2017 festival

kaosmark2

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Forget everything any band says about the 'sound' of their next album. Those guys in particular - didn't they say that Drown wasn't indicative of the album and wouldn't be on the album unless they were desperate? And it's on isn't it?

Yeah it's always a load of bollocks. A lot of bands shouldn't be allowed to talk about their own music. I swear Kings of Leon have been "going back to their roots" for about 3 albums now.

36 minutes ago, Gozpot said:

Personal favourite was this gem by Biffy on Ellipsis.

dfgffg.png

Hahaha! Fuck me. Death Grips! I've only heard Howl and I don't think I could think of anything further from Death Grips, and from what I've heard about the rest of the album it sounds like the whole thing is equally bland and uninspiring. 

2 minutes ago, Odessa said:

Hahaha! Fuck me. Death Grips! I've only heard Howl and I don't think I could think of anything further from Death Grips, and from what I've heard about the rest of the album it sounds like the whole thing is equally bland and uninspiring. 

3/4 good songs on the album, the rest of it is just typical of Biffys last couple of albums. I don't see where Deafheaven or Death Grips ever came in.

10 hours ago, Yellow_Fellow said:

Tame Impala could headline outright btw

Eventually...

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

9 minutes ago, Pop Punk Sucks said:

Yeah the Deafhaven/Death Grips thing with Biffy was very strange. 

They must have been taking the piss. It's probably a really annoying question for bands so it'd be really tempting to throw out strange influences for the fuck of it. Also I doubt it's possible to be that deluded about what your sound is.

9 hours ago, dentalplan said:

They must have been taking the piss. It's probably a really annoying question for bands so it'd be really tempting to throw out strange influences for the fuck of it. Also I doubt it's possible to be that deluded about what your sound is.

Biffy Clyro had some shit to say just for the fuck of it. 

1 hour ago, VCK said:

Just a thought and not actually a serious prediction, but how would Coldplay be received if they were booked to headline? I know they're not really a "Reading and Leeds band" but was just thinking of potential headliners that haven't already been suggested.

Obviously it would never happen as you implied but I reckon they'd go down no worse than your average headliner at R&L. I don't think the size of their crowd would reflect quite how big they are but it wouldn't be small.

http://www.nme.com/news/bring-me-the-horizon-headline-reading-leeds-future-1769955#5CbxMigFTWTom87F.99

More from Bring Me The Horizon. In this they say that they would rather headline Reading & Leeds over Download, that when they do headline they want to do it as accomplished headliners and not co-headline or share it with anyone else and that he feels they will be ready for it with a new album. 

When you read the full interview it definitely comes across as a bit of a middle finger to Download, perhaps fueling those rumours of them being asked to headline and then DL changing their minds. New album out for next Autumn, similar to That's The Spirit's release time? 

2 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

http://www.nme.com/news/bring-me-the-horizon-headline-reading-leeds-future-1769955#5CbxMigFTWTom87F.99

More from Bring Me The Horizon. In this they say that they would rather headline Reading & Leeds over Download, that when they do headline they want to do it as accomplished headliners and not co-headline or share it with anyone else and that he feels they will be ready for it with a new album. 

When you read the full interview it definitely comes across as a bit of a middle finger to Download, perhaps fueling those rumours of them being asked to headline and then DL changing their minds. New album out for next Autumn, similar to That's The Spirit's release time? 

They mentioned people wanting a gap of at least a year between seeing them after this arena tour before they headline R&L so this counts them out of 2017

2 hours ago, VCK said:

Just a thought and not actually a serious prediction, but how would Coldplay be received if they were booked to headline? I know they're not really a "Reading and Leeds band" but was just thinking of potential headliners that haven't already been suggested.

Before Mumfords headlined I'd have said no but fuck it. They'd probably be better suited elsewhere but not utterly unsuitable. They're not potential headliners for next year though as they're not doing fests and also might be out of the continent.

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

They'd rather headline R+L... but chose Download in the first place? That's where I can't really get my head around this story (it seems obvious that they'd choose to headline R+L if both offered) but I trust hunty's word so we'll see how it turns out.

For what it's worth, that NME article has shocked me. I fully expect them to Headline outright next year at Reading but It reads that they'd rather do it in 2018.

I do feel the main purpose of the article was to stick a finger up at Download for not giving them the opportunity to headline this year, when it was the perfect opportunity.

31 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Before Mumfords headlined I'd have said no but fuck it. They'd probably be better suited elsewhere but not utterly unsuitable. They're not potential headliners for next year though as they're not doing fests and also might be out of the continent.

They'd rather headline R+L... but chose Download in the first place? That's where I can't really get my head around this story (it seems obvious that they'd choose to headline R+L if both offered) but I trust hunty's word so we'll see how it turns out.

I get what you're saying, but if the rumours are true, whether they chose Download first or not, maybe they've just made a point of saying they'd prefer R&L as an FU to Download? 

Edited by Andre91

4 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

I get what you're saying, but if the rumours are true, whether they chose Download first or not, maybe they've just made a point of saying they'd prefer R&L as an FU to Download? 

I'm sure it was but I just dunno why a band who've openly talked about wanting to break the mainstream - and also talked about wanting to headlining R+L - would reject the double payday, better covered and more esteemed Reading for Download. Especially if they would prefer it anyway. :lol:

7 minutes ago, Pop Punk Sucks said:

I don't think they "chose" Download first, they probably got an offer from Download first. They allegedly first got offered a headline slot for DL this year, but then Rammstein phoned up and they got put on the shelf. They were never gonna headline R/L in 2016 as they subbed in 2015.

The story that we're (or most of us are) basing them headlining off is that they were set to headline Download next year but then they were asked to move down because an act said they could play Download but only their day, so they were all like "no thanks, we'll see if Reading still want us to headline", as they were apparently offered as much as well.

The conflicting bookings are an odd one too because Download and R+L are run under the same roof but idk - if there's anything I learn on these boards it's how much I don't know shit about festivals.

Soad, blink, green day and linkin park for nova rock the week of download. 

Thought everyone was adamant blink weren't here till July? In fact pop punk sucks was being quite the dick about it. 

Edit. Wrong thread. Still relevant as some are saying they're playing Leeds in August. Can't see travis making two boat trips.

Edited by lightning1000