2017 festival

kaosmark2

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, Mattymooz said:

Are they that likely for Creamfields? Do they have a stage for people who aren't DJing? It's like people saying they thing Pendulum is going to do Creamfields as well, I'm not sure they have a stage capable of doing a full band setup rather than just the decks the always have

Yes, they have done it before. They might have a stage for djs but it can be turned into a band performance stage easy. They already have the sound and lighting rights to connect it to. Both have played it before. Pendulum are imo 100% doing SW4 for a double with Cream and The Prodigy have them themselves V or Cream that weekend with Glasto weekend wide open.

11 hours ago, Handinho said:

Chance of the Kooks at Leeds?

Chance of them just about everywhere. 

6 hours ago, thewayiam said:

Yes, they have done it before. They might have a stage for djs but it can be turned into a band performance stage easy. They already have the sound and lighting rights to connect it to. Both have played it before. Pendulum are imo 100% doing SW4 for a double with Cream and The Prodigy have them themselves V or Cream that weekend with Glasto weekend wide open.

Chance of them just about everywhere. 

Again I'm not sure what Robs relationship with Cream is but I know that both he and El Hornet have a very good relationship with R&L. I'm not sure Cream would be able to outpay them compared to Reading (as Cream will be one show but R+L will be 2, so Cream would have to pay double).

The only issue I see is that Pendulum will probably wanna go no lower than subbing for their return, and I'm not sure R+L will wanna give that too them. That and they'd be subbing either eminem or kasabian, neither of which I think are likely. Maybe they'd take headlining the NME but then that puts effectively 3 Electronic acts and bastille as NME headliners/closing sets which I doubt they'd do (unless Fatboy Slim is headlining the dance stage not the NME)

1 hour ago, Mattymooz said:

Again I'm not sure what Robs relationship with Cream is but I know that both he and El Hornet have a very good relationship with R&L. I'm not sure Cream would be able to outpay them compared to Reading (as Cream will be one show but R+L will be 2, so Cream would have to pay double).

The only issue I see is that Pendulum will probably wanna go no lower than subbing for their return, and I'm not sure R+L will wanna give that too them. That and they'd be subbing either eminem or kasabian, neither of which I think are likely. Maybe they'd take headlining the NME but then that puts effectively 3 Electronic acts and bastille as NME headliners/closing sets which I doubt they'd do (unless Fatboy Slim is headlining the dance stage not the NME)

Cream would not have to pay twice because they already have a payday that weekend in SW4 so SW4 + Cream = R&L. I don't think they'll do anything that doesn't put them topping the bill....which also helps them with the light show being darker and both of what they have so far in the UK gives them that and so would Cream. A Glasto appearance would put them Other stage headliner no doubt so that would too but I'm less optimistic about that happening.

54 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Pendulum headlining the NME was dumb and dangerous in 2010. It would be even worse in 2017. 

Agreed. I think they would be great as a sub but looking at the dates they will be subbing whoever plays Friday Leeds and Sunday Reading (so Kasabian or Eminem as long as he is the 3rd headliner, neither of which work tbh). I could see them subbing Muse, so if they put the wrong dates down in there events page it could work but that seems like a stretch.

45 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Cream would not have to pay twice because they already have a payday that weekend in SW4 so SW4 + Cream = R&L. I don't think they'll do anything that doesn't put them topping the bill....which also helps them with the light show being darker and both of what they have so far in the UK gives them that and so would Cream. A Glasto appearance would put them Other stage headliner no doubt so that would too but I'm less optimistic about that happening.

What I mean is they could either do Cream and SW4 (so 2 shows total) OR they could do R+L and SW4 (3 shows total). This means Cream would have to probably pay more. TBH though, it is Creamfields 20th anniversary so they may be willing to splash the cash a bit more, but R+L imo caters to their fans better. In the DnB community, they aren't really seen as that great (other than Hold Your Colour) wheras Rock fans are a much bigger fan of the later work. Just recently Knife Party (their spin off project) made a song with Tom Morello from RatM who I would argue is definitely more of a Rock person than Electronic.

I know they wanna be near the top, but I'm pretty sure even Rob Swire understands that he can't compete with acts like Muse as a headliner (Plus IIRC Cream doesn't really do headliners in the same way. It's not like there is one act who is obviously bigger than the others who stands out on their Main Stage). Subbing is still pretty late and is usually in the dark for most of it (heck it would be in the same slot as FoB last year who used a ton of fireworks). The only downside of R+L is that they probably won't let them use all their staging they want. However, what I secretly hope for is that the last headliner isn't Eminem, and is Pendulum co-headlining with someone else (Heck, a Pendulum/Royal Blood co-headline would be AMAZING).

