Weather Thread

jonnyisRFC

BBC's long range outlook sounds horrible (see below) :(

Leeds is probably the most south and east place, you could still consider northwest though, so maybe it'll be alright ;) It doesnt actually look bad on their current specifc forceast for Leeds.

Monday 24 August—Sunday 30 August

The final fortnight of meteorological summer

With high pressure across Scandinavia and low pressure systems approaching the UK from the Atlantic, the weather will always be wettest and windiest in the north and west.

A familiar story continues as we approach the end of meteorological summer with a northwest-southeast split developing in the UK weather. In the northwest expect frequent showers and longer spells of rain accompanied by strong winds at times. Temperatures here will most likely be below average and feeling rather cool. In the southeast the weather will be mainly dry with just occasional showers. Temperatures will be at or above average with some very warm periods, especially when the late summer sun is shining.

Edited by footix2

2013 was the worst. Wednesday was great, but as soon as that rain started Thursday... we went to the Relentless Stage right before it got closed due to flooding, and when I got back to my tent I was soaked, so I packed my bag and walked to my car and slept there. The next night all of my friends joined me in sleeping in their cars too. Best decision we made all weekend. We still had a great weekend regardless, but last year showed us just how much better it can be when the weather is decent.

Edited by Andre91

2008 was my worst ever experience of a wet festival. The festival itself was largerly dry (it rained overnight once), but it pissed down for about a week beforehand and the ground turned into some kind of ankle-grabbing bog of doom until Saturday.

A few showers will be nowt to worry about

I dont remember 2008 being that bad 2010 (i think) wasnt great!

Forecasts a week in advance wont be accurate

2008 Leeds? It was close to ruining the weekend it was that bad. You couldn't walk anywhere without it being a war of attrition. It was like walking in quicksand all over the campsite and arena.