2017 festival

kaosmark2

16 hours ago, Andre91 said:

I'm  really hoping for The Menzingers this year. Their new album is cracking. I could see them in a Main Stage slot similar to what Against Me! had a few years ago, or playing the Lock Up. 

They were ace a couple of years back in the pit or lockup or whatever it's called. Didn't realize they had something new out. Will take a look (listen)

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, thelemon said:

LG would be a good ticket seller, they could do worse than booking him. Can't see him subbing, though, maybe third down or subbing NME. Maybe even headlining FR if he won't play low down but they don't feel they can justify a really big spot for him.

Don't think he'd do lower than 3rd down or NME headliner and I 100% see R&L having him now that V won't.

I don't think him and Fatboy Slim sharing the top of the NME one night is particularly out of the question. Could see it being billed as a FBS closing set or something. It'd still seem as if Liam was headlining so he'd probably take it, but you've got someone else there since he isn't proven on his own. Would also be a nice pairing with that '90s theme, and could be a solid alternative on the Muse or Eminem night.

Didn't R&L book Beady Eye though? Maybe Liam isn't as stubborn with bookings than Noel, like Noel might have wanted to just headline or nothing so R&L didn't want him and Liam would happily take NME headline and I think R&L would be happy to give him it.

2 minutes ago, foolee said:

Didn't R&L book Beady Eye though? Maybe Liam isn't as stubborn with bookings than Noel, like Noel might have wanted to just headline or nothing so R&L didn't want him and Liam would happily take NME headline and I think R&L would be happy to give him it.

Liam knows he isn't as big on his own or he wouldn't have took the Beady Eye slot. I think he's an NME headliner, do that whole Fat Boy Slim thing maybe after him in a closing set and he will at least know he's not directly clashing with a headliner. Also, it's probably not the year he wants to go up against one as all are big names. Liam before Kasabian would sell if it happened.

21 hours ago, Mattymooz said:

Gone through all the acts to see where people are to see what is left to be announced. This is what I have been able to find (Still a lot of large acts left to be announced, still 2 subs, 2 3rd downs, 1 NME headliner, 2 NME subs, 2 Dance Headliners, 2 Pit Headliners, all the FR Headliners and 2 1Xtra Headliners)

RErjy7v.png

Can we expect Bastille to headline  NME stage, especially to go up against Muse? I'd have thought they'd be on the main stage, even subbing? 

1 hour ago, evilduck said:

Hah he's done a u-turn since Beady Eye then.

Anyone want to remind me when day tickets are usually released?

He pulled that u-turn not long into the Beady Eye thing. Think it was at the Stone Roses gigs in 2012 where they first did Oasis tracks and did 'em ever since.

Completely forgot he had Beady Eye songs to do in his live setup - guess there won't be that many.

And day tickets usually come out when day splits are announced on the main poster release. End of this month or into next.

Edited by dentalplan

1 hour ago, foolee said:

Yeh in 2011 when they booked Pulp. 6 years ago and the last time there was any sign of 90s Britpop on the lineup.

1 hour ago, Kerremy said:

Can we expect Bastille to headline  NME stage, especially to go up against Muse? I'd have thought they'd be on the main stage, even subbing? 

I actually just double checked their facebook and it says on there they are doing Sat/Sun. From what we know atm that would mean that Major Lazer and Bastille are playing on the same day. I can't see them putting Major Lazer on the NME (as that would be 3 electronic artists doing headline/closing slots) so that leaves Bastille to close the NME. I think it'll be packed like 1975 was this last year, but I think that makes the most sense as to where to put them (Alternatively, they could play 3rd down and that wouldn't be so silly I guess?).

44 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

I actually just double checked their facebook and it says on there they are doing Sat/Sun. From what we know atm that would mean that Major Lazer and Bastille are playing on the same day. I can't see them putting Major Lazer on the NME (as that would be 3 electronic artists doing headline/closing slots) so that leaves Bastille to close the NME. I think it'll be packed like 1975 was this last year, but I think that makes the most sense as to where to put them (Alternatively, they could play 3rd down and that wouldn't be so silly I guess?).

Interesting, thanks for that! I was just querying, as when I saw them at Reading 2013, when they were still relatively unknown, they packed out the NME tent, people were collapsing and being crushed at the front, would have thought it would be manic to put them in there again. We shall see :) 

Edit:

Just been on their website, its saying 25th @ Leeds and 26th @ Reading, so the Friday and Saturday. 

And checked on Muse, which is Reading on 25th and Leeds 26th. I don't know if these dates are definite though or just on a default basis...

Edited by Kerremy

15 minutes ago, Kerremy said:

Interesting, thanks for that! I was just querying, as when I saw them at Reading 2013, when they were still relatively unknown, they packed out the NME tent, people were collapsing and being crushed at the front, would have thought it would be manic to put them in there again. We shall see :) 

Edit:

Just been on their website, its saying 25th @ Leeds and 26th @ Reading, so the Friday and Saturday. 

And checked on Muse, which is Reading on 25th and Leeds 26th. I'm generally pleased that it means that they won't be clashing even if Bastille do headline NME! Though I wouldn't want them to clash with Kasabian really either. Can't find anything to suggest which dates Kasabian will be.

I'm very skeptical that they will put Bastille on NME, it would be ridiculously busy. The slight theory if they are on the same day is that they both play main but also with sub length sets.

35 minutes ago, Movieimp said:

Found this in a mag where Bastille's management states "We want to finish this campaign at the end of next year on a second headline slot at Reading and Leeds"

(this link vv page 61/80)

https://issuu.com/gregiq/docs/iq69/58

though not too sure if it means second from headline, or a second headline hmmm

I think it means second headline slot as in headlining the second stage - NME. 

20 hours ago, Kerremy said:

Edit:

And checked on Muse, which is Reading on 25th and Leeds 26th. I don't know if these dates are definite though or just on a default basis...

Their website actually has it down as them playing Leeds on the 25th and Reading on the 26th wich is actually impossible (unless they are completely changing the way the dates matchup)

Facebook however has it down as Reading 26th and Leeds 27th which would be possible.

In saying this though, Bastille have opened for MUSE before (admittedly that was a while ago, heck the tour had The 1975 or Bastille on first, followed by Dizzee Rascal then MUSE which is insane). However, I'd guess that if they're on the NME then the 26th would make sense as R+L would want a rocky alternative to Eminem (though tbh, who really knows till the next announcement)