2017 festival

kaosmark2

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, Mattymooz said:

Wireless announcement for Thursday morning, can't see FR cannibalising one of their fests by announcing on the same day. As we haven't heard about a day today maybe they are going to try and go up against Cream on Friday?

They haven't announced same day as Cream for at least past couple of years and tbh I can't remember it ever being the case, especially not this year when it's their anniversary. I think they are going to go big this year.

Wireless as you say makes a good point and they shared at least one bigger acthan last year so. I wouldn't be surprised by a drop this morning with an early Tweet of incoming or something from the fest, Slam Dunk is coming today but that shouldn't affect it majorly. Also Cream is a way different fest, although Reading has got more dance recently, on the whole it's probably one or the other in a lot of people's minds. When I was at the usual Reading crowd age it was a case of one or the other for people. 

If Eminem gets announced as the last headliner, a friend and I have decided to go to Reading. The plan is to fly to one of the outskirt airports of London, rent a car and book a hotel in the Reading area. We get the feeling that avoiding the trains will be smart. When we'll be heading to the festival, we assume it'll be possible to park the car a mile or so from the site and then walk from there (like Reading West Station area).

Can some of you experienced goers say if that's a good plan, or are there some sort of parking restrictions in Reading we should be familiar with? We have ruled out to camp at the festival.

19 minutes ago, jacjens said:

If Eminem gets announced as the last headliner, a friend and I have decided to go to Reading. The plan is to fly to one of the outskirt airports of London, rent a car and book a hotel in the Reading area. We get the feeling that avoiding the trains will be smart. When we'll be heading to the festival, we assume it'll be possible to park the car a mile or so from the site and then walk from there (like Reading West Station area).

Can some of you experienced goers say if that's a good plan, or are there some sort of parking restrictions in Reading we should be familiar with? We have ruled out to camp at the festival.

Just use one of the festival car parks, you don't have to be camping to park there. Tickets are usually £20 or so.

5 hours ago, thewayiam said:

They haven't announced same day as Cream for at least past couple of years and tbh I can't remember it ever being the case, especially not this year when it's their anniversary. I think they are going to go big this year.

Wireless as you say makes a good point and they shared at least one bigger acthan last year so. I wouldn't be surprised by a drop this morning with an early Tweet of incoming or something from the fest, Slam Dunk is coming today but that shouldn't affect it majorly. Also Cream is a way different fest, although Reading has got more dance recently, on the whole it's probably one or the other in a lot of people's minds. When I was at the usual Reading crowd age it was a case of one or the other for people. 

As someone who is pretty much Reading age, we have just gone to Reading every year cause it's closer. I'm pretty sure that the majority of my friends wouldn't mind which one we went to

1 hour ago, jacjens said:

See how close you can get the hotel to the festival, but driving may be a nightmare to get out of the parking zone if you go down too early on the first day. I do a 15/20 minute walk to a car park (NCP ~£15 a day) and thats quite easy.

If you get a hotel say a 30 minute walk from the festival gates, it may not be cost efficient to get a hire car and park, would be easier to get a train (They aren't nightmares from Gatwick to Reading).

1 hour ago, Stuielooie said:

See how close you can get the hotel to the festival, but driving may be a nightmare to get out of the parking zone if you go down too early on the first day. I do a 15/20 minute walk to a car park (NCP ~£15 a day) and thats quite easy.

If you get a hotel say a 30 minute walk from the festival gates, it may not be cost efficient to get a hire car and park, would be easier to get a train (They aren't nightmares from Gatwick to Reading).

The closest affordable hotel I can find at the moment is a 45 minute walk, which can be okay.

Through some quick flight search it looks like we'll be arriving in Stansted - it's the cheapest and has the best times.

10 minutes ago, jacjens said:

The closest affordable hotel I can find at the moment is a 45 minute walk, which can be okay.

Through some quick flight search it looks like we'll be arriving in Stansted - it's the cheapest and has the best times.

2hour train journey with two changes from stansted, check on http://ojp.nationalrail.co.uk

45 minutes, could always get a taxi/uber for the walk especially by the end of the weekend your feet will be dead

2 minutes ago, Hawky said:

Interesting that Fatboy Slim is headlining dance stage.

That tent is going to be pretty full...

I guess it's not that unlikely given that he's not the size Deadmau5 or Skrillex was albeit he is still very popular.

I'm not so sure given the dancier edge that they aren't going to go toe to toe with Cream but I think Cream will smash it to pieces.

3 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I guess it's not that unlikely given that he's not the size Deadmau5 or Skrillex was albeit he is still very popular.

I'm not so sure given the dancier edge that they aren't going to go toe to toe with Cream but I think Cream will smash it to pieces.

I never expected FS to outright headline NME... I just think he'll pull a massive crowd.