Sziget 2016

Zero_Newnab

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello all :-)

Next year will (hopefully) be my first ever Sziget festival. 

I hope somebody can help me with an issue. I went on to purchase four tickets this afternoon, hoping to make the most of the deal you get for buying in the first 24 hours. After I paid however it says my transaction is being processed and thy will let me know within the next 24 hours whether it was successful!!!

Has anybody else ever had this problem? It's a bit pants considering you only have 24 hours to take advantage of the Sziget Prime offer!!!

Kelly x

16 hours ago, Diocane said:

Coldplay tweetted that there is a second leg of the tour to be announced, maybe with other euro dates... anyway festivals are not so likely. Rihanna is doing european tour at least until 12 august, likely (for the big expensive popstar headline slot). 

Why do you think that festivals are not so likely? 

They are very expensive, they are the most awaited band of the year (or maybe of the last 2-3 years). They said (like in the last tour) that they want to do a big stadium tour with big scenography and special effects. So I don't think they will  do a lot of festivals, maybe just the bigger ones (like all the most awaited bands do): Glasto, Werchter, and some american very rich festivals. Maybe I'm wrong but I can see it happening.

Anyway The Cure are back on tour: may/june Usa, october/november europe. Let's hope for Reading + Leeds + Sziget for them.

4 hours ago, KayTay said:

Hello all :-)

Next year will (hopefully) be my first ever Sziget festival. 

I hope somebody can help me with an issue. I went on to purchase four tickets this afternoon, hoping to make the most of the deal you get for buying in the first 24 hours. After I paid however it says my transaction is being processed and thy will let me know within the next 24 hours whether it was successful!!!

Has anybody else ever had this problem? It's a bit pants considering you only have 24 hours to take advantage of the Sziget Prime offer!!!

Kelly x

Just bought 2 tickets. First attempt was blocked by Halifax secure, second attempt did not go through but no idea why as the bank message was in, I assume Hungarian and vanished before i could copy and paste into google translate. Third attempt said success and expect an e-mail. checked my email 5 mins later and there was an email from sziget that contained a link to the tickets. A bit of a palaver but sorted.

13 hours ago, jjason said:

Just bought 2 tickets. First attempt was blocked by Halifax secure, second attempt did not go through but no idea why as the bank message was in, I assume Hungarian and vanished before i could copy and paste into google translate. Third attempt said success and expect an e-mail. checked my email 5 mins later and there was an email from sziget that contained a link to the tickets. A bit of a palaver but sorted.

Thanks for the reply Jason. Doesn't sound hopeful for my transaction. I tried to pay with Barclaycard first, I went through the verified by visa stage and then it came up and said the transaction couldn't be processed! I then tried again on AMEX and I got this message to say my transaction is pending. Obviously I cannot purchase them again as I don't want a duplicate batch of tickets but it will be annoying if they tell me after the 24 hour deadline has passed that the transaction did not go through for some reason.  Seems a bit of a rubbish system really! I haven't had any emails so far from them, I have checked junk mail too!!

1 minute ago, Bilbo Baggins said:

Send an email to ticket@szigetfestival.com to confirm your booking. Apparently they had problems with their site in the first couple of hours. A lot of people were complaining that they couldn't go through or they were experiencing technical difficulties.

Thanks Bilbo, I have done that but I haven't had a response yet. I posted on their Facebook page too. I had a reply quite quickly yesterday afternoon 9on Facebook) to say there were looking into it and would respond again within a couple of hours but then I did not get any further responses, despite posting a few more messages to remind them.

On 11/24/2015, 6:38:30, Diocane said:

They are very expensive, they are the most awaited band of the year (or maybe of the last 2-3 years). They said (like in the last tour) that they want to do a big stadium tour with big scenography and special effects. So I don't think they will  do a lot of festivals, maybe just the bigger ones (like all the most awaited bands do): Glasto, Werchter, and some american very rich festivals. Maybe I'm wrong but I can see it happening.

Anyway The Cure are back on tour: may/june Usa, october/november europe. Let's hope for Reading + Leeds + Sziget for them.

Robbie Williams was expensive, too. Probably even more than Coldplay. Not getting my hopes down just yet! And I do consider Sziget to be comparable to the size of Werchter or Glasto. But yeah, I can still see why money can be a factor... 

On ‎24‎/‎11‎/‎2015‎ ‎13‎:‎36‎:‎23, Bilbo Baggins said:

They were all sold out by the time we got around to buying the tickets... had to settle for a pre-pitched tent.

Hope you like heat mate :) I know for a fact that last year the pre-pitched tents for VIP and for Alternativa were no where near shade.....my tent was hot and that was in the shade! just find a tree to have a nap under if your tent is hot :)   Mind you last year was hotter than usual.

I managed to get a 2 berth pre-pitched caravan.

If the Foo Fighters play I was be ecstatic!

Edited by doobie ninja

I have a wooden hut, same as last time.

It was too hot during the day but I'll be better prepared next year.  I'll be taking 1 or 2 electric fans and they will be plugged in 24/7 since the huts have a power supply at least...

Hopefully it isn't quite as hot next year though...

1 hour ago, Bilbo Baggins said:

Actually we managed to get a farmhouse, since our first transaction didn't go through, although I have no idea if that would be any better. But saying that.... I'm from Malta so I'm used to the heat :)

oh..haha, i'm from the UK so im not used to the heat :)   I was interested in a Farmhouse but I didn't really know what it was, the English site doesn't show pics or give much details about the camping upgrades.

@kyle82: im going straight to Auchan and buying a fan! or two!

I haven't opted for any kind of upgraded camping. Is there anybody on here who does normal camping? If so (other than in the shade if possible) where are the best places to camp?

I would be surprised if the Foos played. They kind of gave a bit of a goodbye message with their free EP the other day. Sounds like they are going to take a bit of a break. 

1 hour ago, KayTay said:

I haven't opted for any kind of upgraded camping. Is there anybody on here who does normal camping? If so (other than in the shade if possible) where are the best places to camp?

I would be surprised if the Foos played. They kind of gave a bit of a goodbye message with their free EP the other day. Sounds like they are going to take a bit of a break. 

You can find really good spots with normal camping. I can only advise you to arrive early, if possible with the moving-in ticket (it's so beautiful when the festival is being built up and there's not much people around.
The two years I went I camped with Camp Unknown; our location was near the Main Stage under decorated trees. It's really pretty and offers good shade! :)

28 minutes ago, KayTay said:

Thanks Noeliam.

What/where is camp unknown?

Camp Unknown is a little group initially - and still mostly - for people who are going alone to Sziget!

16 minutes ago, thetime said:

Anyone used festicket to but there sziget tickets? Never used them before, reliable?

I used it a month ago to buy my EXIT festival ticket. They seem reliable I have no reason to be doubtful :)
Check this: http://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/topic/206307-festicket/