2017 festival

kaosmark2

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can see The Prodigy headlining Parklife tbh. If they do headline R&L it'll be as headliner and nothing less I'd imagine, which suggests they won't be there at all. After this long they're pretty iconic, they won't be sharing the headline slot with a band that have one album out.

6 minutes ago, thelemon said:

I can see The Prodigy headlining Parklife tbh. If they do headline R&L it'll be as headliner and nothing less I'd imagine, which suggests they won't be there at all. After this long they're pretty iconic, they won't be sharing the headline slot with a band that have one album out.

Way too big for Parklife surely! I defo think Cream or V have got them, I don't see it being SW4 although it will be now haha.

On 12/9/2016 at 1:01 PM, dentalplan said:

I would think them touring Europe and not appearing at Glastonbury or R+L suggests the opposite that there's no reason to get them back this year either. Certainly don't think they'd be headlining - what'd be the point in that at this point? Personal opinion would be that Glastonbury have enough options not to reach out to them again; R+L might not have as many options but they wouldn't be more than a sub.

I just hope they're over here in the summer. They're quite high on my list of acts to see but the cost to see them when they last toured deterred me, but I'd be willing to see them at a festival if the line up was good enough. I already have a ticket for Glasto so that'd be handy.

How sure are we all of Royal Blood being back next Summer? Don't recall seeing any indication that they're working on new material and they haven't been announced for anything so far (but then lots of acts havent). Just thinking with the Eminem rumour, maybe there weren't any decent options for a new headliner (I doubt they'd give it to alt-J alone) and they went with three big hitters as they were all available. Also Muse seem to be on the Friday which would seem a bit odd for the big headliner, and it's not like they're likely to have other shows to work around (though I guess the other headliners may, which could have left only Friday for Muse).

Was just pondering it as I was looking at my Glasto prediction and thinking there are so many Pyramid sub/Other headline sized bands seeming like they'll be around next Summer and wanted to rule some out.

Edited by Will-2609

14 hours ago, Will-2609 said:

How sure are we all of Royal Blood being back next Summer? Don't recall seeing any indication that they're working on new material and they haven't been announced for anything so far (but then lots of acts havent). Just thinking with the Eminem rumour, maybe there weren't any decent options for a new headliner (I doubt they'd give it to alt-J alone) and they went with three big hitters as they were all available. Also Muse seem to be on the Friday which would seem a bit odd for the big headliner, and it's not like they're likely to have other shows to work around (though I guess the other headliners may, which could have left only Friday for Muse).

Was just pondering it as I was looking at my Glasto prediction and thinking there are so many Pyramid sub/Other headline sized bands seeming like they'll be around next Summer and wanted to rule some out.

Well someone said they're meant to be releasing first half of this year or something but they haven't started on the comeback trail yet. If they aren't announced for a festival or we don't hear any strong rumours about their comeback in the next four weeks then I think they could miss a year.

You can't read anything in to what days that the acts you consider stronger headliners play, bruh. It's a wildly inconsistent theory that I thought people had stopped using.

Also, I think they would just give it to alt-J alone. We can't really be at the point where they need to create new headliners, they have to have two available or they don't bother. That'd be horrendous.

4 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Well someone said they're meant to be releasing first half of this year or something but they haven't started on the comeback trail yet. If they aren't announced for a festival or we don't hear any strong rumours about their comeback in the next four weeks then I think they could miss a year.

You can't read anything in to what days that the acts you consider stronger headliners play, bruh. It's a wildly inconsistent theory that I thought people had stopped using.

Also, I think they would just give it to alt-J alone. We can't really be at the point where they need to create new headliners, they have to have two available or they don't bother. That'd be horrendous.

If they're not around this year there could be a lot of decent options for next year who we'd definitely expect to be active. Arctic Monkeys, Foo Fighters, Paramore, BMTH, Royal Blood, The 1975, Kendrick Lamar, Tame Impala.

6 hours ago, rivalschools.price said:

Prodigy subbed last times they played so it wouldn't be a problem.

I think there may be more to it than that, maybe more they either aren't asked now or don't want to. They haven't played V for 6 years now either.

I will be somewhat surprised though if either manage to grab them from Cream next year.

On 11/12/2016 at 0:17 PM, Will-2609 said:

If they're not around this year there could be a lot of decent options for next year who we'd definitely expect to be active. Arctic Monkeys, Foo Fighters, Paramore, BMTH, Royal Blood, The 1975, Kendrick Lamar, Tame Impala.

Florence and the Machine also. 

6 hours ago, JSmurphy said:

Lana Del Rey, The xx, Flume, London Grammar and Vince Staples at Flow Festival a few weeks before R&L. 

The xx, Editors, alt-J, Elbow, Flume, Iggy Pop, Moderat, Mac DeMarco, Nothing But Thieves and Tove Lo at Lowland a week before R&L. 

I'd like to imagine after the performance this year, nothing but thieves to maybe play again? Maybe unlikely, but they could just play a bit higher on the main stage or perhaps higher up in the NME. A few new songs might make that even more likely.

8 minutes ago, SomethingReal said:

I'd like to imagine after the performance this year, nothing but thieves to maybe play again? Maybe unlikely, but they could just play a bit higher on the main stage or perhaps higher up in the NME. A few new songs might make that even more likely.

It's possible, they have played in both 2015 and 2016 but they're a popular new British indie band so I imagine R&L don't see their booking as much of a risk - mid-NME is my bet if they do play. 

The Manics are playing a festival in August next year, so if R&L really wanted them, they're available.

By all rights they are still big enough to sub the festival, but they'd probably be something like 4th down on Main given the other festival slots they've played in recent years, and that they wouldn't be "cool with da kidz." Mind you, neither would the Roses according to some on here.