2017 festival

kaosmark2

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 hours ago, BeddingatReading said:

Not on facebook so that wouldn't work.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. I thought if I was 100% genuine with them, they'd understand the situation and let me have it off, it's obvious I tried to book it off so it's not like I'm booking it like 2 days before. I'll easily catch up on the work on the two days I booked off which were wrong. I'm thinking about speaking to the MD (it's a fairly small company) who's the one who said no, and see if he understands at all, but unlikely he will, out of principle.

At the gig they did in Plymouth, they were checking ID on the gate to combat touts to see if the person who's got the tickets is the named card holder. Apparently this is happening for all Catfish gigs, so unlikely to even be able to sell it. I might just go in, catch the end of the gig and miss the support, and just possibly go in the next day hungover - only problem is being legal to drive in the morning!

Didn't ID us last night.

12 hours ago, VCK said:

Chances of the following?

The Black Keys, The Prodigy, Manic Street Preachers, Weezer, Primal Scream, Dinosaur Jr, The Offspring, Jack White or whatever his current project is

All festival favourites that are long overdue a return.

Possibly The Prodigy or Weezer, but probably their last chance to play I'd imagine.

4 hours ago, Muppetmark said:

The prodigy said it was their final album and they'll just tour from now but I don't think they'll be active next summer 

I thought they said they'd be doing EPs in future?

On 08/11/2016 at 8:12 PM, BeddingatReading said:

Can't call in sick now because I've already put in the request and told my boss about it, I thought letting him know about the situation might make them understand and if it goes to HR and potential disciplinary they can just refer to that. And it's Catfish that we're off to see. 

Like others have said, you'll have PLENTY of chances to see Catfish again, excellent live band though.

I'm hoping you have free cancellation on the hotel, if not then I'd be gutted too unless you can find someone to buy the tickets and hotel?

Other than that, maybe cancel the hotel, don't have a drink and drive home (depending on distance obv) and then go to work slightly tired the next morning? Most of my gigs are around 40miles away and I can usually get to bed not long after midnight after a drive home!

The XX have announced their third album is due out in January and their new single sounds very decent. Would be good to see them high up on the line up in the NME tent. Also The Sherlocks are in the studio working on their first album and after catching them at Bestival this year on a tiny stage I would love to see them at Reading this year on a bigger stage

42 minutes ago, Billjames7 said:

The XX have announced their third album is due out in January and their new single sounds very decent. Would be good to see them high up on the line up in the NME tent. Also The Sherlocks are in the studio working on their first album and after catching them at Bestival this year on a tiny stage I would love to see them at Reading this year on a bigger stage

doubt The xx will be returning to R/L. far more likely to be at Glastonbury and then undoubtedly headline a small festival, most likely Bestival

Do we reckon Reading has changed too much to book Marilyn Manson nowadays? I'm not sure. Thought he would have been back at Download this year but that seems to be off the table. His last album seemed to be a bit of a resurgence for him, the new one will be out soon, and he seems to be getting a bit more praise as a live act again.. I was thinking either third from top on main or second stage headliner.

3 minutes ago, SOAD said:

Do we reckon Reading has changed too much to book Marilyn Manson nowadays? I'm not sure. Thought he would have been back at Download this year but that seems to be off the table. His last album seemed to be a bit of a resurgence for him, the new one will be out soon, and he seems to be getting a bit more praise as a live act again.. I was thinking either third from top on main or second stage headliner.

I couldn't see him getting booked. It's a pretty rubbish example, but I was round a friends after Download 2015 and her younger brother (who was 17 at the time) had a load of his mates round and they were asking about Download and I started talking about Marilyn Manson, and out of this group of eight 17 year olds, not a single one of them knew who he was. I was baffled. I even dumbed it down and was like, "That guy who wears the makeup? The one who does The Beautiful People and Tainted Love?" and they all had no idea who he was. Not a clue. So that leads me to think that he is completely irrelevant to R&L's audience these days.

On his performance, he was crap at DL 2015. Off his face and mumbling his way through the lyrics he could remember. Really disappointing stuff.

1 minute ago, VCK said:

Starting to think KoL will be a possibility. New album is good by the way, best thing they've done in quite a while.

Kings of Leon
Royal Blood
You Me At Six

The Stone Roses
The Black Keys
Catfish and the Bottlemen

Kasabian
Twenty One Pilots
Wolf Alice

The new KOL album is easily their worst for me. Used to be one of my favourite bands, the previous couple of albums weren't amazing but solid, this new one is just painfully uninspiring.

Drop 21p and Wolf Alice a slot lower and put Catfish below Kasabian and a that's a pretty realistic prediction I think. Other than The Black Keys who don't appear to be doing anything, but I hope I'm wrong and they are booked.

28 minutes ago, Pop Punk Sucks said:

Agreed. Sold out 2 dates at Ally Pally in minutes and never seen so many people watching a band in the NME tent as I did for them this year (granted I don't go in there very often though). 

I can't believe how fast they sold those two dates out. They're one of most popular acts around right now. They're ridiculously popular and only getting bigger. They'd draw a massive crowd on Main. 

I'm also not a fan.

Edited by Andre91

42 minutes ago, Pop Punk Sucks said:

I'd wager that if you put twenty one pilots on main that they would have very visibly got a much bigger crowd than Disclosure. 

For what it's worth I'm no fan of twenty one pilots either.

Most probably, but that's providing there's an act in the tent who doesn't draw a massive/similar fanbase, if you had BBK at the same time they might not, but someone like drenge  second up in the tent (if their third album is well received they might be able to play that high) then they would pull a massive crowd 

13 hours ago, Obiginnaw said:

Most probably, but that's providing there's an act in the tent who doesn't draw a massive/similar fanbase, if you had BBK at the same time they might not, but someone like drenge  second up in the tent (if their third album is well received they might be able to play that high) then they would pull a massive crowd 

Since when did twenty one pilots and BBK share a similar fan base?

20 hours ago, JSmurphy said:

New single from The Killers next week.

Tbf their first single released off this latest album is shite and as much as I love their older stuff (excluding Mr Brightside) I hope they don't headline. Kasabian, a heavier band (Foo, Linkin Park, etc) and an alternative headliner (Gorillaz, Drake etc) would do for me

Edited by OscarEB

1 hour ago, OscarEB said:

Tbf their first single released off this latest album is shite and as much as I love their older stuff (excluding Mr Brightside) I hope they don't headline. Kasabian, a heavier band (Foo, Linkin Park, etc) and an alternative headliner (Gorillaz, Drake etc) would do for me

I think if R&L are having a hip hop headliner then Drake would be a great choice.

42 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I think if R&L are having a hip hop headliner then Drake would be a great choice.

Kanye or Kendrick would be great choices.

Reading is about alternative music, you can't really call Drake alternative anymore based off his recent singles, Drake is much more likely at V anyway.

2 hours ago, Gozpot said:

Kanye or Kendrick would be great choices.

Reading is about alternative music, you can't really call Drake alternative anymore based off his recent singles, Drake is much more likely at V anyway.

Kanye isn't alternative!, he's a hip hop c**t bag! The different is the other two are just hip hop. He sold out 6 02 dates at least, Reading want sales so there is us.