kaosmark2

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, pete76 said:

1st of march last year

11659400_884785924971928_6605571593881131632_n.jpg

Forgot how awful that was, this year doesn't seem so bad now. Still had Thrice, Coheed & Cambria, Milk Teeth, Good Charlotte, Frank Turner etc. to come and turn it into an almost-decent line-up in the end, hopefully the same sort of thing will happen again.

Edited by Hart Attack

25 minutes ago, Zac Quinn said:

So going by that we might potentially have an NME closer still to come, but otherwise we know of everyone playing every major slot on the top two stages. Horrendous. Can't believe they haven't booked Skepta or Stormzy, they might be holding Skepta back to help Wireless but they haven't even announced Stormzy for that either yet.. god love FR

Skepta isn't there for the same reason Shorty, Frisco, JME and Jammer aren't.

2 minutes ago, OscarEB said:

Budget DeadMau5?

I only know who it is because my mate's younger brother and all of his friends are massively into him and I like to wind them up by saying it's a guy with a bin on his head pressing play with some Christmas lights. 

Edited by Andre91

Am I the only one who really loves this announcement? Friday is a bit of a write off, but Saturday and Sunday look great, especially the smaller acts. You got people like EDEN, Phantogram, Cabbage, Becky Hill, Fickle Friends, Noisia, Tom Grennan etc. So during the day you'll probably be fine. The undercards look awful (All the subs/3rd down look awful) but during the day looks awesome.

Especially compared to the 2nd Announcement I think they didn't mess this one up anywhere near as bad (no Kaiser Chiefs!!!!) and especially compared to last year imo this looks pretty great. Admittedly, it does looke quite alternative right now, nothing really that heavy but we still have The Pit to go!

Is the rock stage/lock up on on Sunday? Have they replaced it with another dance stage? :P

Think Chano is being added sub and Stormzy NME headline on Sunday. Maybe a third or sub over Chance but that might be asking a bit much.

But again, yeah, a wildly shit announcement. The next announcement is gonna look amazing for filling out this one.

Just now, Andre91 said:

I don't know if I'm just ignorant (I like to think I'm not), but I haven't heard of so many of these acts. I have no idea who they are. 

There is eight bands I would go out of my way to see, and I've seen four of them already at least once each. 

It appears like they've announced a greater spread across stages than they used to, I'm typically not familiar with FR & 1xtra acts and I expect there's a fair few in there. Judging by Andy C's leak (which appears legit), they announced 7 Dance acts on the Friday and 6 on Sunday.

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

Is the rock stage/lock up on on Sunday? Have they replaced it with another dance stage? :P

Think Chano is being added sub and Stormzy NME headline on Sunday. Maybe a third or sub over Chance but that might be asking a bit much.

But again, yeah, a wildly shit announcement. The next announcement is gonna look amazing for filling out this one.

I actually wondered earlier if they have canned the lockup/pit after the stories of how poorly attended most bands sets were last year at Reading. Because Dan P Carter has mentioned nothing about it, and we haven't heard of any of the previously announced bands playing that stage at all. 

2 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

What are all of these things? 

Great small indie bands. At least listen to the bands announced before criticising them. One of the things I personally love about reading is finding new people to jam to (fickle friends opened the NME last year where I accidentally stumbled upon them, probably top 5 performances last year for me)

EDIT: Noisia isn't really indie or a band. They're probably subbing the dance stage

Edited by Mattymooz

1 minute ago, Mattymooz said:

Great small indie bands. At least listen to the bands announced before criticising them. One of the things I personally love about reading is finding new people to jam to (fickle friends opened the NME last year where I accidentally stumbled upon them, probably top 5 performances last year for me)

Becky Hill is not an indie band, she's a talent show reject who had one hit with a feature on a naff song three years ago 

5 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

I actually wondered earlier if they have canned the lockup/pit after the stories of how poorly attended most bands sets were last year at Reading. Because Dan P Carter has mentioned nothing about it, and we haven't heard of any of the previously announced bands playing that stage at all. 

I doubt they'd have canned it. Where there many sets that were really that poorly attended? Most of what I saw in there seemed alright. 

Just now, Zac Quinn said:

Becky Hill is not an indie band, she's a talent show reject who had one hit with a feature on a naff song three years ago 

Don't even start, Becky hill is super dope (never seen her live though so this will be interesting). She does a ton of vocals on popular dance songs (Guessing you're talking about Overdrive w/ Oliver Heldens, but she has also done Piece Of Me w/ MK and False Alarm w/ Matoma) and also now does her own stuff too (lots of production from MNEK/Shift K3y).