2017 festival

kaosmark2

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

23 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Paramore couldn't have headlined in 2012 - sub was definitely right for them. people were questioning their status as a co-headliner in 2014. it would've been a big push if they'd have done it outright in 2012, especially considering they were (at Leeds, at least) dreadful that year

Which was silly as they were clearly big enough to headline outright.

1 hour ago, thewayiam said:

Which was silly as they were clearly big enough to headline outright.

I don't think that Paramore were big enough in 2012 at all. They had released one EP since Brand New Eyes, which was the album they were touring in 2010 when they subbed. 2014 and the release of the self titled album was when they were ready, because that album got them loads more mainstream attention than they had already. 

*edit* I misread that. I apologise! 

Edited by Andre91

On 09/09/2016 at 3:30 PM, Pop Punk Sucks said:

You Me At Six are clearly trying to branch out into the mainstream with the new direction they're going in. Who knows whether it will actually work or not though. 

I'd be surprised. If their lead single is consistent with the upcoming album, jumping on an already done-to-death post-El Camino blues rock wave seems much more desperate than calculated and I'd think that a lot of the folk they're trying to appeal to will know YMAS as one of Britain's foremost pop punk bands and give them a wide berth because of it. Could be wrong but as said, I'd be surprised if it took off for them and I should think if you compare the listener/sales stats on the lead tracks off BMTH's last two and YMAS' upcoming one and last one I guess there's a case for the difference between a successful shift and a less-than one.

How come all your posts are getting downvoted? You been making enemies?

6 hours ago, thewayiam said:

nope. As much as I retain an interest in the fest the less it books I like the better.....as £60 for a day is a lot more tempting. 

Need to listen to more QOTSA fam

1 hour ago, Pop Punk Sucks said:

Went into QOTSA set at Reading with an open mind. Left after 20 minutes to watch Giggs instead. 

Really? I thought they were easily the best headliner that weekend. Only act that I thought were better than them was The Wonder Years and that is probably due to the fact that I fangirl all over TWY

9 hours ago, justanothername said:

Need to listen to more QOTSA fam

Really? I thought they were easily the best headliner that weekend. Only act that I thought were better than them was The Wonder Years and that is probably due to the fact that I fangirl all over TWY

And that is exactly why I don't lol, they have probably 3 songs I'll listen to but that's it.