Sziget 2016

Zero_Newnab

Thanks Andrew!

the city pass certainly seems like a good idea. I understand that it can also get you into the lidos?

A 45 minute trip in and out won't really bother us, and we do intend to do some general exploring of the city too. A trip up the river is definitely on the agenda.

An effects meet is a great idea and would be fun, although I have to admit to being rubbish at committing to these. One year I might actually get to a Glastonbury one, but it hasn't happened yet!

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Andrew!

the city pass certainly seems like a good idea. I understand that it can also get you into the lidos?

A 45 minute trip in and out won't really bother us, and we do intend to do some general exploring of the city too. A trip up the river is definitely on the agenda.

An effects meet is a great idea and would be fun, although I have to admit to being rubbish at committing to these. One year I might actually get to a Glastonbury one, but it hasn't happened yet!

You get one day at any of the lidos but the queues are ridiculous unless you get there early! Make sure you plan around the festival for this and on the day get there really early otherwise you end up queuing for 2 hours+

Hi,

Me and a couple of my mate are thinking of Sziget for next year, I had a few questions.

For the VIP camping/ or caravans, is the prices shown on the website per person? im presuming so since they seem rather cheap.

How far is the walk from the site to the town centre? and how far from Budapest is the site?

also, if we ended up doing just normal camping, whats the best bets for tents/sleeping bags etc, best to get from the town?

Cheers

from site to city - you get the HEV train for a couple of stops until the bridge (Margrit HID its called I think). then you have to change onto the tram. depends where in the city your heading, and which side of the river.

As for sleeping bags and so on....you can get them from the local Auchan supermarket which is 10 mins walk from the festival entrance.

As for caravan prices - you have raised a very good point. I believe a 3 berth was 130 euros so is that 130 each..... basically 390 for a caravan?? I assumed the 130 euros was for the whole caravan? I really need to find the answer to this as I was thinking of getting a 3 berth caravan on my own...but not if they're 390 euros (plus another 130 for the VIP pass that you need)

• 2 weeks later...

I stayed in a wooden hut in the VIP camping area last year... I think it was about 330 Euro for a 4 person hut and about 180 for 2 persons.  The best thing about them is you can lock them to keep your things secure and you have a power supply for charging phones etc.  They were all sold out around March time I think.

It was incredibly hot last year though and most of the huts, caravans and pre-pitched tents are not under any shade.  We found it pretty impossible to get any sleep whatsoever after about 10am as it was like trying to sleep in a sauna.  If I stay in one next year I will definitely be taking an electric fan or something to keep them a bit cooler.  We would normally get up at around 10am when it started getting hot and take the hut mattresses down by the pool under a bit of tree shade to get some extra sleep.  Having said that, I think the temperatures were pretty extreme last year even for Budapest in August...

I highly recommend VIP camping in general though... the pool is brilliant to cool off and relax during the day and you hardly have any queue to use decent (for a festival anyway) toilets and showers. 

11 hours ago, J A C K said:

Hope you weren't one of the ones that had the bedding mats stolen. Was in pre pitched and the security come rooting through everybody's tents :lol:

@kyle82

I think we did have one or two go missing!  :D

We had 3 huts and 10 of the bedding mats between 6 of us though so it was fine.  I slept on two all week.  How hot were the pre-pitched tents to sleep in?  The huts were pretty bad by mid-morning... wish they had been in the shade.

7 hours ago, kyle82 said:

I think we did have one or two go missing!  :D

We had 3 huts and 10 of the bedding mats between 6 of us though so it was fine.  I slept on two all week.  How hot were the pre-pitched tents to sleep in?  The huts were pretty bad by mid-morning... wish they had been in the shade.

Feckin boiling lad. Was runnin off next to no sleep all week given I was getting in 5/6ish then tent was unbearable by 9 when you'd wake up in a sweaty pool loool. Couldn't complain tho, weather was beaut

On 10/11/2015, 18:58:32, J A C K said:

Feckin boiling lad. Was runnin off next to no sleep all week given I was getting in 5/6ish then tent was unbearable by 9 when you'd wake up in a sweaty pool loool. Couldn't complain tho, weather was beaut

i was in Alternativa camping under loads of shade.....tents still pretty dam hot after 10am.

hoping to go pre-pitched caravan next year. trip to Auchan to get some foil for the windows and buy a fan :)    probably feckin rain next year haha :)

We could not make it to Sziget last year but we went to the 3 before that and just booked our flights for Sziget 2016.

amfy: We (me and my wife) are staying off site and always have done; we too enjoy the comfort of a bed somewhere quiet. I have been to many festivals since my first in the mid 80's (almost always camping) and Sziget is up there with the very very best, only Glastonbury compares for atmosphere.

City pass is great - Pick up the city pass at the airport and get the direct free bus to the Sziget Island entrance (about 30mins.) Get your wrist band and use the excellent public transport to your rental / hotel. The pass also gets you entrance to one spar for free (use at an expensive place like gelert to maximise saving) and 20% off entrance to any spar thereafter.

Hoping above hope for Radiohead or Arcade Fire but know this is not likely. If any from Beck, Foo Fighters, Muse, Massive Attack, Underworld, War on Drugs, Kurt Vile, James, CHIC were to show up I would be happy with the lineup as lots to do other than the music.