Some aerial photos of KC

Lowther Calling

It's terrible the way some people think it's ok to leave such a mess, presumably on the basis that someone else is getting paid to clear up. We left nothing that didn't go in the rubbish area but I'm not sure how the organisers could make it any different. Is it a societal thing?

It's terrible the way some people think it's ok to leave such a mess, presumably on the basis that someone else is getting paid to clear up. We left nothing that didn't go in the rubbish area but I'm not sure how the organisers could make it any different. Is it a societal thing?

Yes. People are selfish arsehats. I'm guessing the 'everyone else is doing it so i'll get away with it' attitude probably plays a part too.

I think the wanton waste you see at festivals these days is part of a much bigger, multi layered problem. Gear is incredibly cheap to buy-festival packs with airbeds, tents, sleeping bags for next to nothing. Sadly cheap = disposable in some people's minds. 

The festival audience is often young and a lot of (not all by any means) younger people do not see anything wrong with leaving the stuff behind for someone else to sort out (a sad reflection on parenting I suspect).

The other issue is a lot of them live in small flats in cities and so if the gear is cheap why not just leave it? Why lug it home, clean it and store it for a year if you may not even go to a festival again? 

I also agree with cdm22-if other people are doing it why shouldn't I? People rarely litter very clean spaces because it would stand out a mile.

Solutions anyone? I wish I had some! I'm a regular festival goer and this makes me angry every time! :(
smile emoticon

Just handing bin bags out to people when getting their wristbands would help a bit. Many are too dim to bring a bin bag with them in the first place so will end up dumping it anywhere as too lazy to find one later.

There was bin bag supplied at every waste point. There are a lot of lazy people out there, that expect every thing handed to them on a plate, but that's a different topic for a different forum,

And I would be lying if I said the thought of leaving my tent didn't cross my mind when I was hungover on Monday morning, but you just get on with it don't you.

However on a brighter note I thought the arena was one of the cleanest areas have ever seen at a festival. And the kids seemed so excited collecting all the emptys, not sure the parents who where following them around felt the same excitement tho

I was about to add that contrary to every other year I did not see any kids rooting through the bins this year but sadly again Mrs Bottonrob did! No wonder they looked so happy!!

...and sorry realise this is my annual bin-kid rant. I will put a lid on it (scuse the pun) for rest of 2015.

Yeah actually did I miss something re the bins/picking up stuff in the arena and kids? I did wonder why so many kids were roaming the site picking up stuff! Is there some kind of reward scheme or am I being a muppet?

10p per pintpot/can or plastic bottle return

one 'lady' took her young daughter down to the emperors rubbish point and supervised whilst she emptied cans etc from rubbish bags! The same rubbish point that was often used as a piss point for some camped near there. Nice

Yeah there's some classy people out there