2017 festival

kaosmark2

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had no intention of watching Eminem as I mistakenly thought he clashed with Tomahawk.

Came out of Tomahawk, Eminem hadn't started so watched him.

Personally I enjoyed the set, been drinking all day, knew most of the songs, crowd around me were into it and singing along.Pretty good.

Would happily watch again if no-one decent on the lock-up

5 hours ago, Muppetmark said:

I got bored of Eminem so went to alt j where I got bored and went to British Sea power and got bored

2 hours ago, Will-2609 said:

Imagine going to see Eminem over Savages and British Sea Power let's be real.

After Foals I managed to see Tame Impala, Tomahawk for a bit, Savages and British Sea Power, whilst Chase and Status and Eminem were doing their rubbish thing.

1 hour ago, Muppetmark said:

Savages were great

Tomahawk, savages and BSP were all brilliant. Same again next year please and I'll make the same decision :)

4 hours ago, VCK said:

Royal Blood will headline 2018, and do the secret set next year.

Would Reading really book them to headline after they play a couple of festivals this year and a tour following? I'll wait to see if they get sub at Glasto or if it's a 3rd placing. Atm I have FF, BMTH and Paramore for 18 as a thought as neither would co-headline again so one of those last two would need to come out for them.

11 hours ago, thewayiam said:

Would Reading really book them to headline after they play a couple of festivals this year and a tour following? I'll wait to see if they get sub at Glasto or if it's a 3rd placing. Atm I have FF, BMTH and Paramore for 18 as a thought as neither would co-headline again so one of those last two would need to come out for them.

There's so many acts that could be in the frame for 2018 thinking about it. Foo Fighters, Arctic Monkeys, Royal Blood, Paramore, BMTH, The 1975, QOTSA, Kendrick and i'm sure i could think of more if i could be bothered to.

Personally i'd be very surprised if Foo Fighters and The 1975 aren't two of the headliners for 2018, the third spot i think is dependent on a number of different factors.

7 minutes ago, Little Sparrow said:

There's so many acts that could be in the frame for 2018 thinking about it. Foo Fighters, Arctic Monkeys, Royal Blood, Paramore, BMTH, The 1975, QOTSA, Kendrick and i'm sure i could think of more if i could be bothered to.

Personally i'd be very surprised if Foo Fighters and The 1975 aren't two of the headliners for 2018, the third spot i think is dependent on a number of different factors.

I'm thinking more 2019 for the 1975. I don't think QOTSA will get the bump to outright headliners.

I'd be surprised if it wasn't FF and BMTH (if their new album is ready). I think Kendrick for 2018 is a shout, RB very much rests on what they play this year but myself personally think it'll be the next album that puts them as headliners.

18 minutes ago, robmongascy said:

NME are throwing around the idea that Nine Inch Nails are doing live dates next year, don't know where they'd sit (under muse?) but after the hissy fit trent threw after subbing to biffy i can't imagine them asking him back too soon. They too big for NME headliner?

Nine Inch Nails headlining NME would be an instant ticket shifter for me.

43 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Royal Blood will probably sub this year - I can't see them being boosted up to headliners

After their management/agents have promoted them so well so far, it'd be pretty shocking for them to step up one slot on the second album after playing third down on the debut.

Then again, shit is fucked for new headliners in the UK. R+L expected to get two third-time headliners and a second-time headliner, TITP converted into one-day events that'll never call up new headliners, Bestival downgraded, IOW circling the drain, Download held over a barrel where they have to book the same bands to sell - the up and coming acts can't really shop around for headline slots can they? Like if in 2018, BMTH come back and R+L have Green Day, Foos and Arctics lined up or some crap and Download have Metallica, GNR and let's say Slipknot, they have to sub don't they? Not good.

edit: that wasn't an attempt to talk about BMTH or 2018 festival headliners, I just couldn't use Royal Blood in the hypothetical scenario given we don't know what they're doing this year yet. :P

Edited by dentalplan

2 hours ago, robmongascy said:

NME are throwing around the idea that Nine Inch Nails are doing live dates next year, don't know where they'd sit (under muse?) but after the hissy fit trent threw after subbing to biffy i can't imagine them asking him back too soon. They too big for NME headliner?

Doubt they'd be rebooked so soon, especially as the audience for them at a festival like R/L is dwindling by the year. Hoping they appear at Glastonbury myself, although probably more likely to just do their own shows

2 hours ago, dentalplan said:

After their management/agents have promoted them so well so far, it'd be pretty shocking for them to step up one slot on the second album after playing third down on the debut.

Then again, shit is fucked for new headliners in the UK. R+L expected to get two third-time headliners and a second-time headliner, TITP converted into one-day events that'll never call up new headliners, Bestival downgraded, IOW circling the drain, Download held over a barrel where they have to book the same bands to sell - the up and coming acts can't really shop around for headline slots can they? Like if in 2018, BMTH come back and R+L have Green Day, Foos and Arctics lined up or some crap and Download have Metallica, GNR and let's say Slipknot, they have to sub don't they? Not good.

edit: that wasn't an attempt to talk about BMTH or 2018 festival headliners, I just couldn't use Royal Blood in the hypothetical scenario given we don't know what they're doing this year yet. :P

Yeah you've got it

This aint the year for new headliners it seems at all. So they've gotta settle with lower

Also Royal Blood touring and not taking any big slots at festivals? seems a bit like suicide for the new album

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

Yeah you've got it

This aint the year for new headliners it seems at all. So they've gotta settle with lower

Also Royal Blood touring and not taking any big slots at festivals? seems a bit like suicide for the new album

Well, what is being suggested is that they do take big slots - lots of them - just not at R+L; saving that for a 2018 headline slot after they've sold out arenas and packed festival main stages and stuff.

What I was saying about the reluctance to promote new headliners was for every year though; there won't be enough festivals for all the current headliners, never mind new ones.