2017 festival

kaosmark2

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Last time they played they were supposedly moved down the bill quite late on for Macklemore so they could probably even demote them now. Not that they need to as this album has been set to flop since their 'intimate' tour dates went on sale in August.

I still laugh at the 'intimate' tag that tour got :lol: 

I'd love to see Brand New headline the NME, @Will-2609

52 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

I still laugh at the 'intimate' tag that tour got :lol: 

I'd love to see Brand New headline the NME, @Will-2609

Tbf I nicked the suggestion from dental but I agree with his reasoning. With it being their final tour and them having quite a cult fanbase I think they'd do quite well in an nme headline slot. Especially if they fancy sticking something heavier on that stage.

How fast did the festival sell out after Eminem was announced last time in 2013? Don't get paid until the 31st and barely any cash at the moment. Do I stand a chance?

Went last year and I know they didn't sell out for a while, but I don't know whether announcing Eminem would be good enough to sell out within matter or days for reading?

Edited by jakecase

40 minutes ago, jakecase said:

How fast did the festival sell out after Eminem was announced last time in 2013? Don't get paid until the 31st and barely any cash at the moment. Do I stand a chance?

Went last year and I know they didn't sell out for a while, but I don't know whether announcing Eminem would be good enough to sell out within matter or days for reading?

The festival most likely won't sell out at all, let alone by the end of the month. You will be fine :) 

54 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

The festival most likely won't sell out at all, let alone by the end of the month. You will be fine :) 

It depends which site you're talking about.

Reading has sold out for at least the last 4 years. In 2013 it was completely sold out on 12th August.

It never sells out until late on and I believe Leeds struggles to sell out regularly?

20 hours ago, Pop Punk Sucks said:

Even when you ignore the 3 "confirmed" headliners for this year, it's a real struggle to see how or why R+L would ever book Maiden again.

The kids would be confused, but then stranger bookings have happened. 

Muse, Eminem and Kasabian is a very strong bill for its demographic but it's so... Stale.

2 hours ago, jakecase said:

As everyone else was saying here you'll be fine. Infact Eminem was the first headliner announced for 2013 as well so I doubt it will e an instant sell out when he is announced. Anyway if FR believed that the announcement of Eminem alone would be enough to sell out the festival in a short period of time surely he'd be announced first

21 minutes ago, MrMelde said:

how trustworthy is the source that comes Eminem ? 

Trustworthy enough that Neil (who runs this site) decided to put him as a 'to be confirmed' rather than 'strong rumour'. Basically a 99% chance that he's one of the headliners

edit: Although should people be wary that he hasn't announced any other festival dates/dates at all for this year (yet)? Could be that Reading/Leeds are the ones that get the ball rolling, but I would've expected him to pop up at other festivals across the world as well and they're all filling up fast

Edited by FloorFiller

8 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Trustworthy enough that Neil (who runs this site) decided to put him as a 'to be confirmed' rather than 'strong rumour'. Basically a 99% chance that he's one of the headliners

edit: Although should people be wary that he hasn't announced any other festival dates/dates at all for this year (yet)? Could be that Reading/Leeds are the ones that get the ball rolling, but I would've expected him to pop up at other festivals across the world as well and they're all filling up fast

ok thanks for your answer :) 

26 minutes ago, oneoftherest said:

Weird one, but what about Twenty One Pilots subbing? They've just released a new song and are probably one of the biggest acts in the world right now in terms of hype.

Don't think it's weird at all, could see it happening and them subbing either Kasabian or Muse

Twenty one pilots won't be back without a new album and I guess that R+L will fall between the end of the tour and the next album's release. Nailed on to at least sub next year anyway.

I can imagine The Kooks getting a stupidly big slot this year, like 4th/5th down main.

Also Death From Above appear to be working on new material so I think they could arrive late summer and hit some fests they missed out in 2015.