2017 festival

kaosmark2

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Talking of parallels; Kings of Leon I'm starting to see as a bigger possibility. Much like RHCP, there'll be loads of people that grew up on their late-noughties radio rock and won't remember them making a hash of it last time. Could have a bit of a resurgence like the Chili men have had this year.

Tried to sneak into Lollapalooza to catch some KOL but mates bottled it so didn't get to see em. Caught a glimpse of Caleb and heard Supersoaker from outside the fence and it sounded alright. They were shit when I saw them in 2013 and the songs they played on Jools the other week sucked.

That's all I have to say on Kings of Leon but I don't think they'll play.

1 hour ago, Will-2609 said:

Tried to sneak into Lollapalooza to catch some KOL but mates bottled it so didn't get to see em. Caught a glimpse of Caleb and heard Supersoaker from outside the fence and it sounded alright. They were shit when I saw them in 2013 and the songs they played on Jools the other week sucked.

That's all I have to say on Kings of Leon but I don't think they'll play.

That song was a jam. The album wasn't exactly solid but was at least some way there whereas this latest stuff sounds like Two Door Cinema Club... well, I imagine.

I'd forgotten they'd done Lollapalooza this year. Bit odd that FR scrabbled around for a replacement Reading headliner and put Fall Out Boy in a headline slot when they'd booked KOL for a festival in Germany two weeks later. But it probably doesn't work as easy as that so

On 08/10/2016 at 0:41 AM, TommyLittler said:

My bets on potential headliners:

Greenday(New album they have to play Leeds)

Killers (resurfacing)

Kings of Leon (new music)

Kasabian

Guns n roses (my bets on them playing download or glastonbury though)

Possibly a co headline from bands such as royal blood and Kaiser Chiefs 

Bands which I think will definitely be there elsewhere:

Catfish and the bottlemen 

wombats

Bands which I'm hoping will play and I have a feeling deep down they may:

Stone roses

Blink182

Green Day are doing BST, they won't be doing R&L.

The Killers are a maybe, could see them going down well, everyone knows a handful of their tracks.

KoL, less likely than the Killers probably but still possible, unlikely though, doubt it'd go down all that well.

Kasabian seem to be in the same position as The Killers do, except The Killers haven't played as recently.

Guns N Roses will probably just end up doing their own shows, Glasto won't pay how much they want, Download might do but chance are they will do their own shows.

Catfish are nailed on to play the festival, The Wombats have played two years in a row, don't see them coming back next year.

Stone Roses, i'd expect to be at Glasto but you never know.

Blink-182 have played twice in the last 6 years and are rumoured to be touring July, not going to happen.

Thought I'd throw a few names in that haven't really been mentioned yet but I think could potentially headline/co-headline. M Let me know what you think. 

Florence - Not sure what her plans were but last time she was at R/L it went down well and she did brilliantly headlining Glasto. 

Prodigy - Nearly 10 years since they last played as a sub and they put on one hell of a live show. 

Eminem - New album coming out and put on a good set last time and would probably go down even better with this newer crowd, only headlined 4 years ago but that's generally enough time for R/L. 

21 hours ago, BeddingatReading said:

Thought I'd throw a few names in that haven't really been mentioned yet but I think could potentially headline/co-headline. M Let me know what you think. 

Florence - Not sure what her plans were but last time she was at R/L it went down well and she did brilliantly headlining Glasto. 

Prodigy - Nearly 10 years since they last played as a sub and they put on one hell of a live show. 

Eminem - New album coming out and put on a good set last time and would probably go down even better with this newer crowd, only headlined 4 years ago but that's generally enough time for R/L. 

20 years since 'Fat of the land' so a possibility.

Seems strange that since they released 'The day is my enemy' I have been To Reading twice, Download twice and Glastonbury twice and The Prodigy didn't play any of them.

went to watch them in Reading Rivermeade last year though and they were fantastic, still got it.

