maybe they are still to come.

15 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I was thinking that The Offspring should've announced their traditional 'Brixton stop in the middle of a European tour' by now. Maybe they are still to come.

I hope so. Where do you think they'd play? Seen predictions of them as high as 3rd down Main to as low as headlining the Lock-Up / Pit. 

50 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

I hope so. Where do you think they'd play? Seen predictions of them as high as 3rd down Main to as low as headlining the Lock-Up / Pit. 

I've no idea. I'm confident third would be too high, but at the same time they might think themselves too big for The Pit/Lock Up so maybe a slot or two lower on the main stage? I think headlining a stage would be better for them and their fans and would look good on the festival tbh.

3 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Pretty sure i saw someone on Twitter mention that songkick had emailed them an Offspring date for Manchester on the 10th August, so if true then it seemingly rules them out of R+L for another year.

Guess that they probably request a higher slot than R&L are willing to give them as they are always around in August.

There are a few bands from Frequency festival that are also playing R&L so I'm hoping for Placebo subbing Muse. I'm not sure what the chance is what with them playing Latitude/arriving back in Europe mid August but you never know.

Muse day is very very weak in my opinion and all the main rumours (XX, Alt J, 30STM) are really unappealing. I personally need someone better in order to justify the money I spent on a weekend ticket

10 minutes ago, Paris said:

There are a few bands from Frequency festival that are also playing R&L so I'm hoping for Placebo subbing Muse. I'm not sure what the chance is what with them playing Latitude/arriving back in Europe mid August but you never know.

Muse day is very very weak in my opinion and all the main rumours (XX, Alt J, 30STM) are really unappealing. I personally need someone better in order to justify the money I spent on a weekend ticket

Placebo UK exclusive at Latitude. 

1 hour ago, Little Sparrow said:

Pretty sure i saw someone on Twitter mention that songkick had emailed them an Offspring date for Manchester on the 10th August, so if true then it seemingly rules them out of R+L for another year.

Guess that they probably request a higher slot than R&L are willing to give them as they are always around in August.

Hmm just looked that up and it says Sublime With Rome as well, which is the US tour but not the UK one so it must have been done in error. Or I should think so, otherwise Offspring are completely underselling themselves. :lol: But there is probably still a fair chance their own UK shows will turn up and they won't be doing R+L.

11 minutes ago, Paris said:

Even if the main stage is rubbs, by the time they announce who's on before Muse there should be plenty filling out the smaller stages that you might wanna see anyway. Wouldn't sweat it.

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

The xx can only do Kasabian day to fit around Rock en Seine, and there doesn't look to be space for them on that day's bill so they won't be there.

Damn I've never heard of that fest before. Also means that Cypress Hill can't be on the sunday (iirc someone suggested that they might be on the sunday).

Also rules out Franz Ferdinand as they are playing there and at Victorious