2017 festival

kaosmark2

40 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

They'd be booked to headline Download for sure. They're very much a cult band though and I'm not sure how well their booking or performance would go down with people who hadn't bought tickets solely to see Tool. No mosh pits, not being broadcast on screens, just some songs and trippy animations going on behind them. Would be more suited to their own shows, I'm sure of it.

I don't think i've met many metal fans who don't like Tool. Say they were booked to headline DL 2018, it'd be their first UK show in 11 years, they'd have a massive group of people solely attending for them, plus all the other metal fans who like Tool, they are massive inside of the Metal community, just they haven't really maintained that outside of it due to the fact they've not released any music in over 10 years.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Little Sparrow said:

I don't think i've met many metal fans who don't like Tool. Say they were booked to headline DL 2018, it'd be their first UK show in 11 years, they'd have a massive group of people solely attending for them, plus all the other metal fans who like Tool, they are massive inside of the Metal community, just they haven't really maintained that outside of it due to the fact they've not released any music in over 10 years.

I see. I just thought it was the same inside the metal community as well that they've fallen off the map for non-fans, and they don't do much to draw new ones in either. But fair if I'm wrong, like.

4 hours ago, dentalplan said:

I see. I just thought it was the same inside the metal community as well that they've fallen off the map for non-fans, and they don't do much to draw new ones in either. But fair if I'm wrong, like.

They're obviously no Metallica or anything but they have drawn in younger fans, im in my early 20s and i know plenty of Tool fans of a similar age to me, i think Andy Copping would have them as a high priority booking aswell given the fact he has a relatively small pool of headliners and they've not played in over 10 years.

50 minutes ago, LRDJ said:

Interesting - Bring Me The Horizon just retweeted then un-retweeted this:

As shown here:

Wonder if that means anything, maybe a mistake or a hint that they're playing this year?

They were retweeting several tweets about that Royal Albert Hall show so I imagine it was retweeted on account of that as opposed to the R&L bit.

If they were headlining they'd know they can't announce it yet so they're not gonna go retweeting stuff about it.

On 04/01/2017 at 3:07 PM, oneoftherest said:

What are the chances of Smashing Pumpkins subbing? Dyou reckon they've got over their ego yet?

In the most recent interview with Billy Corgan, Mancow Muller Show 10/01/17, he does state he's in talks for a reunion with the band, but it has to be for the fans and it's a while off happening in any capacity. "If we do it, we do it to make people happy" he says, so I believe if the band do reunite, it'll be for some 'Greatest Hits' / 'Best Of' arena dates, followed by maybe some headline festival shows - Bestival? BST? Latitude?

I find the BMTH sold out narrative a bit weird. I'm not that keen on their newer stuff, but wouldn't call them sell outs. They've been gradually changing their sound since the start, so unless you were around from day 1, seems a bit weird to call them sellouts as you most likely started to be a fan once they'd already "sold out" in one way or the other. 

3 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Can totally see Pendulum subbing Muse, now. 

nah man, aren't muse doing friday at reading and saturday at leeds? the idea of them playing both is kinda growing on me, considering there's no "uk festival exclusive" that would've no doubt been thrown in over reunion hype

Edited by robmongascy

1 minute ago, Andre91 said:

Can totally see Pendulum subbing Muse, now. 

I can't, for one Muse are headlining at Leeds on the Saturday and two, I think their at Creamfields, and if the festival is clever they'll book them for the Friday knowing people need a weekend ticket to get access to it. It was never going to happen, SW4 wouldn't have allowed it.

9 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Interesting to point out as well that ML are a UK Festival Exclusive but have a Creamfields on their dates as well the date they Leeds. It would actually be possible due to what time Creamfields finishes.

Where did you see this? Major Lazer aren't at Creamfields? 

Also thewayiam has sold me on Pendulum doing SW4 & Creamfields. Too tight a schedule for all three fests and I can see Creamfields paying up the big bucks much quicker than R&L would.

15 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

Where did you see this? Major Lazer aren't at Creamfields? 

Also thewayiam has sold me on Pendulum doing SW4 & Creamfields. Too tight a schedule for all three fests and I can see Creamfields paying up the big bucks much quicker than R&L would.

ML Facebook tour dates.

I just can't see Cream not going for them and Pendulum saying no on their big anniversary. They will get the headline slot and a big light show in as dark as it's going to get too. I'm not for Pendulum too much at Glasto as I can't see me getting away clash from both the options of them and The Prodigy.