2017 festival

kaosmark2

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Depends on the viability of the new headliners, R&L would be silly to pass up on a cheap, reliable ticket-shifter

Something like Tame Impala would be more exciting and a lot more progressive, however I doubt they'll be on tour for another summer considering Currents came out in July of last year

5 minutes ago, rawaudioinput said:

Depends on the viability of the new headliners, R&L would be silly to pass up on a cheap, reliable ticket-shifter

Something like Tame Impala would be more exciting and a lot more progressive, however I doubt they'll be on tour for another summer considering Currents came out in July of last year

Would they be a 'reliable ticket shifter'? Their last tour didn't sell that well did it?

Not done anything to really move up to headliner since '09 and they're nowhere to be seen this summer, despite the album only coming out last year and R+L having a bit of a headliner crisis. Don't think it'll happen, personally - not as a headliner anyway.

A reliable ticket-shifter in comparison to some of the smaller names being mentioned, plus I reckon from now on at least one headliner each year will be an electronic act and they fit the bill

It wouldn't be a great booking by any standard but it'd definitely make more sense than an act like YM@6 being bumped up; I think those kind of pop-rock bands have had their day personally, they don't feel particularly in vogue

9 hours ago, rawaudioinput said:

A reliable ticket-shifter in comparison to some of the smaller names being mentioned, plus I reckon from now on at least one headliner each year will be an electronic act and they fit the bill

It wouldn't be a great booking by any standard but it'd definitely make more sense than an act like YM@6 being bumped up; I think those kind of pop-rock bands have had their day personally, they don't feel particularly in vogue

YM@6 shift a lot of tickets but it would suffer the same fate as Friday this year and end up very weak! This being said, bands on your are costing more and more and the festival need to justify their price tag for themselves. 

4 hours ago, thewayiam said:

YM@6 shift a lot of tickets but it would suffer the same fate as Friday this year and end up very weak! This being said, bands on your are costing more and more and the festival need to justify their price tag for themselves. 

trying to understand what you're saying here..

12 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

trying to understand what you're saying here..

Pretty sure he's saying reading and leeds need to stop booking more rocky/pop punky acts as they're not the in thing anymore so don't justify their price tag. Reading between the lines it seems to me that he thinks that Foals should of just been an outright headliner and R+L shouldn't have wasted the money on Fall Out Boy.

Gotta say I agree with Gazza on the latter half at least. Foals are worthy of headlining on their own

2 hours ago, jonodillieono said:

Pretty sure he's saying reading and leeds need to stop booking more rocky/pop punky acts as they're not the in thing anymore so don't justify their price tag. Reading between the lines it seems to me that he thinks that Foals should of just been an outright headliner and R+L shouldn't have wasted the money on Fall Out Boy.

Gotta say I agree with Gazza on the latter half at least. Foals are worthy of headlining on their own

If that is all in reply to me lol then the top isn't what I said.

I'm not going to agree with the last bit tbf although by the looks of it they got a bigger Glasto crowd than Muse. But they have no chance of ever selling their day tickets out after letting thise bookings happen. The thing is that based on close to £100 that Saturday wouldn't be selling out either.

MAIN - PARAMORE//YMAS//ADTR

NME - BASTILLE

MAIN - GREEN DAY//ROYAL BLOOD//WEEZER

NME - ENTER SHIKARI

MAIN - BRING ME THE HORIZON co with PRODIGY// CHASE & STATUS//CASTFISH & THE BOTTLEMAN

NME - MAJOR LAZOR

just a guess but some of them are more certain than others.

7 minutes ago, callum97 said:

MAIN - PARAMORE//YMAS//ADTR

NME - BASTILLE

MAIN - GREEN DAY//ROYAL BLOOD//WEEZER

NME - ENTER SHIKARI

MAIN - BRING ME THE HORIZON co with PRODIGY// CHASE & STATUS//CASTFISH & THE BOTTLEMAN

NME - MAJOR LAZOR

just a guess but some of them are more certain than others.

I would be surpised by Paramore YM@6 again after they folled in 12 under The Cure.

Bastille will be WAY too big for NME headline by then.

When Weezer are below Royal Blood something is wrong.

Let's not just copy Download and put C&S below The Prodigy. The latter aren't likely to get that slot anyway and Catfish won't be essentially 4th down.

2 hours ago, rawaudioinput said:

The 1975 seem to actively be taking slots that are lower than their draw so they can play at every festival under the sun

I'd say they are an anomaly rather than the rule, I can't see R&L making a habit of getting bands who can play two nights at The O2 to headline NME

It would explain their booking slots at both Reading and Glasto. 

Decent lineup but some weird placings. Catfish will be at least third down next time they place, and Tame Impala are bigger than Vampire Weekend now. The Prodigy could headline still, I think. KoRn just aren't an R&L band, and Flume could headline the NME. And I can't see Linkin Park or The Killers playing R&L again.