2017 festival

kaosmark2

7 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Pendulum subbing Muse would be pretty sick.

That would be incredible.

8 hours ago, JSmurphy said:

I'll be pissed if R&L gave Disclosure and Fall Out Boy co-headline slots but make Pendulum sub. 

Considering their only announced date is in June it'd be lovely to have them an Other Stage headline slot against Sheeran.

I misread the "other stage" bit and thought you were suggesting Ed Sheeran for R&L!

7 hours ago, JSmurphy said:

It's hard to tell with that Nova date being their only announced show. The only reason I'm less inclined to think they'll play R&L, is that I just don't see them subbing. A Pendulum & Major Lazer co-headline seems like easy sales to me, so the fact Major Lazer aren't co-headlining leads me to believe they R&L have gone for three outright headliners. And then a top:

Muse / Thirty Seconds to Mars
Kasabian / Pendulum 
Eminem / Major Lazer

Surely that's way too strong to happen? 

Are 30 Seconds To Mars a sub? Are they still relevant?

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, thelemon said:

Are 30 Seconds To Mars a sub? Are they still relevant?

they aren't moving down any lineups, so if they're booked it'll be as a sub again. wouldn't say 'relevant' but they have a huge fanbase and i'm sure Jared Leto's current streak of 'hot' films has helped keep them in people's minds somewhat

I could see them dropping down a slot or two here and there. They did have a large fanbase but I'm not sure they stay intact when they've not released owt since 2013 and they peaked in popularity about 2010/11. If yer like 15 and a massive 30STM nut, you could hardly be expected to be still into that at 21.

I don't subscribe to the belief that 30STM reap the benefits (or negatives) of Leto's acting career either.

5 hours ago, Will-2609 said:

Justice are an NME headliner themselves and wouldn't need their night ruining by Korn stinking the place out before they start.

KoRn stinking the place out? Fair enough if you don't like them but they're genuinely one of the best live metal bands in the world today. They've stepped up their game ridiculously over the past 3/4 years. They won't be at R&L though so that's cool. 

3 hours ago, Andre91 said:

KoRn stinking the place out? Fair enough if you don't like them but they're genuinely one of the best live metal bands in the world today. They've stepped up their game ridiculously over the past 3/4 years. They won't be at R&L though so that's cool. 

Yes stinking the place out because their music is abhorrent.

1 minute ago, rivalschools.price said:

KoRn are on top form at the moment and the new album is brilliant.

But, no, I can't see them being at Reading either.

Saying that, they won't be the heaviest band that will ever have been booked and other nu-metal bands have all been booked recently.i.e. Limp Bizkit,Deftones

Are LB and Deftones really nu-metal?

LB are just an American Rock band and Deftones Alternative Metal band. 

4 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Are LB and Deftones really nu-metal?

LB are just an American Rock band and Deftones Alternative Metal band. 

They were considered nu-metal bands when nu-metal came out but I don't know the criteria,ha ha.I liked all the bands but at the same time thought that Papa Roach,Korn,Limp Bizkit,Deftones and Linkin Park didn't sound anything like each other.

51 minutes ago, rivalschools.price said:

They were considered nu-metal bands when nu-metal came out but I don't know the criteria,ha ha.I liked all the bands but at the same time thought that Papa Roach,Korn,Limp Bizkit,Deftones and Linkin Park didn't sound anything like each other.

Nah you're right. In hindsight it was a bit of a general term but it was probably just a name applied to the metal bands coming through at the time rather than a specific niche of the genre.

1 hour ago, rivalschools.price said:

Haha no they don't, LB were okay but a bit of a joke band really, the rock version fun of the Pop Punk fun of BFS.

Papa Roach can't be put with any of them except LP, there is just no similarity at all.

I don't like Korn and Deftones though.

17 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Haha no they don't, LB were okay but a bit of a joke band really, the rock version fun of the Pop Punk fun of BFS.

Papa Roach can't be put with any of them except LP, there is just no similarity at all.

I don't like Korn and Deftones though.

Just stop spewing this manure. Limp Bizkit were the biggest rock/metal band in the world at one point, far from a joke band. 

KoRn, Deftones and Limp Bizkit were NEW metal bands. They were inventors (KoRn) and innovators of something brilliant and exciting and came a lot earlier than Linkin Park. It's a shame that they get lumped in with all of the garbage that came after then when everyone and their dog started jumping on the band wagon of the 'cool new thing'. 

And before you start claiming that I love Nu metal, I don't.

Edited by Andre91

59 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Just stop spewing this manure. Limp Bizkit were the biggest rock/metal band in the world at one point, far from a joke band. 

KoRn, Deftones and Limp Bizkit were NEW metal bands. They were inventors (KoRn) and innovators of something brilliant and exciting and came a lot earlier than Linkin Park. It's a shame that they get lumped in with all of the garbage that came after then when everyone and their dog started jumping on the band wagon of the 'cool new thing'. 

And before you start claiming that I love Nu metal, I don't.

The biggest rock/metal band in the world HAHAHAHA, stop spewing your own manure lmao. Yup they headlined festivals and arenas world wide and outsold LP, dear god you have said some bollocks but this takes the biscuit!

LP's 1st two albums are better than anything those others have produced between them, but that is my opinion although record sales would back up that theory a lot, and that's in a period when downloads etc weren't what they became.

I'd never claim that, you like the bullshit that is the Download lineup this year so there is no chance of that....but that's your choice and preference which is fine.