2017 festival

kaosmark2

5 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Don't even start, Becky hill is super dope (never seen her live though so this will be interesting). She does a ton of vocals on popular dance songs (Guessing you're talking about Overdrive w/ Oliver Heldens, but she has also done Piece Of Me w/ MK and False Alarm w/ Matoma) and also now does her own stuff too (lots of production from MNEK/Shift K3y).

MK and Oliver Heldens? Jesus, at least champion some actual decent dance music :P

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Don't even start, Becky hill is super dope (never seen her live though so this will be interesting). She does a ton of vocals on popular dance songs (Guessing you're talking about Overdrive w/ Oliver Heldens, but she has also done Piece Of Me w/ MK and False Alarm w/ Matoma) and also now does her own stuff too (lots of production from MNEK/Shift K3y).

her voice is okay but some indie upstart about to take over the world she is not 

13 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Great small indie bands. At least listen to the bands announced before criticising them. One of the things I personally love about reading is finding new people to jam to (fickle friends opened the NME last year where I accidentally stumbled upon them, probably top 5 performances last year for me)

EDIT: Noisia isn't really indie or a band. They're probably subbing the dance stage

I haven't criticised anyone. I have said that I simply don't know who most of the acts are. I find this really odd as every year the lineup is full of acts who I'm a fan of, or am well aware of or have some familiarity with at the very least. That isn't the case this year. 

Unless The Pit / Lock-Up saves the day, this will be the first time since 2010 that I'm not attending Leeds. 

Edited by Andre91

Budget has clearly gone on the headliners and I don't even know half of them this year. Their seems to be less and less rock/metal acts with each year. Maybe they're trying to faze it out and make Download the only place for that type of music. It would seem strange canning the pit/lock up yet still booking acts like WSS and Korn.

If Royal Blood were playing - I can't see any reason why they wouldn't have been announced today other than an impending album / UK tour announcement that they would inevitably sell out before the next R&L announcement. 

They've been knocking out European Fests announcements for a while now.

It's made me doubtful. Still hopeful...... but doubtful.

1 minute ago, Cammers said:

If Royal Blood were playing - I can't see any reason why they wouldn't have been announced today other than an impending album / UK tour announcement that they would inevitably sell out before the next R&L announcement. 

They've been knocking out European Fests announcements for a while now.

It's made me doubtful. Still hopeful...... but doubtful.

Think it's looking more and more likely they'll be playing Glastonbury, I don't even think they've been announced for any festivals in August that I'm aware of.

43 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

What are all of these things? 

This had me in stitches 

47 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

I only know who it is because my mate's younger brother and all of his friends are massively into him and I like to wind them up by saying it's a guy with a bin on his head pressing play with some Christmas lights. 

Sold, getting a Muse day ticket just to see this beacon of talent

2 minutes ago, CRW5252 said:

It just goes to show that the festival may well be doing the best thing for business by leaning towards less rock music, sad tbh. 

They just book what's popular or what's selling tickets and has buzz. Not much rock music has buzz or is hugely popular with young people at the moment. Their main competition is Creamfields now really which is why they've got all the dance stuff out early doors the last couple of years. 

1 minute ago, Pop Punk Sucks said:

They just book what's popular or what's selling tickets and has buzz. Not much rock music has buzz or is hugely popular with young people at the moment. Their main competition is Creamfields now really which is why they've got all the dance stuff out early doors the last couple of years. 

Yeah, exactly. Although it was odd for them to book Muse and Kasabian as nether are particularly popular with young people, in fact it wouldn't surprise me if many haven't heard of them.  I giving reading a pass this year, for my taste in music their are better festivals for much better value