2017 festival

kaosmark2

9 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Aye I guess they could've subbed on an exclusive or some shit but they've done themselves a favour by playing to more crowds and perhaps picked up more money along the way. I think Foals and Disclosure both doing other festivals was good for them too.

If they are wanting to headline after the next album they do need to stop touring so damn heavy for a while though

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, KingPin said:

If they are wanting to headline after the next album they do need to stop touring so damn heavy for a while though

if there's another 2 and a half/3 year gap between albums i'm sure they will've long finished touring this album by the time the third is released and people will be eager for their return again. i'd bet good money that they'll be a co-headliner in 2019 if they can keep the momentum up (which i imagine they will)

Prediction:

Blink 182
You Me At Six
Twenty One Pilots
Twin Atlantic

BMTH/30STM
Royal Blood
Run The Jewels

Kasabian
Bastille
Catfish and The Bottlemen
Wolf Alice

NME Headliners:
Major Lazer
Jamie T
Enter Shikari

Major Lazer might be too big for NME tent but couldn't think of another dance type act. Also thinking Jake Bugg could be there but think he's NME sub level if that now.

48 minutes ago, Pop Punk Sucks said:

Twenty One Pilots way bigger than YMA6 now. They just sold out Ally Pally twice in a combined time of like 5 minutes. 

No they aren't, you might be forgetting the arena tour that YM@6 did early last year. Motorpoint Cardiff, Genting Arena, SSE Hydro, MEN Arena and The 02 Arena. TOP will be high but Jamie T played 3rd after selling two nights at Ally Pally very quick too. YM@6 given recent are not out of the equation to co-headline as their tour was massively bigger than Foals/Disclosure, FOB's most recent tour wasn't as big even.

25 minutes ago, Pop Punk Sucks said:

Not saying YMA6 couldn't co-headline, but would be pretty dumb to put them ahead of twenty one pilots on Main Stage during the same day. Don't forget that tour they did was a co-headline with All Time Low. 

I know, who played 4th down after that tour when YM@6 had already played 3rd the year before. It was a co-headline tour but I think it's fairly easy to see what the biggest attraction there was. It wouldn't be dumb as they are the bigger band, one is just around more so atm due to material and one are away planning.

1 hour ago, thewayiam said:

I know, who played 4th down after that tour when YM@6 had already played 3rd the year before. It was a co-headline tour but I think it's fairly easy to see what the biggest attraction there was. It wouldn't be dumb as they are the bigger band, one is just around more so atm due to material and one are away planning.

At the O2 it was only about half full for the ATL set then quickly filled when they finished. I stood at the back bar waiting for them to finish and barely watched as I'd mainly bought my ticket for YM@6. If they're not co-headline, I certainly think they'll be support for headline if their upcoming album is a success (which is likely).

24 minutes ago, AndrewSmith said:

At the O2 it was only about half full for the ATL set then quickly filled when they finished. I stood at the back bar waiting for them to finish and barely watched as I'd mainly bought my ticket for YM@6. If they're not co-headline, I certainly think they'll be support for headline if their upcoming album is a success (which is likely).

I'm a bigger ATL fan that YM@6 so went to their tour after. I'm guessing YM@6 got a longer slot but ATL wanted more of a presence on the tour listing than support or special guest as it works well as a two.

I wouldn't be surprised if Reading went for BMTH/YM@6 as co-headliners, I'm not predicting it but it's a chance. I then see Blink and Kasabian. MCR atm don't have enough for me to be considered as yet and it depends when the Paramore new  album comes out as Reading will jump on them no doubt, they sell a lot of tickets for the festival. 

BMTH / YMAS co-headline is cool as long as Josh comes out and does Fuck with them. 

Mind you, Sam Carter was at Ally Pally and came out with Neck Deep, and BMTH didn't take that chance to play The Sadness Will Never End, so they will probably just play Follow You twice instead... :lol: 

In all seriousness though, a BMTH / YMAS co-headline would shift a tonne of tickets, I'm sure, as they both have rabid fan bases.