51 minutes ago, rivalschools.price said:

20 years since 'Fat of the land' so a possibility.

Seems strange that since they released 'The day is my enemy' I have been To Reading twice, Download twice and Glastonbury twice and The Prodigy didn't play any of them.

went to watch them in Reading Rivermeade last year though and they were fantastic, still got it.

I don't see the anniversary upping their chances of playing, seems like every year they could play and they never get booked, get this feeling that if they aren't booked this year they'll probably never play again now, too many current dance acts to book that they don't need them.

On 08/10/2016 at 1:44 PM, dentalplan said:

Talking of parallels; Kings of Leon I'm starting to see as a bigger possibility. Much like RHCP, there'll be loads of people that grew up on their late-noughties radio rock and won't remember them making a hash of it last time. Could have a bit of a resurgence like the Chili men have had this year.

They've always been big enough, just depends whether FR can make the link between who they (and their new stuff) appeal to and who they see as the standard R&L crowd. If they think the album will be popular enough in the indie rock spectrum and will get decent airplay on Radio One and XFM I'm sure they'll be a very viable possibility. 

They were nowhere near as bad as the Chillis so I imagine enough water has passed under the bridge to re-book them without much backlash.

9 hours ago, willutalk said:

Having early stabs at the headliners.

The Prodigy

The xx/Alt-J (co-headlining)

The Stone Roses

The Prodigy probably won't still be touring by next year (and i doubt they'd outright headline), The xx and Stone Roses will more than likely be at Glastonbury (with The xx doing Bestival as well i bet). Alt-J have just announced they're working on album 3 so i guess they could be a contender although they may take a little longer to get it out (not sure how far in they are)

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

The Prodigy probably won't still be touring by next year (and i doubt they'd outright headline), The xx and Stone Roses will more than likely be at Glastonbury (with The xx doing Bestival as well i bet). Alt-J have just announced they're working on album 3 so i guess they could be a contender although they may take a little longer to get it out (not sure how far in they are)

I'm quite out of the loop with who's about at the mo. Have been planning Gap Yah work. So long time off the forums and therefore quite rusty. Trying to get myself back into the swing of things at eFesters! Nevertheless good to be back and chatting with my fellow forumers definitely @FloorFiller included!

I know everyone may not be a massive fan of You Me At Six but anyone that is a music fan and has twitter if you could go onto his twitter Josh Franceschi (@joshmeatsix) and re-tweet his most recent posts regarding touting. If you all care about live music and want touting to stop I think supporting any band and getting any information to stop it out there to anyone who cares about music will help the cause. Social media is a powerful tool nowadays. It's also worth keeping a check on @scarletmist and @Twickets who sell face value or less tickets. So a genuine fan to fan re-sale website unlike getmein/seatwave and viagogo.  

6 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I've not been following this thread, so would someone like to update me with what you think the strongest possibilities are for who might headline...?

Thanks.

Kasabian are the biggest expectation and the newer act being someone like Royal Blood or Bring Me the Horizon. The Strokes, Kanye West, Kings of Leon, The Killers and Paramore have also been touted a bit.

Edited by dentalplan

9 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Wow looks like the guy really just discovered ticket touting.

I know but I think the only way to get it resolved is getting bands/venues etc. who have power to support it. Not saying it's the answer but the only way things will get done if people get behind it and really support it and I'm sure everyone on here including myself is pretty sick of it tbh.

1 hour ago, foolee said:

I know but I think the only way to get it resolved is getting bands/venues etc. who have power to support it. Not saying it's the answer but the only way things will get done if people get behind it and really support it and I'm sure everyone on here including myself is pretty sick of it tbh.

Yeah I agree it needs stamping out but I guess I just found it weird that he's so late to making a statement about it when he's been in a band playing undoubtedly touted gigs and festivals for years. Looking forward to what he has to say about Kony. :P

But yeah I'm not trying to shit on his message and your sharing of it - share it along guys.

Edited by dentalplan