2017 festival

kaosmark2

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, VCK said:

People worrying about the Kaisers being announced? They've played the festival enough times and have always gone down well. I still remember them completely upstaging Kings of Leon way back in '09, who were pretty much the biggest band in the world at the time.

Yeah but they're complete fucking rubbish. Just the worst shit imaginable. 

33 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Yeah but they're complete fucking rubbish. Just the worst shit imaginable. 

At least they're fun live though, and I guess by now they'd have a "nostalgia" factor. I'd rather them play than someone from the Peace/Wolf Alice/Catfish/Swim Deep/Circa Waves nu-landfill Indie mold.

21 minutes ago, VCK said:

At least they're fun live though, and I guess by now they'd have a "nostalgia" factor. I'd rather them play than someone from the Peace/Wolf Alice/Catfish/Swim Deep/Circa Waves nu-landfill Indie mold.

Wolf Alice and Catfish are not remotely similar bands. 

1 hour ago, JSmurphy said:

Chance The Rapper isn't an exclusive at Wireless so R&L seems very likely now. Actually I don't think Skepta or The Weeknd are exclusive either.

The Weeknd would be a good sub for Eminem... but I highly doubt he'll be at Reading at all this year.

14 minutes ago, jakecase said:

The Weeknd would be a good sub for Eminem... but I highly doubt he'll be at Reading at all this year.

Major Lazer seem the obvious fit beneath Eminem but I guess he could be on the bill? I remember at some point in the last few years he was listed briefly as a SR so I don't think it's a type of booking FR wouldn't want at R&L.

Does anyone else think it was slightly strange for Andy C to crop the poster to only show two days of the dance stage? He took the post down as soon as he realised it wasn't out yet, just find it odd that he would crop it. Especially down to two out of the three days for the dance stage!

Edited by deadash321

25 minutes ago, Muppetmark said:

Wouldn't chance be held until a later announcement like alt j in 2015 as wireless and reading are both fr

Good point. Possibly.

2 minutes ago, deadash321 said:

Does anyone else think it was slightly strange for Andy C to crop the poster to only show two days of the dance stage? He took the post down as soon as he realised it wasn't out yet, just find it odd that he would crop it. Especially down to two out of the three days for the dance stage!

:lol: Yeah I didn't think of that but surely he'd just do the whole poster or his day. I have no idea.

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

Good point. Possibly.

:lol: Yeah I didn't think of that but surely he'd just do the whole poster or his day. I have no idea.

That's my throughts exactly. 

Also they haven't split the dance stage into days on the first day split poster for years. 2014 it was 'also appearing across the weekend'. 2015 was dance stage but just listed generally with no day splits. Maybe this announcement is due to be pretty big!

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

The Weeknd is an exclusive apparently but I'm fully expecting Chance to be there now (third below Eminem and Major Lazer) and probably Skepta too.

Chance would be absolutely incredible! I just hope he won't clash with anyone else I'd love to see!

So which acts are people realistically hoping for in the announcement tomorrow? I'd say my main ones are: Tame Impala, Royal Blood, Death From Above 1979, The Hives, The Offspring, Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes, Marmozets, Drenge, Los Campesinos!, King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard, Black Foxxes, Palace, Tchami, Kaytranada and Anderson .Paak.

6 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

So which acts are people realistically hoping for in the announcement tomorrow? I'd say my main ones are: Tame Impala, Royal Blood, Death From Above 1979, The Hives, The Offspring, Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes, Marmozets, Drenge, Los Campesinos!, King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard, Black Foxxes, Palace, Tchami, Kaytranada and Anderson .Paak.

Any combination of Chance the Rapper, Cypress Hill, Skepta, Stormzy, the xx, RTJ, Death Grips, Moose Blood, Boyz Noise, Weezer, SOAD, Astroid Boys, The Front Bottoms, or Mongol Horde would make me happy