Bon Iver

Amy Lawn

The magnificent individual Mr. B. Iver's set at Eaux Claires is up on Youtube, you can watch that here. I thought I'd start a thread for firstname: Bon, secondname: Iver, in preparation for his inevitable Glastonbury return next year, he has a lot to make up for after breaking Kanye's set this year (under the guise of his evil, thin, tattooed alter ego "Justin Vernon" or "The Baddest White Man Alive"). I reckon Bon is one of the best solo artists of our time, like Joanna Gruesome, or Sigur Ros, or La Roux. There's new music in there, although I haven't watched it yet, I wanted to bring this to the attention of the boards.

Bon Iver, West Holts, 2016. Believe.

Bobby Bear has already said he's not coming back, man.

I refuse to believe him, and it's Bonny Bear you apoth.

Also West Holts is the best stage, that's why he's playing there. We all remember the successful efests campaign to get Hot Chip headlining West Holts, we've got momentum now.

I refuse to believe him, and it's Bonny Bear you apoth.

Also West Holts is the best stage, that's why he's playing there. We all remember the successful efests campaign to get Hot Chip headlining West Holts, we've got momentum now.

I dunno. If he was gonna be back touring next year then he'd probably be promoting that by now, as it's not just gonna be Glastonbury.

And West Holts is a great place but you can't just start asking for your favourite folk rockers showing up and ruining all the dancing! Plus Bon Iver's comeback trail would be massive and much too big to be put on a level with Hot Chip. He'd be headlining the Other Stage.

Edited by dentalplan

Love him. But is he really that famous that he'd do other? And people can't see the national headlining other? Has he played venues the size of the O2 here?

Anyway I want him on the park thanks.

Played arenas on the last tour (Wembley, Glasgow and Manchester. I also think The National should be headlining it.

Love him. But is he really that famous that he'd do other? And people can't see the national headlining other? Has he played venues the size of the O2 here?

Anyway I want him on the park thanks.

Bon Iver headlined the Park Stage back on the first album tour and they grew a lot since then. Not doing the O2 but arenas and stuff nonetheless.

And hey I could see The National headlining Other! Much more likely for next year, I'd say.

Leave realism out of this, Dental. it's August. #TeamOurKidBonIverWestHoltsStage2016IfYouDon'tMindPlease.

Well he did play the MEN, but it wasn't really full by anybody's standards, at £30 a pop. Having said that, that's the exact same situation I faced when seeing NIN on their futzing comeback tour last year, and they're definitely Other headline sized. But if a hoary old Madchester group announces dates there, you watch those £55 + fees tickets fly out the door the day they go on sale. People round here are the worst.

Bon Iver headlined the Park Stage back on the first album tour and they grew a lot since then. Not doing the O2 but arenas and stuff nonetheless.

And hey I could see The National headlining Other! Much more likely for next year, I'd say.

I don't see them doing it next year. Aren't they working on new album? Although obviously I'd love it.

I don't see them doing it next year. Aren't they working on new album? Although obviously I'd love it.

They've already been working on that haven't they? They're playing shows next year but I don't know whether that's part of a larger touring schedule. Might be delayed by the EL VY stuff but still I think the fact they're doing one show already puts them at an advantage over Bon Iver.