Who are you wanting as headline acts ?

ramragon

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Madness and fat boy slim would be ace.

Catfish and jake bugg seem more likely.

I'm defo predicting an avicci / guetta type but my predictions are always shit so hopefully we will be OK.

If manics are on the road then could see them doing the wickerman kc double. UB40 would be good on the Thursday.

I'd like to see Rage Against the machine, AC/DC, and prodigy. Far more likely is Manics (long overdue), one of the Gallaghers, and maybe, just maybe, the prodigy.

Would be a dream line up!

Just the Prodigy would be a dream come true at KC!  But they are still headlining major festivals, so unlikely :(

He was defo on the list for this year but they lost out to T in the park .

That's amazing. Hopefully next year then, I can't see V giving him a headline slot (I don't think they can afford to from a low ticket sales point of view l) nor do I see reading going down that route, and Glastonbury don't seem to lock in exclusives anyway.

I would've expected him to be (miles) out the price range, don't really know why

Edited by efcfanwirral

i think that Manics and/ or Richard Hawley would go down a treat as headliners. An outside bet that would be brilliant would be Morrissey :-)

For the people's below 40 :-) I think bands like Of Monsters and Men, Lumineers, War on Drugs (all of which saw at Glastonbury last year) would be excellent. With a little bit of Jake Bugg who could headline as well.

Nice thoughts....

They tell the fans what they want to hear ! Trust me! 

they may reduce the size of the guest list but more tickets will be sold !

Just a few more to cover inflation think thats how its put!

Saw this on Eden council website from last January. Looks like numbers goes up....

Licensing applications approved for Kendal Calling and Zanzibar

Following the withdrawal of objections, licensing applications to extend the capacity of Kendal Calling and for a new licensed premises in Penrith called Zanzibar, have been deemed approved, subject to conditions.

The Special Licensing Committee Meeting due to be held today, was cancelled after the objections to both applications were withdrawn. This now means that the organisers of Kendal Calling, Lakeside Creatives Limited can now increase the capacity of the music festival, which is held at Lowther near, Penrith to 35,000 over the next three years.

Eden District Council Environmental Health Officers held meetings with representatives from Kendal Calling to address their concerns and amend some of the licence conditions last week.

It has now been agreed that Kendal Calling can start at 5pm on Thursday, 30 July rather than Midday and will continue until Monday 3 August.

The capacity for the 2015 event will rise to 25,000, and then increase by a further 5,000 next year, reaching a maximum of 35,000 by 2017.

An application by Glenn Anderson to create a new licensed premises called Zanzibar at Sandgate in Penrith, at the former site of the O’Neils Sports Lounge was also deemed approved subject to conditions.

"

• 2 weeks later...