2017 festival

kaosmark2

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, VCK said:

I guess so, but stranger things have happened.

If it was happening then why not announce it now? There is a fest the week before which they have nothing on and regularly has dance acts headline the 2nd stage and it's been a while there too. If Ed is headlining V they could go opposite there. Makes sense for Glasto to announce Ed last too as V will want to sell well of the back of him 

Still on for Other stage Friday for me, nothing to rule it out yet.

5 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

If it was happening then why not announce it now? There is a fest the week before which they have nothing on and regularly has dance acts headline the 2nd stage and it's been a while there too. If Ed is headlining V they could go opposite there. Makes sense for Glasto to announce Ed last too as V will want to sell well of the back of him 

Still on for Other stage Friday for me, nothing to rule it out yet.

You could ask that about any of the potential subs for that day to be fair (since there's no chance of HAIM subbing, 3rd at an absolute push)

3 hours ago, Pop Punk Sucks said:

Neck Deep are surely nowhere near big enough to sub NME Stage. Twenty One Pilots and Two Door Cinema Club were booked for that slot last year. 

TDCC headlined it, but I agree Neck Deep aren't big enough. 

Whoever made that poster has put The Sherlocks on lockup lol.

14 hours ago, callum97 said:

Quickly whipped this up mixture of confirmed and predictions

RL 4.PNG

This seems very likely to be honest. In fact, when I look at it like that, it doesn't actually seem as bad as I feared, oddly!

13 hours ago, Will-2609 said:

Iggy Pop would get a crowd of about 10 people at R&L.

I doubt 30STM will be there. They're probably not gonna come over here just for these shows and there'd be no reason to hold them back. I think Skepta or Chance the Rapper will be below Muse, although Chance doesn't feel big enough to me.

Eh, I think you underestimate Iggy's pull. If it had been Iggy touring with the PPD lineup, I think there'd be quite a lot there for he novelty. Also, if they'd been exclusive UK dates, with day tickets at £60 a pop (£65 this year, am I right in thinking?), I think it could have done something a la The Cure in 2012 and see an upswell in an older generation briefly popping along for the day (there can't be much crossover in Cure and Kasabian fans, I'd wager?)

I keep trying to get a handle on how big Stormzy is to be honest. Chance would be a great shout but you're right, he feels on the weaker side, particularly if Haim are third down as expected. I'm still wagering 30STM.

51 minutes ago, DownboundTrain52 said:

This seems very likely to be honest. In fact, when I look at it like that, it doesn't actually seem as bad as I feared, oddly!

I keep trying to get a handle on how big Stormzy is to be honest. Chance would be a great shout but you're right, he feels on the weaker side, particularly if Haim are third down as expected. I'm still wagering 30STM.

Saturday just about worth a ticket but I'm not sure why 30 STM would be held back if they were playing? Absolutely so shows on sale here to hold it back etc.

It'd either a really weak sub or they are waiting for another act over here at another fest to sell 1st. Given the headliner costs and Bastille and ML a small sub for Muse wouldn't be a shock.

Along with the undercard issues which have been covered to death (I definitely won't be going to the Muse day now), I think it's a real shame that this is the first time the festival has EVER had three repeat headliners. Reading used to be bold in bumping people up, even up to last year, but now it's retreated into its comfort zone at the top of the bill and the whole festival scene suffers for that.

1 hour ago, theevilfridge said:

Along with the undercard issues which have been covered to death (I definitely won't be going to the Muse day now), I think it's a real shame that this is the first time the festival has EVER had three repeat headliners. Reading used to be bold in bumping people up, even up to last year, but now it's retreated into its comfort zone at the top of the bill and the whole festival scene suffers for that.

Nothing wrong with it imo. They've secured 3 massive headliners after having a pretty weak year last time which saw 4 co-headliners, alright Biffy could've done it alone, but still. These headliners let people know they're still booking big bands and last year was a one off. 

2 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

I need a Pit / Lock-Up announcement desperately. 

Seems like more of an after thought each year. You'd think they'd announce it earlier but I suppose they don't compete with Download so they're probably not that bothered. Could even be a conscious move to try and get people to go to Download since Reading always sells out anyway. 

10 minutes ago, Pop Punk Sucks said:

Nothing wrong with it imo. They've secured 3 massive headliners after having a pretty weak year last time which saw 4 co-headliners, alright Biffy could've done it alone, but still. These headliners let people know they're still booking big bands and last year was a one off. 

They've got 3 big headliners but fuck all to go below them lol

16 hours ago, thelemon said:

I don't normally get annoyed at one or two acts being announced that I don't like because I just think I'll just not watch them, but 30 Seconds To Mars are such a horrible, horrible band. There is literally nothing interesting about them, not a single good thing. I've heard they're pretty shite live as well.

They're not shite live. They're actually pretty good. Once. After that your Leto ego store is permanently full and any further exposure causes nausea. If he shut the fuck up and just performed it would be ok but he is incapable of that.

As for the line up, this old person is pretty happy with it. There are enough good bands to make it worthwhile. This seems to go against the general feeling on here. This really surprises me as I'm usually at the rock/metal end of the spectrum so I don't quite understand the thinking that there isn't any and the line up is "too young".

2 hours ago, thewayiam said:

Saturday just about worth a ticket but I'm not sure why 30 STM would be held back if they were playing? Absolutely so shows on sale here to hold it back etc.

It'd either a really weak sub or they are waiting for another act over here at another fest to sell 1st. Given the headliner costs and Bastille and ML a small sub for Muse wouldn't be a shock.

Perhaps so. It does seem curious, unless Leto demanded a solo announcement. His ego would match that concept.

6 minutes ago, DownboundTrain52 said:

Perhaps so. It does seem curious, unless Leto demanded a solo announcement. His ego would match that concept.

I do hope they announce 30 Seconds, so far i only wanna watch Korn, Architects, Andy C and Jimmy Eat World

Edited by TornShaun

14 minutes ago, DownboundTrain52 said:

It would but Puckelpop have announced without them playing, they aren't playing Lowlands and they aren't at Frequency. He's not coming over between two California dates to sub and go back as Lolla Berlin don't.

2 hours ago, Pop Punk Sucks said:

Was it weak? It might have been Melvin hyperbole but it was reported to be the best/fastest selling one of the decade so far. And the edition before was trumpeted to be a strong trio yet nearly swallowed Leeds up.

45 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Was it weak? It might have been Melvin hyperbole but it was reported to be the best/fastest selling one of the decade so far. And the edition before was trumpeted to be a strong trio yet nearly swallowed Leeds up.

Think they were somewhat bailed out by RHCP. Never seen it so busy for a band before.