2017 festival

kaosmark2

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, oneoftherest said:

How likely are 30 Seconds To Mars?  Seeing a lot of people adding them into their predictions

They are an active live unit again, and are supporting Muse on a US tour. It's just a convenient one for those who think there'll be a big ol' rock day and are looking for an appropriate 'rock' sub for Muse (there aren't many). Don't see it mysel.

52 minutes ago, hamishrankin said:

hahaha Enter Shikari opening the main stage...not a chance in hell they'll play that low 

hahaha Frank Turner opened main stage last year AND Babymetal the year before. 

All of a sudden.. Shikari opening the mainstage doesn't seem that crazy

29 minutes ago, GodlikeYeezus said:

Stormzy just been announced at Boardmasters, they could give him a big slot this year his album will pop.

Can see Jake Bugg, Loyle Carner and lots of the DJ's also making an appearance. 

have half a feeling they'll give Stormzy a main stage slot - 3rd/4th down on Eminem day, ala BBK

2 minutes ago, conroy17 said:

have half a feeling they'll give Stormzy a main stage slot - 3rd/4th down on Eminem day, ala BBK

I reckon in terms of hip-hop/grime they'll have Eminem, Skepta, Chance the Rapper and Run the Jewels on main, then Stormzy, Wiley and Danny Brown on NME. Vince Staples either headlining 1xtra or on NME. Death Grips either on NME or FR headliners. If there's anything R&L are still good at it's hip-hop.

Edited by Will-2609

11 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

I reckon in terms of hip-hop/grime they'll have Eminem, Skepta, Chance the Rapper and Run the Jewels on main, then Stormzy, Wiley and Danny Brown on NME. Vince Staples either headlining 1xtra or on NME. Death Grips either on NME or FR headliners. If there's anything R&L are still good at it's hip-hop.

I reckon they will leave all BBK out completely and re book them HL, CHL or sub. I have a strong feeling a joint album is going to come out with potentially Drake on a track for the PR. Yeah man 100% it's the only thing that is making me consider going this year. 

30 minutes ago, GodlikeYeezus said:

I reckon they will leave all BBK out completely and re book them HL, CHL or sub. I have a strong feeling a joint album is going to come out with potentially Drake on a track for the PR. Yeah man 100% it's the only thing that is making me consider going this year. 

Well they've already announced Wiley :P

5 hours ago, Hawky said:

hahaha Frank Turner opened main stage last year AND Babymetal the year before. 

All of a sudden.. Shikari opening the mainstage doesn't seem that crazy

Frank did it to shoehorn him on the bill to continue his streak. Baby Metal were a weird one, they were selling big venues but weren't really a big deal in the mainstream so placing them was difficult. 

11 minutes ago, Chavmeisterdeluxe said:

Frank did it to shoehorn him on the bill to continue his streak. Baby Metal were a weird one, they were selling big venues but weren't really a big deal in the mainstream so placing them was difficult. 

Enter Shikari are there almost as much as Frank Turner. They probably started Shikari Soundsystem just so they could carry on appearing.