2017 festival

kaosmark2

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

26 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

what they are doing in America has no impact here, they have a month gap in the middle too.

I based it on the fact that they are touring again and it looks as if they are going to be releasing music soon. As a band that have played Reading and Leeds before in my opinion that makes them more likely, right?

1 hour ago, hamishrankin said:

30stm must be very likely now. They wouldn't take anything less than sub would they?

I should hope so because they'd be a woeful sub choice nowadays.

I mean, they used to headline those venues that they're supporting Muse at. They wouldn't have headlined back then, would they?

edit: That said, I could imagine more easily them booking them as sub and very few people caring over them booking them further down.

Edited by dentalplan

8 hours ago, Mattymooz said:

I'm not sure they'd be able to put Royal Blood solo vs. Muse and Kasabian though. They aren't really in the same league. I could however see them Co-Headlining with someone else (Would love to see Pendulum still but I doubt R+L would book them that high. Another option is maybe Chase & Status as they are releasing a new album this year and FR likes to book them as they headlined Wireless last year?).

But they wouldn't be vs Muse and Kasabian. The fact they already have 2 strong headliners means they can afford to have a smaller one as the third. I agree they'd be more likely to co-headline but the acts I could have seen them co-headlining with were alt-J or Major Lazer and neither of them will be co-headlining now (Major Lazer obvs already playing and alt-J doing too many other festivals). Pendulum would be a decent shout to co-headline with them tbf.

It'll be Eminem anyway.

1 hour ago, hamishrankin said:

I based it on the fact that they are touring again and it looks as if they are going to be releasing music soon. As a band that have played Reading and Leeds before in my opinion that makes them more likely, right?

Only if they choose to tour Europe in that August gap, until then there is many more likely options.

1 hour ago, Will-2609 said:

But they wouldn't be vs Muse and Kasabian. The fact they already have 2 strong headliners means they can afford to have a smaller one as the third. I agree they'd be more likely to co-headline but the acts I could have seen them co-headlining with were alt-J or Major Lazer and neither of them will be co-headlining now (Major Lazer obvs already playing and alt-J doing too many other festivals). Pendulum would be a decent shout to co-headline with them tbf.

It'll be Eminem anyway.

I thought FR's reasoning for boosting Disclosure + Fall Out BOy last year to coheadline with Foals and Biffy was because RHCP were just sooooo much larger than them?

20 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

I thought FR's reasoning for boosting Disclosure + Fall Out BOy last year to coheadline with Foals and Biffy was because RHCP were just sooooo much larger than them?

There has always been uneven headliner sets. Even Kasabian and Muse would need to add someone else on to equal Eminem by that logic.

Besides, we knew Foals and Disclosure were coheadlining before Biffy and Fall Out Boy were even booked. Someone dropped out to open up a final slot. Fuck knows how they ended up with a coheadliner in that space but they did. I think one of those idiots moaning that Disclosure and Fall Out Boy aren't proper music or proper headliners but Foals and Biffy are came up with that rumour.

Edited by dentalplan

45 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Nah that defo wasn't it. There's been much larger differences in size of the headliners than there would have been between RHCP and Foals/Biffy (eg. Guns n Roses vs Arcade Fire and Blink-182 in 2010, RHCP vs Razorlight and The Smashing Pumpkins in 07, Muse and Pearl Jam vs Franz Ferdinand in 06).

By the sounds of things, the original plan last year was to have Foals/FOB, RHCP and someone else as the headliners (Neil has heard it was Radiohead). They lost that third headliner, Biffy were brought in and FOB shunted across to co-headline with them (presumably the act Biffy replaced were a stronger act so they felt they had to add something along with Biffy) and then Disclosure tagged onto Foals as a co-headliner instead of FOB.

I imagine the reason Foals were given a co-headline rather than an outright headline was because they wanted to play Glasto too and R&L would only give them outright headline status if they were exclusive.

So aye, to sum up, my guess is Foals had a co-headliner because they didn't wanna play on an exclusive so R&L thought they'd be too weak on their own, and Biffy had a co-headliner because they replaced a stronger headliner who pulled out leaving FR with a weakened lineup and some leftover budget.

1 minute ago, Will-2609 said:

By the sounds of things, the original plan last year was to have Foals/FOB, RHCP and someone else as the headliners (Neil has heard it was Radiohead). They lost that third headliner, Biffy were brought in and FOB shunted across to co-headline with them (presumably the act Biffy replaced were a stronger act so they felt they had to add something along with Biffy) and then Disclosure tagged onto Foals as a co-headliner instead of FOB.

I imagine the reason Foals were given a co-headline rather than an outright headline was because they wanted to play Glasto too and R&L would only give them outright headline status if they were exclusive.

So aye, to sum up, my guess is Foals had a co-headliner because they didn't wanna play on an exclusive so R&L thought they'd be too weak on their own, and Biffy had a co-headliner because they replaced a stronger headliner who pulled out leaving FR with a weakened lineup and some leftover budget.

We heard Foals and Disclosure were headliners in November or maybe even October and you were there, daft lad.

What's the source for Muse + 30STM tour? There's nothing on their official channels. Anyway 30STM have their own event in US between 12-14 august (Camp Mars), so it's unlikely that they'll do a proper Euro tour. They would pretty much have to come just for R+L if that's the case

11 hours ago, Diocane said:

What's the source for Muse + 30STM tour? There's nothing on their official channels. Anyway 30STM have their own event in US between 12-14 august (Camp Mars), so it's unlikely that they'll do a proper Euro tour. They would pretty much have to come just for R+L if that's the case

It was on muse site after you click on any banner on the top

8 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

They wouldn't play.

Shame, they were class in the 6 music tent at Latitude last year and they're active again this year.

Edited by Hawky
They played back in '06, but I guess a lot has changed since then. I can hope.

56 minutes ago, jcarb said:

Knife Party has just been announced for SW4 for the sunday, so pendulum is looking less likely now.

Pretty much impossible now which is a shame :( Weird that they decided to split up their performances over both days

Edited by Mattymooz

2 hours ago, Diamond24 said:

Royal Blood have been announced for a festival in Japan the week before Reading. Does this make them more/less likely?

It's very possible as many have done that then came over. RB, LG, Pheonix, Justice and Pennywise are all possible although I'm not sure what each have for further commitments past this date. Calvin Harris  I will be shocked if he isn't at Creamfields again this year. They have shared a few over years. Just saw last year they had Underworld, Fergie, Alesso and Weezer on a stage, it gets some top acts.

2 hours ago, jcarb said:

Could of been tactically done by SW4 to keep them there for the weekend?

I stick to my opinion that Creamfields have booked them and if they booked them on the Friday/even Thursday depending on how big they are really going this year it means that buyers will have to get a 3 day weekend ticket at least to see them as only Saturday and Sunday are included int he day tickets. I said a while ago that this would be a brilliant bit of business and booking by Cream. There will be loads of the usual that sell it really well anyway wanting to attend due to the anniversary and Pendulum on top will add to it. Not to forget that I actually think given The Prodigy's date over August Bank in Switzerland that they have a good chance of appearing too....although it could be V Fest for them.