Edited by Andre91

once again, just cannot see BMTH being ready with a new album by the time of next years festival as they're still in the middle of touring TTS and it'd mean they've literally been away for about six months if they were to return so soon. 2018 for them (at either R/L or Download - could go either way). Royal Blood will surely be one of next years co-headliners, anyway (if we're assuming they're not gonna have two sets of co-headliners again, which i don't think they will)

Edited by FloorFiller

4 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

BMTH / YMAS co-headline is cool as long as Josh comes out and does Fuck with them. 

Mind you, Sam Carter was at Ally Pally and came out with Neck Deep, and BMTH didn't take that chance to play The Sadness Will Never End, so they will probably just play Follow You twice instead... :lol: 

In all seriousness though, a BMTH / YMAS co-headline would shift a tonne of tickets, I'm sure, as they both have rabid fan bases.

They shouldn't play Follow You once, let alone twice lol.

It would shift tickets, and they would go and be twats and put someone fairly decent on before them.....but that's the aim of how to tempt people into buying more than one day.

8 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

once again, just cannot see BMTH being ready with a new album by the time of next years festival as they're still in the middle of touring TTS and it'd mean they've literally been away for about six months if they were to return so soon. 2018 for them (at either R/L or Download - could go either way). Royal Blood will surely be one of next years co-headliners, anyway (if we're assuming they're not gonna have two sets of co-headliners again, which i don't think they will)

BMTH are already teasing the release of a new single

4 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

christ really? wouldn't surprise me to see a deluxe edition of TTS released with one or two new songs tacked on, but maybe i should just shut my mouth regarding them not releasing an album in time...

You could be right tbf, 4 days ago Oli posted a photo of a new logo for their next single and asked if anyone could guess the name of it. We could just see a deluxe album release but who knows they are working hard at the moment so we could see 3 or 4 songs released by August and then that would push them to headline Reading, they are already capable imo.

blink-182, BMTH & YMAS, and Kasabian does very little for me but would probably sell okay. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Paramore at V Festival next year, along with an out-and-out Pop headliner (although Paramore ain't too far from that these days anyway), Rihanna maybe? 

R&L: blink-182, BMTH & YMAS, Kasabian
V: Paramore, Rihanna
Glastonbury: Radiohead, Ed Sheeran, The Stone Roses
Download: Green Day, Metallica, Avenged Sevenfold

???: Gorillaz, The Smashing Pumpkins, The Killers, Linkin Park, Thirty Seconds to Mars, My Chemical Romance, Royal Blood, Pendulum, Prophets of Rage, Queens of the Stone Age, Kings of Leon

I'd pretty much take any three of those ^^^ over those R&L headliners. 

Edited by JSmurphy

1 hour ago, JSmurphy said:

blink-182, BMTH & YMAS, and Kasabian does very little for me but would probably sell okay. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Paramore at V Festival next year, along with an out-and-out Pop headliner (although Paramore ain't too far from that these days anyway), Rihanna maybe? 

R&L: blink-182, BMTH & YMAS, Kasabian
V: Paramore, Rihanna
Glastonbury: Radiohead, Ed Sheeran, The Stone Roses
Download: Green Day, Metallica, Avenged Sevenfold

???: Gorillaz, The Smashing Pumpkins, The Killers, Linkin Park, Thirty Seconds to Mars, My Chemical Romance, Royal Blood, Pendulum, Prophets of Rage, Queens of the Stone Age, Kings of Leon

I'd pretty much take any three of those ^^^ over those R&L headliners. 

can't see Paramore doing V at all. don't think it would sell well to their audience who are more all about EDM and all out pop and the laddyest of lad bands. not sure where Paramore will end up mind, if anywhere

Edited by FloorFiller

C'mon guys get with the program, we've known that Blink are doing Download for ages....

Anyway Royal Blood will sub next year, I highly doubt that they'll be a co-headliner.

Also if YM@6/BMTH do co-headline I really really hope Oli comes on stage for Bite my Tongue, would be silly otherwise. Also a YM@6/BMTH co-headline would be one of the few that makes the most sense IMO, with quite a bit of fan crossover.

I just want Pearl Jam :(