2017 festival

kaosmark2

Kendrick was nothing like the other acts on main stage on his day either in 2015.

Chance The Rapper as sub feels pretty small to me but I dunno a lot about him. Kendrick had a number one album here on top of the critically acclaimed album that came before it when he played, and I'm not sure but I think 'i' did ok as a single too. Chance doesn't seem to have done a lot over here at all and doesn't even have an album out. As much as I dislike Bastille, to give him the same slot as them would be bizarre.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, ReeceSmith45 said:

Does anyone know when Daniel P Carter announced Mastodon for the pit last year? I know he likes to do it himself, just wondered roughly when we'd get some news this year 

Appears that it was mid April, but obviously I dunno how reliable this guy is.

21 minutes ago, Pop Punk Sucks said:

That's interesting. If AFI weren't 3rd down they'd be an ideal 3rd down on the Saturday at Download if they're not at Reading and Leeds. 

Probably Glasto. They play it every other year, tho that coincides with a new album. Guessing there's no new album if they're playing full album shows of old ones.

3 hours ago, dentalplan said:

I'm assuming Billy Talent will be the Pit (or specifically Lock Up) headliner on that night. Maybe even then they'll have some mercy and close the stage early.

You don't think they'll get mainstage? If not I'll definitely go see them :D

28 minutes ago, mozza77 said:

Any chance of Chase and Status or Frank Ocean??

Chase And Status are doing a DJ set on Sunday at Creamfields. IK Diplo and Dillon Francis is somehow doing both the same day but I can't see them doing it

Edited by Mattymooz

Just now, Mattymooz said:

You don't think they'll get mainstage? If not I'll definitely go see them :D

Chaste And Status are doing a DJ set on Sunday at Creamfields. IK Diplo and Dillon Francis is somehow doing both the same day but I can't see them doing it

I dunno. Could do either but that's where everyone was predicting them before so I would reckon so now they've been announced.

Just now, Mattymooz said:

Chaste And Status

Lmao

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

No smaller than Macklemore is lad.

He's only released free mixtapes so far but is doing well enough off of it.

Couldn't get away from Thrift Shop when that song was big. And Can't Hold Us did well too. Has Chance even got any hits? I'm not having a go at his music, just I've heard nothing from him apart from his feature on The Life Of Pablo and I feel like there's never been a subheadliner in the past where I hadn't come across any of their stuff by accident.

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

Probably Glasto. They play it every other year, tho that coincides with a new album. Guessing there's no new album if they're playing full album shows of old ones.

They said they're doing this anniversary thing as a one off celebration and then getting back to bringing out new music. They're one of the most forward thinking bands around so I trust their word. 

9 minutes ago, Odessa said:

Couldn't get away from Thrift Shop when that song was big. And Can't Hold Us did well too. Has Chance even got any hits? I'm not having a go at his music, just I've heard nothing from him apart from his feature on The Life Of Pablo and I feel like there's never been a subheadliner in the past where I hadn't come across any of their stuff by accident.

He doesn't really release singles so it's hard to say. Headlining Wireless tho, and massive in the hip hop world which R+L shines a huge spotlight on. Tbf I was predicting him third down but I don't think they're adding both a sub and a third so I'm just expecting Chance, and given his rarity and following it'd do well enough.

Just now, dentalplan said:

He doesn't really release singles so it's hard to say. Headlining Wireless tho, and massive in the hip hop world which R+L shines a huge spotlight on. Tbf I was predicting him third down but I don't think they're adding both a sub and a third so I'm just expecting Chance, and given his rarity and following it'd do well enough.

i like chance, solid choice

8 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Tbf you're prob right when you look at it from the Wireless angle. The Weeknd is an obvious sub (possibly even coheadliner) and Skepta also a bit of a push but defo a possible sub.

Edited by Odessa

Still thinking it's going to be The Prodigy that will sub to Muse. Out of all the likely contenders, they're actually confirmed to be active in the summer, and they have both the Friday and Sunday of the R&L weekend free according to their website.

On 28/02/2017 at 0:01 AM, Hawky said:

He's done two UK tours of this album too (bought my mum tickets for the second one) 

So yeah, I dont expect him to be around until he has some new material.

Speak of the devil, he's just been announced for Latitude! Never say never.

10 hours ago, VCK said:

Still thinking it's going to be The Prodigy that will sub to Muse. Out of all the likely contenders, they're actually confirmed to be active in the summer, and they have both the Friday and Sunday of the R&L weekend free according to their website.

That's not a bad shout tbh, but there is no way I can see Haim playing third if thats the case

12 hours ago, VCK said:

Why not just announce it already if so? I don't see a problem with 3 dates in a row for them, but I do a tad to plan a Zurich trip right in the middle. I'd have thought it would be the UK one's together. There is more chance of Rock N Seine in my opinion and it's been 3 years I think. 

4 hours ago, Mattymooz said:

That's not a bad shout tbh, but there is no way I can see Haim playing third if thats the case

Wouldn't surprise me if HAIM did play third, but I think 4th or 5th is more realistic.

2 hours ago, thewayiam said:

Why not just announce it already if so? I don't see a problem with 3 dates in a row for them, but I do a tad to plan a Zurich trip right in the middle. I'd have thought it would be the UK one's together. There is more chance of Rock N Seine in my opinion and it's been 3 years I think. 

Odd that they haven't announced the sub on that day in general yet.

It's not so farfetched, assuming they'll be playing the evening in Zurich. It's only a two hour flight, and Reading is just down the road from Heathrow. I'm sure there's been bands who have played Reading and Leeds in the past, who have played elsewhere in Europe on the spare day.

34 minutes ago, VCK said:

It's not so farfetched, assuming they'll be playing the evening in Zurich. It's only a two hour flight, and Reading is just down the road from Heathrow. I'm sure there's been bands who have played Reading and Leeds in the past, who have played elsewhere in Europe on the spare day.

Yeah, I remember loads of bands in 2015 including Libs playing Rock en Seine on the free Saturday, could def happen imo even though Zurich is further. 

1 hour ago, VCK said:

Odd that they haven't announced the sub on that day in general yet.

Well it's surely going to be someone they're holding back due to sales of another festival, like alt-J in 2015 when they were headlining Latitude, too. Probably Chance the Rapper or Skepta being held back to aid Wireless sales.