2017 festival

kaosmark2

10 hours ago, Will-2609 said:

Just had a look at the IOW poster and Bastille are billed below Catfish and Kaiser Chiefs. Hopefully R&L views them similarly and don't have them subbing.

They are below on the poster, but only because catfish is a long name. By the looks of it they'll be in a similar position at IOW

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Wombats have announced they're hoping to have their new album out by the end of the summer (August). Think they could be booked 3 years in a row? 

If not I can see them being prime candidates for a secret set. 

Edited by Buko

On 29/01/2017 at 2:39 PM, dentalplan said:

Christ.

Why are people so defensive about this? Of all the bands at the festival you don't go see, what difference would it make to you lot if many of them are chosen with an eye on correcting a historic gender imbalance?

And the "they have to book what's popular, it's a business" thing in a community that has complained about them booking what's popular over what they like that is no longer popular! :lol:

Thanks for saying this Dental. Don't know why people are getting so worked up about achieving equality. It's dumb. This has easily been the one of the worst discussions I've seen in the R&L section. 

1 hour ago, BeddingatReading said:

This isn't meant as a dig but what does R&L consider a UK a festival exclusive? Genuine question, does it literally mean not doing any other FR festivals? Surely this is false advertising....

Not sure. Maybe they just consider it as much a festival as Glasgow Summer Sessions, with whom they've shared a fair few 'exclusive' headliners. I don't think anyone's really duped by the whole thing anymore so little to fuss over.

Edited by dentalplan

8 hours ago, justanothername said:

Thanks for saying this Dental. Don't know why people are getting so worked up about achieving equality. It's dumb. This has easily been the one of the worst discussions I've seen in the R&L section. 

Tent w*nking

RNP

Costa Coffee

Swans

been loads worse

1 hour ago, BeddingatReading said:

This isn't meant as a dig but what does R&L consider a UK a festival exclusive? Genuine question, does it literally mean not doing any other FR festivals? Surely this is false advertising....

Maybe they claim it as a UK festival exclusive when at the time of the announcement the act isn't playing anywhere else? Perhaps the next poster won't include that claim, I dunno. But yeah I think that they shouldn't be allowed to say it.

Also, not sure who you were expecting to take that as a dig :P

6 minutes ago, LRRP said:

Parklife lineup has quite few of the same acts as R+L (TDCC, Fatboy Slim, Andy C, Wiley, Danny Brown, Ratboy etc.) expect to see more of their lineup in the third release for R+L? Unfortunately not Frank Ocean :(

You quite often expect to see festivals share acts if they are around the same time (Wildlife and Parklife share a ton of acts) as people already have their gear in the same country. However it is unlikely that because an act is at Parklife they'll be at Reading as they are at opposite ends of the festival calendar (Parklife beginning of July, R+L end of august).

The reason a lot of acts are shared has 2 reasons. 1) Acts like TDCC< Fatboy Slim and Andy C are all very popular in the UK, and nowhere near as popular overseas. This means it makes more sense for them to be on UK line-ups. 2) Acts like Wiley and Ratboy (and usually DJ EZ) are at every festival it seems. It is usually very hard to find a line-up without them on.

Do bands playing download make them more or less likely to appear at R&L? I'm assuming the higher billed acts are less likely, I'm thinking with ADTR just being announced for DL makes them less likely (not that they were being tipped anyway) for R&L. They've also got Creeper on the main stage who I thought were fairly likely to be doing R&L. Also, Moose Blood's placing there surprised me, a few people tipped them for the main stage at R&L but they're playing the third stage at DL.

14 minutes ago, BeddingatReading said:

Do bands playing download make them more or less likely to appear at R&L? I'm assuming the higher billed acts are less likely, I'm thinking with ADTR just being announced for DL makes them less likely (not that they were being tipped anyway) for R&L. They've also got Creeper on the main stage who I thought were fairly likely to be doing R&L. Also, Moose Blood's placing there surprised me, a few people tipped them for the main stage at R&L but they're playing the third stage at DL.

It's rare that there's a crossover with the acts high up on the bill, so no ADTR at R&L this year. I'm not sure of the slot they'll play when they do next appear - unfortunate that they weren't booked to headline NME a few years back, would have been a fantastic booking. Maybe subbing Paramore next year?

Edited by JSmurphy