2017 festival

kaosmark2

4 hours ago, Andre91 said:

BMTH/Royal Blood (co-headline), Kasabian, MCR. 

I don't think you'll be far away tbh but reckon a Paramore appearance has a good chance too. I would be surprised if they got BMTH to co-headline in a way because they don't really need to. Royal Blood aren't there yet.

I'm not sure you can write off Reading beating Download to Blink, the latest person with that info isn't a known bullshitter from what I am aware?

Edited by thewayiam

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah unless they actually say it's a reunion then it's hardly their fault when people jump to conclusions. They literally just put a short video of a flag on their social media and they're being called out for misleading fans...

Promotion seems to have worked considering we now know there is a Black Parade reissue. :lol: And within every large fanbase there will be plenty that go and buy a reissued album with some rubbish tat added on so it won't be a waste of time.

Tbh the fact the video literally had The Black Parade playing in it surely suggested it was going to be something involving that song. The logical conclusion to jump to would then be a reissue.

The video was to build up hype. They're not going to purposely build up less hype in case the announcement lets a few people down. It's like festival organisers claiming they've booked their biggest lineup ever and then announcing Fall Out Boy and Disclosure as headliners.

12 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Tbh the fact the video literally had The Black Parade playing in it surely suggested it was going to be something involving that song. The logical conclusion to jump to would then be a reissue.

The video was to build up hype. They're not going to purposely build up less hype in case the announcement lets a few people down. It's like festival organisers claiming they've booked their biggest lineup ever and then announcing Fall Out Boy and Disclosure as headliners.

Apparently they deleted their tweets announcing their break up and that too, but I haven't checked that myself. I'm not even particularly arsed, I would like to see them but I'm not gonna lose any sleep over it, and I stand by it being a dick move. Building hype cos you're suggesting something might happen that all your fans want, and then just announcing a bit of a cash in...I'd be gutted if someone I'm really into had done this.

34 minutes ago, Odessa said:

Building hype cos you're suggesting something might happen that all your fans want

Unless they did delete those tweets like you say, they didn't suggest a reunion (even if they did reunite I don't see the point in doing that). As I said, the video had a song from a ten year old album playing, and had 'MCRX' at the end of it, suggesting there was something relating to ten years in what they were going to do. A reissue of the album from ten years ago featuring that song was the most logical assumption to make.

2 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Unless they did delete those tweets like you say, they didn't suggest a reunion (even if they did reunite I don't see the point in doing that). As I said, the video had a song from a ten year old album playing, and had 'MCRX' at the end of it, suggesting there was something relating to ten years in what they were going to do. A reissue of the album from ten years ago featuring that song was the most logical assumption to make.

well considering almost everybody jumped to 'Black Parade anniversary tour' first, i think that might've been the most logical assumption to make. a reissue came next, but i definitely thought it'd be a tour with a reissue, rather than just the latter (although i guess that was more wishful thinking on my/most other fans parts - them reforming does seem a bit early, and i'm fairly confident that it'll happen somewhere along the line anyway, so no biggie. guess the hype that came with the video has at least assured them that when they do, they'll have no problem selling it round)

21 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

well considering almost everybody jumped to 'Black Parade anniversary tour' first, i think that might've been the most logical assumption to make. a reissue came next, but i definitely thought it'd be a tour with a reissue, rather than just the latter (although i guess that was more wishful thinking on my/most other fans parts - them reforming does seem a bit early, and i'm fairly confident that it'll happen somewhere along the line anyway, so no biggie. guess the hype that came with the video has at least assured them that when they do, they'll have no problem selling it round)

Yeah I think wishful thinking probably played a large part in most people's thinking. Personally I couldn't care less about them coming back so there was nothing to get my hopes up about.

5 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

A pox on the house of whoever does MCR's marketing. I'd already darkened my clothes and struck a violent pose in preparation for the event.

i'd always thought it was 'violin pose'. i've been air violining to that bit for 10 years. i've never felt like more of a failure as i do right now

To be fair they released the video, deleted their break up tweets, took out the 2001-2013 in their twitter header, the sign they released in the pictures means resurrection, made a new website/new merch and on the tour page it now states Check back soon for more details on the upcoming tour which it didn't used to so I think it's safe to say people weren't just wishful thinking or jumping to any conclusions.

5 hours ago, foolee said:

To be fair they released the video, deleted their break up tweets, took out the 2001-2013 in their twitter header, the sign they released in the pictures means resurrection, made a new website/new merch and on the tour page it now states Check back soon for more details on the upcoming tour which it didn't used to so I think it's safe to say people weren't just wishful thinking or jumping to any conclusions.

Yeah a reunion is still on the cards. This is just a pr move to build anticipation. I mentioned to a few people in private messages last year that they were in talks with a couple of festivals but it ended up coming to nothing. 

Edit In fact beez mentioned the same thing on today's that's not metal podcast 

Edited by lightning1000

3 hours ago, Muppetmark said:

A7X doing a january arena tour, Reading perhaps then? 

Nah Download, Slipknot got booked for an arena tour around the same time. That's very strong too as Disturbed were on arenas not that long back. The worst part is they won't be touring here themselves for a while yet.

Are Avenged Sevenfold bigger than Slipknot? Surely not?

Just surprised this tour is more expensive than my Slipnot ticket was in February (which was the same price as I paid last year when they had Korn as support, so I don't think it's cos of Disturbed). 50 odd pound is taking the piss a bit. Probably for the best I give it a miss though as I'll probably have exams on the week they're in Manchester, but I'm a bit gutted about that. Not into a lot of this genre but I enjoy them.

But yeah, absolutely nailed on for Download I'd imagine. Probably wouldn't go down very well at R&L.