Clashes

stevieweevil

I didn't have too many clashes when the announcements first came out. Trouble is the more I've explored the spotify play lists etc the more 'must see's' I've found! Having to draw a line now as I don't want to spend the weekend dashing around too much.

I didn't have too many clashes when the announcements first came out. Trouble is the more I've explored the spotify play lists etc the more 'must see's' I've found! Having to draw a line now as I don't want to spend the weekend dashing around too much.

Same here too.

Main clash is Tame Impale vs Low

but mostly I'll be flitting around like a blue arsed fly!!!

Each to their own... I loved Tame Impala's early stuff but the last 2 albums are putting me off. However they've always been on my "must see at some point" list and this is the first opportunity I've had. Also, I think sometimes you have to think about who's likely to come back to EOTR in the future and who isn't. So I have to choose Tame Impala over Low, even though I really like them too.

S***, s***, s***, s***, s***, s***, s***, s***, s***, s***, s***, s***, s***, s***, s***, s***, s***, s***, s***, s***, s***,

Just been listening to the new Low album, Ones and Sixes on stream from The Guardian newspaper site, and now I'm more torn then ever.

I had convinced myself to do Tame Impala - love the new album, and unlikely to see them again, which wouldn't be the case with Low.

But...................... oh dear..........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the new Low album is so great. But, looking at setlist from July they weren't playing much of it then.

Heellllpppppppppppp

Never knew a lot about Low but the new Tame Impala disco vibe was unappealing so wandered over to the Garden Stage instead. It was easily one of the most incredible sets i've seen by any band on the GS in 8 years - so glad i managed to catch it!

Same here, we watched/listened to the first two or three songs from Tame Impala and wasn't particularly impressed so wandered over to the Garden Stage to catch Low - probably our best decision of the weekend.

After defending Tame Impala on here before the festival, I stuck it out and was very bored by the end. I was hoping for a little of their early psych rock stuff at least, but not a jot. The new stuff was dull, especially as the band seemed to want to lurk in the shadows throughout.

While we are on the subject of Tame Impala, what is it with the Backlighting during there set? I was watching them through a perpetual squint. Not subtle or effective, just blinding..

I thought their psychedelic visuals looked kind of like the old Windows Media Player graphics! Same with Django Django.

(I enjoyed them both though.)