2017 festival

kaosmark2

5 minutes ago, foolee said:

I think Rivers twitter just tweets random Weezer fan tweets so I wouldn't look too much into that.

Yeah I missed it last time due to the dates being rubbish for me to get too however I can't miss this tour as I don't know when they'll next be back to the U.K as they like to avoid it.

I think they must feel there is demand to sell it after selling out Brixton fairly quickly.

Yeah I missed out last time! I seriously need to see them live again, not seen them live since they played Reading 96 and they've released so many albums since then lol

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, JSmurphy said:

Weezer and Metallica announcing UK shows on the same morning. COOL

Also means a strain on the bank account or choosing between them, obviously Weezer wins because you never know when they're going to tour in England again and the fact that I'm leaving my job next week and going travelling. Talk about perfect timing...

Just now, foolee said:

Also means a strain on the bank account or choosing between them, obviously Weezer wins because you never know when they're going to tour in England again and the fact that I'm leaving my job next week and going travelling. Talk about perfect timing...

Yeah Weezer tickets are needed for sure. Was actually chatting to a friend the other day about how much we regretted missing out on Brixton tickets after Say It Ain't So came on the radio in his car, so the timing of this is perfect. Metallica will be pricey but only seen them once (and outdoors) so can't really turn that down.

Kvelertak supporting Metallica is ace. Not enough to justify me buying a ticket but that'll be great for those who go. Hopefully the crowd are responsive.

Apparently 'a very special guest' to be supporting Weezer. I know bands always say this kind of stuff but considering the size of the venues they're playing (or Wembley at least) I'd expect something pretty good.

edit: fuck me £90+ for Metallica at London. That makes me giving it a miss a bit easier.

Edited by FloorFiller

When the support acts are of a significant size they announce them off the bat tho, right?

Don't think Weezer will struggle with Wembley to be honest. A lot of people were gutted to miss out last time, and I bet all the people that went to last year's shows will be going to see them again too.

2 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

When the support acts are of a significant size they announce them off the bat tho, right?

Don't think Weezer will struggle with Wembley to be honest. A lot of people were gutted to miss out last time, and I bet all the people that went to last year's shows will be going to see them again too.

Aye tbh I imagine a special guest at a Weezer show is only gonna be some pop/punk act or similar that I have little to no interest in anyway.

Prices are up for the Manchester date - £45 before fees. Hmm, I'll probably see how I'm feeling on ticket release morning.

2 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Kvelertak supporting Metallica is ace. Not enough to justify me buying a ticket but that'll be great for those who go. Hopefully the crowd are responsive.

Apparently 'a very special guest' to be supporting Weezer. I know bands always say this kind of stuff but considering the size of the venues they're playing (or Wembley at least) I'd expect something pretty good.

edit: fuck me £90+ for Metallica at London. That makes me giving it a miss a bit easier.

How do you find ticket prices?

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

Aye tbh I imagine a special guest at a Weezer show is only gonna be some pop/punk act or similar that I have little to no interest in anyway.

Prices are up for the Manchester date - £45 before fees. Hmm, I'll probably see how I'm feeling on ticket release morning.

London Brixton was more last time so that's not the worst. This is how they stay in demand by rarity.

I mean...

C7EQySCXEAIvfu4.jpg:large

I mean...

1. Ill Ray (The King)
2. You're In Love With a Psycho
3. Twentyfourseven
4. Good Fight
5. Wasted
6. Comeback Kid
7. The Party Never Ends
8. Are You Looking for Action?
9. All Through the Night
10. Sixteen Blocks
11. Bless This Acid House
12. Put Your Life On It

Kasabian's Drones confirmed?

Just now, JSmurphy said:

Comeback Kid is okay. If you've played Fifa 17 for any significant length of time you would have heard it all over the menus and such. 

I have not. But I'm listening to the new track and it's alright; way more indie pop than they've ever been - pretty disco even. So yeah I was hoping for too much by writing it off as Drones. I guess the track names are always mad - that album art tho?!?!

23 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

TBH, Drones isn't even Muse's worst album *glares at 2nd Law and the resistance*

Honestly can't remember what those two are like or even if I listened to them in full but Drones was just jawdroppingly stupid, but hilarious all the same. That's what I was expecting from Kasabian releasing songs like "The Party Never Ends", "Are You Looking For Action?" and "God Bless This Acid House", but you'd expect the one they put out to be daft too but it's remarkably nice and pedestrian, so maybe not.

9 minutes ago, Odessa said:

Hahahaha, is that defo legit? Don't even know what to say. Absolute garbage and I rarely have an opinion either way on album artwork. Trying way too hard to be weird.

I think so. It's up on iTunes but it's so stupid that I could imagine it not turning out real. It's gonna fuck over people's reactions from the off - it did me anyway.

The (2017) bit as well... :lol:

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

I think so. It's up on iTunes but it's so stupid that I could imagine it not turning out real. It's gonna fuck over people's reactions from the off - it did me anyway.

The (2017) bit as well... :lol:

The quotation marks too. What the fuck?! Wondering if just the black bit is the album cover or something. Not that that would be much better.

3 minutes ago, Odessa said:

The quotation marks too. What the fuck?! Wondering if just the black bit is the album cover or something. Not that that would be much better.

Yeah it's just so stupid. That's why I can never hate Kasabian - I do think they've done some good stuff before but never been that attached where I'm loathe to slag them off but they're well in on the joke and play up to it. Putting that out as an album cover is hilarious.

At least they're keeping it interesting. They've always been a little bit weird, and they pull it off way better than The 1975 do, who just come across as pretentious. Think they've got a sense of humour with that cover, because it's so ugly. Thought they got their aesthetic spot on on the last record even if the music itself wasn't that great. I wouldn't be surprised if the rest of the album was a bit more electro-punk sounding, that's the vibe I get from that artwork.

The single is OK - reckon it could be a grower - but I really like the chorus, as simple as it may be. Something infectious about it.