I can dream about that, but I still think there is a chance they might turn up. Until Cream or Pendulum announces anything else for that weekend I'm not ruling them out (Can't see them just doing the one show that weekend with the amount of festivals going on, especially when they picked SW4 as the one that they wanted to go to). There is no way Pendulum are going back to Glasto after 2012 (which was one of the main reasons the group split up to begin with) so R+L would make more sense as one of the other major fests in the UK that they could play at.

TLDR: R+L+SW4 is more $$, they hate Glasto so Cream or R+L is likely. Cream has their 20th this year so will be willing to spend more $$, but I think Rock fans are bigger fans of Pendulum than actual DnB fans so R+L is I think what they would prefer

Edited by Mattymooz
TLDR

1 hour ago, Mattymooz said:

Agreed. I think they would be great as a sub but looking at the dates they will be subbing whoever plays Friday Leeds and Sunday Reading (so Kasabian or Eminem as long as he is the 3rd headliner, neither of which work tbh). I could see them subbing Muse, so if they put the wrong dates down in there events page it could work but that seems like a stretch.

What I mean is they could either do Cream and SW4 (so 2 shows total) OR they could do R+L and SW4 (3 shows total). This means Cream would have to probably pay more. TBH though, it is Creamfields 20th anniversary so they may be willing to splash the cash a bit more, but R+L imo caters to their fans better. In the DnB community, they aren't really seen as that great (other than Hold Your Colour) wheras Rock fans are a much bigger fan of the later work. Just recently Knife Party (their spin off project) made a song with Tom Morello from RatM who I would argue is definitely more of a Rock person than Electronic.

I know they wanna be near the top, but I'm pretty sure even Rob Swire understands that he can't compete with acts like Muse as a headliner (Plus IIRC Cream doesn't really do headliners in the same way. It's not like there is one act who is obviously bigger than the others who stands out on their Main Stage). Subbing is still pretty late and is usually in the dark for most of it (heck it would be in the same slot as FoB last year who used a ton of fireworks). The only downside of R+L is that they probably won't let them use all their staging they want. However, what I secretly hope for is that the last headliner isn't Eminem, and is Pendulum co-headlining with someone else (Heck, a Pendulum/Royal Blood co-headline would be AMAZING).

I can dream about that, but I still think there is a chance they might turn up. Until Cream or Pendulum announces anything else for that weekend I'm not ruling them out (Can't see them just doing the one show that weekend with the amount of festivals going on, especially when they picked SW4 as the one that they wanted to go to). There is no way Pendulum are going back to Glasto after 2012 (which was one of the main reasons the group split up to begin with) so R+L would make more sense as one of the other major fests in the UK that they could play at.

TLDR: R+L+SW4 is more $$, they hate Glasto so Cream or R+L is likely. Cream has their 20th this year so will be willing to spend more $$, but I think Rock fans are bigger fans of Pendulum than actual DnB fans so R+L is I think what they would prefer

I don't see 3 in 3 days

11 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Well in your scenario they are already doing 2 in 2 days. At least with mine Reading and London aren't very far apart so it would be easy to transfer the gear between the two

Agreed but it still means them wanting to do a 3rd. Either way I think they'll choose Cream, it won't be that far apart I doubt between Readings next announcement and Creams lineup. 

16 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Royal Blood

I'm not sure they'd be able to put Royal Blood solo vs. Muse and Kasabian though. They aren't really in the same league. I could however see them Co-Headlining with someone else (Would love to see Pendulum still but I doubt R+L would book them that high. Another option is maybe Chase & Status as they are releasing a new album this year and FR likes to book them as they headlined Wireless last year?).

1 minute ago, Mattymooz said:

I'm not sure they'd be able to put Royal Blood solo vs. Muse and Kasabian though. They aren't really in the same league. I could however see them Co-Headlining with someone else (Would love to see Pendulum still but I doubt R+L would book them that high. Another option is maybe Chase & Status as they are releasing a new album this year and FR likes to book them as they headlined Wireless last year?).

Now that Eminem is reportedly a TBC, it's hard to imagine who'd be a third headliner if rumours were to shut down. Most Reading worthy headliners are already booked for that weekend due to world tours or simply just won't do the show. I also believe it would be a co-headline slot to close off the weekend, within the same calibur of Biffy Clyro and Fall Out Boy.

I would say The 1975 co headlining with Royal Blood maybe... don't see them double booking them just like they did with Two Door Cinema Club.