Should the site open Wednesday ?

ramragon

After the trauma a lot of people had getting onto site on Thursday this year in time for the entertainment I can see next year being similar as people will leave home earlier rather than miss bands or arrive later leaving another bottleneck. Does anyone think is viable to open the campsites on Wednesday an let people arrive in more diluted amounts, they don't need to put entertainment on, maybes open a village green bar like they did a few years ago.

The queuing aspect looks like one of the biggest complaints they had this year, is it viable to open Wednesday ?

Dont give them ideas mate!

there is no reason why they cant get folk on site quicker !

The signs are poor hidden behind bushes , houses and so on !

Only one sign in each direction explained the colours and most folk just went where they had been before !

Ive said this a few times ..........There is no point having a genius design a traffic management plan ( and it was clever and well thoughtout) if your going to allow arseholes to execute it! 

Edited by LOCHLAND5

At what point do you get your wristband when going in general?

Do they deal with this when you're still sitting in your car or do they do it after you have parked and you're entering at the top of the hill?

I managed to park up, walk straight in from main parking, through security and set my tent up next to a mates campervan, and it was only then when they asked where my wristband was that I realised I hadn't seen anyone handing them out! I had to make a special journey to the campervan field entrance to find someone to get one!

At what point do you get your wristband when going in general?

Do they deal with this when you're still sitting in your car or do they do it after you have parked and you're entering at the top of the hill?

You get your wristband once parked up and gone through the security search at the top of the hill,

Think it was because we had to wait in line with people going to the emperors area, we queued in the traffic for about 2 hours then we hit the fork in the road, people going to the emperors field took a right, and they had to talk to the stewards a lot long then people going to general camping on the left all we had to do was show our parking ticket. So I'm not sure this is where emperors camping got there wrist band, or it was due to people not pre paying for parking, it was very messy and unorganised

The signs are poor hidden behind bushes , houses and so on !

I missed the sign for the site and realised as I passed it. Too late tho, I then had to drive a few miles down the road past queueing traffic and sit and wait in the Queue for 2 hours to get to the original sign. Then another hour to get to emporers where they wristbanded us in the car. 3 of the 4 tickets were void!!! All were bought together. This took another half an hour to sort. I would definately go for Wednesday opening if possible.