2017 festival

kaosmark2

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No disrespect to endswithMJ, but lightning has posted in the Download section that Download want a trio of Blink, Metallica and A7x, and that 2 of the 3 are all but booked, and lightning has a proven track record of getting things right.

It could be that Download wanted Blink but R&L got them, but are they not owned by the same company and so wouldn't be going after the same acts? Don't really know how it works tbh.

And even without this info, Blink at Download next year makes a whole lot more sense than then playing R&L again.

3 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

No disrespect to endswithMJ, but lightning has posted in the Download section that Download want a trio of Blink, Metallica and A7x, and that 2 of the 3 are all but booked, and lightning has a proven track record of getting things right.

It could be that Download wanted Blink but R&L got them, but are they not owned by the same company and so wouldn't be going after the same acts? Don't really know how it works tbh.

And even without this info, Blink at Download next year makes a whole lot more sense than then playing R&L again.

Or someone became available for Download that wouldn't be right for R+L so they shifted Blink over?

Either way, both have form for being right so may as well just ride it out as I'm sure we'll hear further on one of 'em soonish.

5 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Or someone became available for Download that wouldn't be right for R+L so they shifted Blink over?

Either way, both have form for being right so may as well just ride it out as I'm sure we'll hear further on one of 'em soonish.

Yeah true I guess. Didn't know MJ had previous form; apologies.

22 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

jesus imagine if Blink have been booked to headline R/L again. i've gotta believe that they're at Download, 'cause three times in eight years is just absurd

I am seeing BMTH, Paramore and Blink 182.

The problem is that as soon as they booked Blink back after 4 years ago it was just the start of them not having other bands big enough to give them a longer break. 

This being said, some non bullshitters also heard Blink and Metallica or Download but didn't 100% know a 3rd. I think though one was still talking and someone believes that BMTH will headline a fest next year over here but it won't be Download.

20 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

BMTH, Paramore and Blink all to headline in the same year? Not a chance. That would be appealing to a very limited target audience. I would be in that target audience as I love all three, but there isn't much variety there at all. 

And you think that if they are willing to book them again already they care about that?. Now it is all about if they sell and those will massively appeal to the attendee. You say that but 16-19 year olds would lap it up and that is the target audience. 

1 hour ago, thewayiam said:

And you think that if they are willing to book them again already they care about that?. Now it is all about if they sell and those will massively appeal to the attendee. You say that but 16-19 year olds would lap it up and that is the target audience. 

I don't think 16-19 year olds would lap up that trio at all. Blink are much more popular with people in the twenties and thirties than teenagers these days, and Paramore aren't too far off that. BMTH are the only ones I would expect a massive chunk of the 16-19 audience to be hugely bothered about. It wouldn't happen. 

13 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

I don't think 16-19 year olds would lap up that trio at all. Blink are much more popular with people in the twenties and thirties than teenagers these days, and Paramore aren't too far off that. BMTH are the only ones I would expect a massive chunk of the 16-19 audience to be hugely bothered about. It wouldn't happen. 

Paramore are more popular than tphey ever have been right now, they'd have a very wide ranging audience, Blink would be an older audience but they're still going to be popular with 16-19 year olds. That trio won't happen purely because they'd cut out so many people from going because of how similar the bands are. There will definitely be either a rock or indie band as headliner, not two pop punk and one metal.

5 minutes ago, Gozpot said:

Paramore are more popular than tphey ever have been right now, they'd have a very wide ranging audience, Blink would be an older audience but they're still going to be popular with 16-19 year olds. That trio won't happen purely because they'd cut out so many people from going because of how similar the bands are. There will definitely be either a rock or indie band as headliner, not two pop punk and one metal.

You know that all 3 would be looked at as rock bands.

23 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Really? Way more younger than older people I know would be bothered. They didn't book them in 2014 again because the majority goer is mid 20s or above.

For what it's worth, the 2 I'd heard were already signed up were blink and Metallica for download, with avenged pencilled in. 

Heard it straight from the mouth of a couple of magazine writers at this years festival. However  that's not where I've got stuff from that's been right in the past so I might have been getting fucked with, but can't see any reason why they'd do that. 

On 16/07/2016 at 10:35 PM, lightning1000 said:

For what it's worth, the 2 I'd heard were already signed up were blink and Metallica for download, with avenged pencilled in. 

Heard it straight from the mouth of a couple of magazine writers at this years festival.

because Copping tells everything to random mag writers but keeps it all a secret from those who need to know...? :P

On 7/16/2016 at 10:35 PM, lightning1000 said:

Heard it straight from the mouth of a couple of magazine writers at this years festival. However  that's not where I've got stuff from that's been right in the past so I might have been getting fucked with, but can't see any reason why they'd do that. 

I'd be interested to see the outcome of this. I agree that Blink playing Download make a whole lot more sense than playing Reading. 

I've got a more reason to believe my source but completely understand that you've been spot on with information in the past :)

3 hours ago, Stuielooie said:

Catfish to possibly be co-headlining next year due to their arena tour happening later this year?

No chance of them co headlining next year, 3rd at highest, maybe even 4th/NME headline

1 hour ago, foolee said:

Where would Jamie T play on the lineup?

Played 3rd last year, so depends on how the new album does. I would say sub at best, more likely NME headline/3rd again if he does play

3 hours ago, DMCJ2 said:

No chance of them co headlining next year, 3rd at highest, maybe even 4th/NME headline

They'd be an acceptable sub (tho sub can quite often also be 3rd down now) next year, I reckon. They shift massive numbers very quickly and and a big exclusive show before a headliner with crossover would be quite a big seller.