2017 festival

kaosmark2

3 minutes ago, VCK said:

Hmm, maybe so. Thinking about that, the sub on the Muse day probably is being held back due to headlining another festival. It's a case of guessing who.

Also looking at that 2016 announcement, every band in the the top seven on each day of the Main Stage was announced, so I wonder if that's also the case this year.

I'd imagine it'll be similar. I think Sunday has both a sub and either a 4th main/NME headliner still to come, and I think Friday still has space for probably a couple more, but the majority will already be announced.

I've got it like this atm:

Kasabian / Bastille / TDCC / ??? / Circa Waves / ??? / Rat Boy

Eminem / Major Lazer / Korn / ATDI / Everything Everything / The Pretty Reckless / While She Sleeps

Muse / ??? / HAIM / Blossoms / Architects / ??? / Against the Current

A few of those could be changed, though. Everything Everything and HAIM could easily be NME, Jimmy Eat World could easily be 4th/5th Main (I've got em subbing YMAS on NME). To be honest I've become so disillusioned with R&L lineups now that I can't really be bothered to think about it properly.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Foals/Disclosure said:

He played 3rd down in 2013 and hasn't got smaller. He's done arena tours with the sleeping souls, if he is solo he will play lower

Was he third down in 2013? My bad. But he must have got smaller than when he was doing arena tours considering he's supporting an arena tour this summer.

To be fair to Frank's 'arena' tour (early 2014 if I recall), I went to the 02 date and the whole of the top tier was closed off. So it's not comparable to the Blink dates he's supporting in the summer. 

Think 4th down main/sub the NME would be his slot, but maybe he'll give it a break after 10 years on the trot? 

His last album reached number 2 in the charts, which is the highest he's charted. I'd hardly say that's a decline in popularity. He played lower slots in 2015 and 2016 but I would imagine that he chose to. If Jamie T can play 3rd I don't see why Frank can't.

12 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Seems like Reading has reacted to Andre maybe not turning up. This roughly translates to say Arcane Roots have dropped out of Open Air Granichen (25th/26th Aug) as they've been given the chance to play two major festivals in England.

Fml gonna have to get a day ticket now

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

Seems like Reading has reacted to Andre maybe not turning up. This roughly translates to say Arcane Roots have dropped out of Open Air Granichen (25th/26th Aug) as they've been given the chance to play two major festivals in England.

Brilliant :lol: not a fan of Arcane Roots, though, sadly. 

7 minutes ago, Chavmeisterdeluxe said:

Why on earth not?

I'm just indifferent to them. They're alright. That's it for me. 

Really hoping for Gnarwolves to show up at R&L with the new album coming out. Now that's a bloody brilliant little band. Been a big fan of them since the CRU EP. 

Korn have announced several support acts for their summer tour (in Americs though...)

Any of these acts good for RnL at all?

Yelawolf could definitely be a possibility now considering his album Trial By Fire is due to come out anytime soon...

Are Skillet too big to headline The Pit/Lockdown? Stone Sour would be nice to see.

IMG_2058.JPG

5 hours ago, pepesilvia said:

I think that makes a Yelawolf appearance slightly more likely, rather than people just throwing him out there due to the Eminem affiliation. Could go on the Lock Up like MGK last year if he's coming off a tour like that. 

This is why i asked the other day if Yelawolf was a possibility after Korn announced this tour Monday! I really hope Yelawolf does make an appearance!