2017 festival

kaosmark2

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

26 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Didn't even realise they weren't announced.

Also I see Peace are doing a couple of uni shows on some Topman/NME tour to debut some new material. They're a sure bet with the frequency they've played in the past. Main stage before/after Circa Waves at a guess.

FR headliner, perhaps?

2 hours ago, Andre91 said:

They said they're giving festivals a miss for a while, but imagine if Dan P Carter got Machine Head to headline The Pit. 

Also PVRIS are looking super likely now, then. Main stage Muse day would fit them nicely. 

Machine Head refuse to play festivals because they don't get long enough and don't get slots big enough in their eyes. I can't see them accepting an hour long slot of what would be a far lesser slot than they'd get at Download/Bloodstock, as well as at a festival where they'd get a much smaller crowd than at Download/Bloodstock.

10 hours ago, Hawky said:

I've read a lot of strange stuff on here before including "tent masturbation", but these comments on 'kids' at Reading and Leeds are... I cant even find a word to describe what they are haha.

We were all 16 once, and we were, most likely, going to festivals then. My first festival was Leeds 2009 I was 16 (nearly 17). I rocked up in my white trainers and a white jumper! (fashion has never been a strong point of mine) I did not expect thick mud to be everywhere, how naive i was... anyway, walking through the village i slipped and fell in a giant puddle covered myself in mud at around 12:00 <_< a roaring cheer surrounded me, I waved and embraced the fall. 2009 was a wake up call... admittedly it wasn't as much of a wake up call as Poo girl got, that year. Long live poo girl. 

I remember Leeds being fairly dry that year, apart from the Sunday.

R&L attract the younger teenagers simple because they put on a line up that appeals to the younger generation, the younger generation not neccessarily having much of a previous musical affiliation to  particularly big acts as they've only been getting in to music for 2-3 years previously, efesters being deluded, they are screwed for getting tickets to Glasto as it sold out months ago.

They'll all go, get wasted, do drugs, realise Boomtown will be a ket mandy on it £50 cheaper & actually watching The Gaslamp Killer off their nut is more fun than watching Muse from a million miles back & only knowing Drones.

I've only just recently turned 18, attending my first Reading fest last year. When I was 12/13, I used to look at all these old lineups wishing I could've experienced those particular festivals. I'm into more of the old school style of music which is why Reading can catch my eye most of the time. Once RHCP were announced last year, I used my first ever pay cheque to pay for Reading and damn it was the best experience of my life!

I don't see how people can see how having younger people at a festival are a problem TBH, most the people my age are usually just in it for the drugs, but they'd attend different festivals such as Nass and Boomtown for that, but with my group of mates just in it for the music, Reading was a top choice and I can't wait to come back this year!

7 hours ago, Pop Punk Sucks said:

Machine Head refuse to play festivals because they don't get long enough and don't get slots big enough in their eyes. I can't see them accepting an hour long slot of what would be a far lesser slot than they'd get at Download/Bloodstock, as well as at a festival where they'd get a much smaller crowd than at Download/Bloodstock.

Just offer them a 90 minute set B)

To you guys complaining about these sixteen year old's ruining your festival and act then like judgemental ***** as soon as one comments trying to integrate into your 'festival culture'. You are all hypocrites and the reasons rifts like these exist. Take everything with a pinch of salt its a festival, not your festival, not their festival but everyone's festival. So pick between the options and choose which festival is for you wisely. Some people are so pretentious they come across as idiots and that is baffling for me. Get a grip your only a name on a forum to be helpful and discuss not be prejudice and make claims about what Leeds Festival should be. To all the people reminiscing R+L as a rock festival i'd like to thank you all for being genuine people and adding to a group conversation it's nice to read all your different memories of the festival as it has changed so much.

I would like to welcome @FestivalPanda99 to the forum, he seems mature for his age and I respect you for stating your age in this particular forum.

Edited by GodlikeYeezus

42 minutes ago, GodlikeYeezus said:

I would like to welcome @FestivalPanda99 to the forum, he seems mature for his age and I respect you for stating your age in this particular forum.

Cheers mate, I appreciate it. 

Edit: apologies for double post, mobile version ://

Edited by FestivalPanda99

1 hour ago, GodlikeYeezus said:

To you guys complaining about these sixteen year old's ruining your festival and act then like judgemental ***** as soon as one comments trying to integrate into your 'festival culture'. You are all hypocrites and the reasons rifts like these exist. Take everything with a pinch of salt its a festival, not your festival, not their festival but everyone's festival. So pick between the options and choose which festival is for you wisely. Some people are so pretentious they come across as idiots and that is baffling for me. Get a grip your only a name on a forum to be helpful and discuss not be prejudice and make claims about what Leeds Festival should be. To all the people reminiscing R+L as a rock festival i'd like to thank you all for being genuine people and adding to a group conversation it's nice to read all your different memories of the festival as it has changed so much.

Agree with the sentiment but where has all that come from? Is this still about the one guy that didn't seem to enjoy dance, pop and rap being incorporated at Reading?

I was 17 when i went to Reading for the first time in 1996, i was young, naive and didn't know what to expect! I enjoyed myself watching bands like RATM, Prodigy, Weezer, The Stone Roses! I didn't go again till i was 35 in 2014 and then went last year and going again this year! I don't think it matters how young or old you are, it's the music and the atmosphere! My tastes have changed a lot since i first went, i was all about indie music then, now i want to see bands like Korn, 5FDP, Crossfaith, Hacktivist, but i love being able to go to the dance tent for Andy C, Sigma, or just randomly wander to a tent a find a new band i don't know to watch!

1 hour ago, GodlikeYeezus said:

top post mate. :)

5 hours ago, GodlikeYeezus said:

Love this post! I always expect more from the lineups and take an interest due to it being my first attended festival but like you don't believe the younger one's are ruining it for me and accept it's book for primarily that group of people.

Sorry to disrupt the eternal optimism, but I see Band of Horses have carved themselves a Reading/Leeds shaped hole with their latest European tour dates.

Would mean trips to and from mainland Europe but there is more than enough room to make it happen. To my knowledge they are not an exclusive at EOTR so guess the only question is over whether the festival would pursue this type of band.

Instinct suggests no, but worth keeping an eye on.

57 minutes ago, Huckleberry Finn said:

Sorry to disrupt the eternal optimism, but I see Band of Horses have carved themselves a Reading/Leeds shaped hole with their latest European tour dates.

Would mean trips to and from mainland Europe but there is more than enough room to make it happen. To my knowledge they are not an exclusive at EOTR so guess the only question is over whether the festival would pursue this type of band.

Instinct suggests no, but worth keeping an eye on.

They're doing that Electric Fields up in Scotland as well so that'd explain why they're not exclusive. Saw them at Leeds moons back but I don't think they'd place nowadays.

Edited by dentalplan

7 minutes ago, pepesilvia said:

Wow, Eminem day sold out already for Reading. Everyone knew it would but I didn't think it would be that quick. 

IMG_6236.PNG

I know that some people would do the whole weekend just for eminem, maybe they are opting more for saturday day tickets due to the day splits so far

19 minutes ago, Han Ford said:

I'm considering getting a Sunday day ticket now, it might be a much weaker day than Saturday but that day ticket has sold out so quickly. I suppose you'd expect Friday to be the next one to sell out though.

It depends, MUSE imo is a bigger draw than Kasabian but as we know none of the undercard for that day I'm not sure how many people will risk it.

29 minutes ago, TornShaun said:

Hopefully that means with so many watching Eminem the dance tent won't be so packed for Andy C :D

Fingers crossed, need to get up close and personal with Flume