Who are you wanting as headline acts ?

ramragon

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 12/11/2015 at 7:41 AM, eFestivals said:

Madness are worth see - a greqat fun-time band - but The Specials are a bore.

Sound like Madness will be the one then, what do you think the chances are of them being at KC ?

We mention them every year so fingers crossed plus I`ve get tickets for Neville Staple in Glasgow next year so this would be a win win.

Talking of fun-time bands, would be great to see Bombskare back at KC. They are the support for Neville and I remember they were magic in Chai Wallahs a few years back :)

Seen them at Wickerman in the tent during the afternoon a few times as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvZFLwqPtp0

On 14/12/2015 at 8:30 PM, comfortablynumb1910 said:

Sound like Madness will be the one then, what do you think the chances are of them being at KC ?

We mention them every year so fingers crossed plus I`ve get tickets for Neville Staple in Glasgow next year so this would be a win win.

Talking of fun-time bands, would be great to see Bombskare back at KC. They are the support for Neville and I remember they were magic in Chai Wallahs a few years back :)

Seen them at Wickerman in the tent during the afternoon a few times as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvZFLwqPtp0

Bombskare are brilliant. Missed James so I could see them in chai wallahs and it was well worth it. 

• 4 weeks later...

When you look back at last years line-up it makes you wonder if we should be preparing for a disappointment. I don`t see how they can better last time but fingers crossed.

I have a feeling that they might opt for a DJ as a main stage headliner on one of the nights. This would not suit me but the youngsters would lap it up. I hope I am wrong. The good news is I normally am :)

In other news, word on the wind is that Colonel Mustard and the Dijon 5 is not happening at KC :(  

21 hours ago, comfortablynumb1910 said:

When you look back at last years line-up it makes you wonder if we should be preparing for a disappointment. I don`t see how they can better last time but fingers crossed.

I have a feeling that they might opt for a DJ as a main stage headliner on one of the nights. This would not suit me but the youngsters would lap it up. I hope I am wrong. The good news is I normally am :)

In other news, word on the wind is that Colonel Mustard and the Dijon 5 is not happening at KC :(  

We're bound to be a little disapointed.....our expectations are probably still greater than the festival can secure

I hope you're wrong about the dj too, we dont need the calvin harris days back ha

1 hour ago, ramragon said:

I could see them going down that route on 1 night, but if its someone like fatboy slim i cant see there being loads of complaints

Fatboy slim is a camp bestival exclusive! 

Cant really see them going down the dj route if I'm honest . 

I think New order are nailed on for Thursday night . Booooooo!

Hotchip or faithless as a dance would of liked disclosure but I think they are 2 big ! 

Madness for Sunday .

then either foals or courteeners.

2 hours ago, LOCHLAND5 said:

Fatboy slim is a camp bestival exclusive! 

Cant really see them going down the dj route if I'm honest . 

I think New order are nailed on for Thursday night . Booooooo!

Hotchip or faithless as a dance would of liked disclosure but I think they are 2 big ! 

Madness for Sunday .

then either foals or courteeners.

Your probably right here about the DJ thing. I just have a bad feeling. Fatboy slim would be fine by me but I`m thinking something like these Guetta, Deadmau5`s types. I`ve wandered along to watch a bit of both of these over the years at fests and it really is pish BUT...my point is the young team would love it and they seem to shift tickets.

Hotchip would be brilliant :) I hope your right about Madness.

55 minutes ago, comfortablynumb1910 said:

Belle and Sebastian been announced for Greenman in August. Yes please KC :)

One of the highlights of last summer.

Im considering going to green man this year so if i do i dont want belle and sebastian headling both kc and green man

Id be surprised if they classed belle and sebastion as headline material after last  years line up. I do like them but i would guess it would leave most of the crowd scratching their heads as to who they were. 

Edited by ramragon

52 minutes ago, ramragon said:

Id be surprised if they classed belle and sebastion as headline material after last  years line up. I do like them but i would guess it would leave most of the crowd scratching their heads as to who they were. 

Fair point. They were probably more likely for Wickerman but that ain`t happening sadly. We need something for us old timers mate. I know you prefer the Fratellis ;) but I think Travis might be available to represent the North. Along with Chvrches of course.

4 minutes ago, comfortablynumb1910 said:

ChvrcNFair point. They were probably more likely for Wickerman but that ain`t happening sadly. We need something for us old timers mate. I know you  the Fratellis ;) but I think Travis might be available to represent the North. Along with Chvrches of course.

We saw Belle and Sebastian at Festival No 6 last year and they were superb. Their latest album was pretty bouncy plus they always have a stage invasion which is good to watch!