2017 festival

kaosmark2

48 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

That tour would have bombed without Killswitch. Get Killswitch headlining The Pit. Do the right thing, Dan P Carter. 

Who are people hoping for on The Pit / Lock Up this year? 

Bad religion, Killswitch, Stone Sour

Edited by Steve1000

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, oneoftherest said:

Considering Bullet/Killswitch didn't even sell 2000 tickets on their Sheffield leg, I would put Bullet at the right size for a Pit headliner, Good Charlotte/Jimmy Eat World/New Found Glory would sell out O2s whereas Bullet struggled with a massive support in Killswitch Engage.

Yeah but in their minds they're way bigger than that and above a Pit slot I reckon. 

4 hours ago, justanothername said:

Not really. Don't think R&L are gonna book them for the same day just because of a song they did together. So the chances of them playing the same day are the same as before

Would they not do it so that they could perform the song together, similar to how Sigma and Disclosure had people come on to perform with them at their sets last year? Or was that Disclosure and Sigmas decision?

5 hours ago, Pop Punk Sucks said:

Where did I say Killswitch are bigger? I said they're a BIG band, which they are. That Bullet tour was basically a package tour with Killswitch, if KSE hadn't been on there it would have sold far worse than it did. 

Yes, but they aren't are they?! They are a band that could have made it and fell similar to Bullet but before them. 

50 minutes ago, Wagon said:

Anyone think Pixies could be in with a chance of playing?

They are around in early August..

Not possible IMO, headlining Bluedot festival, don't think they would accept anything lower than a sub, which I think would not fit in with the way R+L is heading.

It'd be great, but sadly not possible.

13 hours ago, thewayiam said:

Yes, but they aren't are they?! They are a band that could have made it and fell similar to Bullet but before them. 

So a band who can play 4th down at Download isn't a big band? As a support band for a Brixton show that's a huge support. KSE could easily play Brixton themselves as a one off show. 

4 minutes ago, justanothername said:

Yeah Andy Copping. You ever seen his twitter feed. Though people are more likey to take him more seriously than you I suppose

Exactly Andy Copping and yes and what....he still booked the band, he still didn't replace the slot.

I bloody hope they do, he's the one taking £200 off people each year, not me!

1 hour ago, thewayiam said:

Next you'll be telling me Rival Sons are a big band because they played 4th as well.

For a Brixton Academy support slot Killswitch Engage are a big band. I don't know how fucking stupid you have to be to either not understand that point or to not recognise it. They headlined it by themselves a few years back. 

10 minutes ago, Pop Punk Sucks said:

For a Brixton Academy support slot Killswitch Engage are a big band. I don't know how fucking stupid you have to be to either not understand that point or to not recognise it. They headlined it by themselves a few years back. 

They are a more known band. Exactly, a few years back and they have only continued to fade. You could use that example for anyone who had dropped down, just because it's what they were at one point. They had one Brixton date, before that it was small London venues on their own....The Garage, Shepherds Bush. If they were beyond being booked for a support slot they would just have done it themselves and not supported another.

This is a band that Andre for one has give it the whole get them booked for The Pit at Reading, bands that play the Islington, The Roundhouse, Forum and Shepherds Bush.

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

Killswitch are a big band. They're bigger at Download, though. Same with Mastodon. They're both perfectly suited to headlining The Pit at R&L, but there's no chance in hell they would headline a stage that size at Download. 

Agreed bigger at Download....it's their scene. For me it was more the comparison of subbing Brixton now and topping it a couple of years ago, why support it if you could top it.

6 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

This also got posted earlier today : 

IK they announced 2 other fests today buuuuut we can hope that they're talking about next weeks announcement

Do we think they will play though if they are doing Other sub/3rd down Pyramid at Glasto. This being said I'm not sure it's much different to two subs equivalent there topping the bill at Reading.

18 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Do we think they will play though if they are doing Other sub/3rd down Pyramid at Glasto. This being said I'm not sure it's much different to two subs equivalent there topping the bill at Reading.

If they're not there this year I can't see them returning to headline next year like a lot of people are predicting - I can't remember the last time a band played lower at one festival and then headlined Reading/Leeds the next year promoting the same album*. Just makes them look like a weak headliner. Reckon they'll be subbing to Muse regardless of where they end up at Glastonbury as they're a much more Reading/Leeds type of band.

* queue somebody reeling off a huge list of instances of this happening regularly.

Edited by FloorFiller