The Stone Roses

Chase & Status

Jake Bugg

NME: Jimmy Eat World

The Pretty Reckless

---

Couple of other possibilities:

KoRn headlining The Pit.

MGMT could appear somewhere, probably high up the NME or 4th down on Main.

Pete Doherty headlining FR Stage? 

Prophets Of Rage opening the main stage? Headlining The Pit? Could even do an NME slot.

Sunflower Bean and Nova Twins are a couple of bands I'd like to see play. Think they'd both go down very well.

Possible secret set from BMTH to prepare for next year's probable headline slot.

Grimes could play.

BMTH, Arctic Monkeys and Royal Blood to headline 2018.

Edited by thelemon

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, RyanS said:

BMTH / Kanye / Kasabian would be an absolute winner for R&L and I really wouldn't be surprised to see it happen.

Yep it does seem to be a really good mix of genres that would still appeal to a young and current audience. However it seems that BMTH are more likely for 2018 right now and Kanye is nothing but a rumour.

31 minutes ago, thelemon said:

I didn't mean SOAD to headline R+L, just be there in some capacity. I mean I never saw them say it was exclusive.

They won't be around and Download wouldn't let one of their headliners play a festival they have competition in sales with, especially as a non-headliner.

interesting that SOAD aren't listed as an exclusive in the same way Aerosmith are (at least not that i can see). i know Aerosmith's is only UK show of the year whereas SOAD may well have their own shows as well as Download, but could mean they appear at another festival lower down (not that i'm expecting it - just something to mull and be shot down over)

10 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

interesting that SOAD aren't listed as an exclusive in the same way Aerosmith are (at least not that i can see). i know Aerosmith's is only UK show of the year whereas SOAD may well have their own shows as well as Download, but could mean they appear at another festival lower down (not that i'm expecting it - just something to mull and be shot down over)

If it's another festival, it'll be Glastonbury in all likelihood. Not long after all their other dates and is often not included in exclusivity clauses.

I also can't see Download letting one of their headliners play R&L as a sub without having someone mega on the line up as another headliner. (Metallica or GnR for instance)

Too big for Bloodstock and they wont share a headliner.
Not the right fit for IoW.
Not the right fit for TITP anymore.
R&L I said above.
Not the right fit for Bestival.

Only place it could be IF they do another festival (which is unlikely) is Glastonbury.

3 minutes ago, Gozpot said:

If it's another festival, it'll be Glastonbury in all likelihood. Not long after all their other dates and is often not included in exclusivity clauses.

I also can't see Download letting one of their headliners play R&L as a sub without having someone mega on the line up as another headliner. (Metallica or GnR for instance)

R&L I said above.

Only place it could be IF they do another festival (which is unlikely) is Glastonbury.

yeah i was thinking of Glastonbury more than any other festival - definitely won't be any of the others. i still don't think it'll happen but the lack of exclusivity makes it seem more likely than before imo

5 hours ago, Gozpot said:

R&L I said above.

Surely this would mean Glastonbury wouldn't be the festival stopping them being an exclusive, seeing as they could announce them as an exclusive and them still play Glasto (Glasto being excluded from exclusivity claims)?

Saying that, if they're at another fest it would surely be Glasto. But I don't think they will be, I think it's just that they may have other non-fest dates unlike Aerosmith.

7 minutes ago, Pop Punk Sucks said:

System at Glastonbury. Haha. I've heard it all now. 

So SoaD can't yet in the last 5 years they've had Bring Me The Horizon, Royal Blood twice, ZZ Top, Motorhead, Enter Shikari twice, Metallica, QOTSA and others. Plenty of metal and hard rock bands play at Glastonbury.

6 minutes ago, Gozpot said:

So SoaD can't yet in the last 5 years they've had Bring Me The Horizon, Royal Blood twice, ZZ Top, Motorhead, Enter Shikari twice, Metallica, QOTSA and others. Plenty of metal and hard rock bands play at Glastonbury.

You were doing well then said RB. They are nothing like the others.