2017 festival

kaosmark2

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, thelemon said:

Are The Killers on a comeback? I'd agree with The Strokes, except they've not reaply got any bigger since 2011, and they only co-headlined then. I'd love them to play though.

Not sure if you can call it a comeback but they're in the studio recording a new album which you'd presume would be available before next years festival. I think if the album is taken to more than their last, they're in with a shout. I can envisage a R&L audience lapping up Mr. Brightside / Somebody Told Me / Smile Like You Mean It / When You Were Young / Human etc. Having said that I wouldn't be all that surprised to see them at BST either.

Edited by JSmurphy

18 hours ago, JSmurphy said:

Not sure if you can call it a comeback but they're in the studio recording a new album which you'd presume would be available before next years festival. I think if the album is taken to more than their last, they're in with a shout. I can envisage a R&L audience lapping up Mr. Brightside / Somebody Told Me / Smile Like You Mean It / When You Were Young / Human etc. Having said that I wouldn't be all that surprised to see them at BST either.

I think they'd be great. I'm not really that much of a fan but I've heard they're really good live.

15 minutes ago, Pop Punk Sucks said:

You Me At Six nowhere near as big as BMTH. Would be farcical to see them co-headline alongside them. Although we did get Biffy and FOB...

Currently, yes. Assuming that YMAS are about to have as big a year with their new album as BMTH did on the release of Sempiternal and TTS then they could well be up there. It's not ridiculous considering people are also throwing Royal Blood in the mix to sub or even co-headline. It would sell tickets if both YMAS & BMTH were to be exclusive for UK events as YMAS have sold out the O2 (albeit with ATL) which is a similar situation to BMTH when they did Wembley Arena in 2014.

2 hours ago, AndrewSmith said:

Currently, yes. Assuming that YMAS are about to have as big a year with their new album as BMTH did on the release of Sempiternal and TTS then they could well be up there. It's not ridiculous considering people are also throwing Royal Blood in the mix to sub or even co-headline. It would sell tickets if both YMAS & BMTH were to be exclusive for UK events as YMAS have sold out the O2 (albeit with ATL) which is a similar situation to BMTH when they did Wembley Arena in 2014.

The 'intimate' tour they announced started the other day and they only sold out half the venues, with practically all shows reselling for under face value. I must have mentioned it half a dozen times so sorry for being repetitive about this but there's just no chance they're headlining and this is the signal of a band on the way down - it's pretty similar to what happened with BFMV on their last album actually.

I think they're a good shout for NME headliners but they certainly won't be headlining main, probably won't be subbing and would definitely place below Royal Blood in future events.

Edited by dentalplan

My bets on potential headliners:

Greenday(New album they have to play Leeds)

Killers (resurfacing)

Kings of Leon (new music)

Kasabian

Guns n roses (my bets on them playing download or glastonbury though)

Possibly a co headline from bands such as royal blood and Kaiser Chiefs 

Bands which I think will definitely be there elsewhere:

Catfish and the bottlemen 

wombats

Bands which I'm hoping will play and I have a feeling deep down they may:

Stone roses

Blink182

Edited by TommyLittler